Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Executor.thumb.jpg.81ffa809fa28249e35927

K I mean idk what to say about this card. Sooo, I mean I guess it is okish?? Maybe decent or something along that line, I just do not see why you wouldn't play forsaken, skeleton warriors, nightguard, nox trooper, or dreadcharger. I just don't know....

K I mean idk what to say about this card. Sooo, I mean I guess it is okish?? Maybe decent or something along that line, I just do not see why you wouldn't play forsaken, skeleton warriors, nightguard, nox trooper, or dreadcharger. I just don't know....

Well, its a M/M, *but there are not a lot of M units in T1*. (there are, but you can better play forsaken or nox, as you said, because they have range).

the ability is okey-ish... its not bad to have, but I don't think a lot of people would use this in PvP.

* I just did some research. there are actually more M units in T1 (27 of them), than S units (only 14 of them).

Edited by SilenceKiller99

Well, its a M/M, *but there are not a lot of M units in T1*. (there are, but you can better play forsaken or nox, as you said, because they have range).

the ability is okey-ish... its not bad to have, but I don't think a lot of people would use this in PvP.

* I just did some research. there are actually more M units in T1 (27 of them), than S units (only 14 of them).

thats not really the reason, the reason is fire and shadow are most commonly played T1, and they both have ranged M-S archers. Thats not a good sign for Executor. Furthermore, he doesn't really fulfill any special role(no special abilities impacting the game too much) and also pretty attack-health ratio for a melee unit, meaning he will be more easily kited and taken down. Add that to the fact that shadow has two amazing M counters already(forsaken and Nox Trooper(especially his special ability) that executor becomes really redundant.

Never saw it neither in PvP or PvE, i'd say removing it would cause any impact on the game :P

removing it would cause any impact on the game? would not you mean?

I don't agree tho. I don't play fire, but I have read @Eirias pvpdeck builder guide and it was in there... this is what eirias said about it:

o   Backlash, to kill attacking enemies. The problem is that backlash is expensive and has a large cooldown, making it inefficient against spammy t3 units.

o   Backlash—deals a lot of damage, but it’s rarely used because it only does half damage against structures.

So it might be usefull if you are T3 and the enemy is not, or has no spammy units. maybe against large T2 armies.

Edited by SilenceKiller99

removing it would cause any impact on the game? would not you mean?

I don't agree tho. I don't play fire, but I have read @Eirias pvpdeck builder guide and it was in there... this is what eirias said about it:

o   Backlash, to kill attacking enemies. The problem is that backlash is expensive and has a large cooldown, making it inefficient against spammy t3 units.

o   Backlash—deals a lot of damage, but it’s rarely used because it only does half damage against structures.

So it might be usefull if you are T3 and the enemy is not, or has no spammy units. maybe against large T2 armies.

I mostly mentioned it to be complete. The cards that only damage units aren't very useful in t3 PvE (especially ones with a low AoE). Against large armies, when you're t3, it's often better just to cc them and use that extra power to kill something important. T3 is usually so fast paced that cc'd units are as useful as dead units. Cards like Thunderstorm do have their uses as cleanup, but for a faction like fire, you can be aggressive enough that cleanup isn't very important. Backlash is not even good for cleanup though.

I'm still not saying Backlash is useless. Every now and then I used it in in my 2v2 deck to help finish out late games and have something to counter t3 air units, but I usually found that I had better cards to use in that slot.

Another card I tried to make work, but there is no situation where you don't have other cards that do a better job...

The card had its op time when the devs decided to buff it for no reason (I think it did full damage to structures and dealth 50% of its damage to individual creatures), at least they noticed their mistake.

I mostly mentioned it to be complete. The cards that only damage units aren't very useful in t3 PvE (especially ones with a low AoE). Against large armies, when you're t3, it's often better just to cc them and use that extra power to kill something important. T3 is usually so fast paced that cc'd units are as useful as dead units. Cards like Thunderstorm do have their uses as cleanup, but for a faction like fire, you can be aggressive enough that cleanup isn't very important. Backlash is not even good for cleanup though.

I'm still not saying Backlash is useless. Every now and then I used it in in my 2v2 deck to help finish out late games and have something to counter t3 air units, but I usually found that I had better cards to use in that slot.

the t3 spells that are damage based in the game are honestly all decent, except backlash and aura of pain probably.

Guess i dont need to explain Frostshard( having the cc on top makes this one even better), Soulshatter and Thunderstorm. Inferno was pricey however if you play a fire orb in PVE you should have SoW anyways so that power doesn't really matter. Sandstorm was okayish, even though Soulshatter was better most of the time. And Etheral Storm was pretty good, but not used in t3. That one really kicks in when you're t4 with Lost Evocations or even building a whole deck around revenants.

Very good card for PvE :kappa:

But i think this is a good card for pvp. When you go T3 and then the  enemy start making up a huge army, you have dont make any new units, just save 200 energy and then... unleash the void!

Edited by AlphaFlux

Oh my the terror of 2v2 especially if the game dragged for 10-20 mins. That card saved my life quite a lot of times by wiping out armies. It was void energy dependant tho so if noot many units died ingame the card wouldnt have been much use.

This spell could be a nuclear bomb if players have a lot of void power :D but when your enemy make huge army you have soulshatter which is better

hmm I still feel void storm is better, unless they are all grouped together and some are on low heath, Void storm was the the kthxbai nuke. 

Moon.thumb.png.bf12d34cd7ca87a18f1a610a8

Is Moon good card? Make sense use her? What you think?

100 power unit is too expensive, especially in PvP. The abilities are also very situational, and often doesn't have a big enough effect. Furthermore, they are way too expensive for their effects. (60 for necroshade and 70 for dark art.)

I missed the time when she was viable in PvP, before she got nerfed. I still tried to use her in a pure shadow deck, wich costed ELO, but led to some really great moments. One time i managed to fully heal an army of shadow mages with her ability wich took my oponent by surprise (players that never encountered that ability mistake it for a corpse explosion, wich has the same animation). BUT it's much easier and more efficent to play pure shadow with KoC and/or NG as your L counter and to use green netherwarp for your mageheals. Still a beauty and the only skylord of shadow, so thematically really fitting into a pure shadow deck !

Edited by SunWu II.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic