Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

I feel like we need a new card. What's better than the mighty Grim Bahir?

fc013b3582db86b018c452c5f01f8214.png

I like this as it spits out shadow balls and can steal life. It's also shadow :)

never understood the hype around this card as I never owned, used, or seen it being used... It's probably a good card to do pve the traditional way though... So are a lot of other cards. What's so special about this one? Which OP combo uses this card?

I feel like we need a new card. What's better than the mighty Grim Bahir?

fc013b3582db86b018c452c5f01f8214.png

I like this as it spits out shadow balls and can steal life. It's also shadow :)

Well, my spontaneous answer would be Bloodhorn or Tortugun. However, as oncle Bahir as also another being of Shadow, I have no personal problems with him.

For sure it is a cool and stylish card but it lacks many other things like... attack... or health. I admit that I did not use him often and I have heard him being useful for Tortugun as a supplier for a never ending food source. But that still leaves you with the necessity for a tank and imo T4 only ever really needs 2 monster cards.

But what is the worst is that this unit does not counter anything. Being no counter is legitimate for excellent debuffers like Lost Dragon, but Grim Bahir is neither a true supporter nor a debuffer, so every little bit of damage would help this card.

A L-Counter would really help this card and could provide your army with some really nice attack power with its attack and the spawns.

never understood the hype around this card as I never owned, used, or seen it being used... It's probably a good card to do pve the traditional way though... So are a lot of other cards. What's so special about this one? Which OP combo uses this card?

Was my first rare card that's why I'm hyped about it :P

Was my first rare card that's why I'm hyped about it :P

aha! Not talking about you specifically because i didnt know that :kappa: But Grim Bahir was uber hyped up in old BF, i never understood why because I totally agree with Omega's post. I don't see why this is that good a card.

...but Grim Bahir is neither a true supporter nor a debuffer,..

It gave some form of support by transforming the units it killed into frenzied m-units wich hadn't much hp or attack but attracted the enemy fire. It was probably mostly hyped for its looks, but that was a really cool feature. Having 8 - 10 Grim Bahirs + infect used to lead to crazy large armies of bugs so that the Bahirs didn't really have to do too much damage. Of course not a speedrun card, but definetly a strong, fun to play + nice to look at card.

This topic will be related to discussing a card everyday, and here are the guide-lines to keep this discussion under control:

The discussion must remain on topic with the card that will be presented to discuss. 

The card that can be discussed can be any card (yes, that means Easter Egg)

Have fun while discussing, I hope this can turn into a lively chat about what we think about cards!

This Discussion  can also help newer players determine which cards are good and which are pretty damn useles

Daily, huh? Where have you been Loptous?

New card: Wrecker!

latest?cb=20090410162202  28ec24132589ebb82b825f7aabe5df6f.png

What do you guys think of this card? Specially for PvP! Some people use it, others don't... I think it can be really nice if you play a somewhat bigger T1/T2.

@SilenceKiller99 I used to use Wrecker a lot in PvP deck, but he is melee, and too slow, so you just get kited down really easily. If you have sunderers, I guess you could make him work in your deck with rallying cry + sunderer, which is what I used to do, other than that, there are just too many range M- Counter in T1 that are better than Wrecker and will wreck your wrecker before he does any damage (pun intended). 

@HaudraufTypi Strikers wasn't particularly good for PvP due to the high power cost...

Edited by Ultrakool

I think it's a very nice beginner card. A M/M never hurts, he has good stats and his ability allows for some cool shenanigans. The problem is that he does not truely have a role and while he does make your live a little bit easier, he does not make up for the fact that he uses up a precious slot in your deck.

Also, some high tier pvp players liked another T1 M/M(hold your breath)... Nomads! I have seen some astonishing things done with the green ability against Frost.

Edited by Mental Omega

@SunWu II. You do know you are supposed to start with saying something about the card right?

Love that card ! After it's nerf it wasn't OP in T3 anymore (damagecap) and it was always fun to have an instant damage spell in shadow. I wish i would have a collage of the best nasties i've ever seen !

Great card since it can damage friendly structures.

Damage is calculated with all incoming missiles already connected.

Deals 2/3 of a units current hp to a single target.

This makes things like attacking a nightcrawler rushing onto your skyfiredrake possible before the nasty kills it.

Animation is top notch as we can see above.

Has a delay before actually doing anything so you can nasty things before a nightguard takes over and get the ng while destroying the unit.

Works as a buff so it can be disenchanted in that time span.

I don't think there is much to say about this card, other than that it really is a cool, creative and useful shadow must have in pvp. In Pve it used to be extremely fun if you made some Spore Launcher Bombs (boom baby!).

Too bad they restricted it to T1/T2, only because they made a T3 card that is so f****d up (meaning Grigori) that it became cheesily overpowered...

latest?cb=20120115184837  Twilight-Warfare_fire.thumb.jpg.62521000

Lets talk about these today. I have personally never seen this card being used, so I'm very interested in hearing what you all have to say! At first glance, it seems like this card is pretty strong as it temporarily allows you to summon units undazed, simulating the effect of summoning at the power well. As a result of that, your units will immediately be as strong as the ones your opponents summon. The cost isn't too much for a supportive spell.

Added to that the fact that it gives a bonus damage it gives using the infused affinity or life steal using the shadow affinity, I'm surprised this card isn't used in PVE and PVP both.

I used it in the last Community Challenge, sadly i misclicked on the wrong unit so it didnt really had much of an effect. I liked that card when using pure Twilight rPVE decks to maximize damage and play units undazed. Pretty underrated card tbh. Might be because of its card description being not that clear.

I don't think there is much to say about this card, other than that it really is a cool, creative and useful shadow must have in pvp. In Pve it used to be extremely fun if you made some Spore Launcher Bombs (boom baby!).

Too bad they restricted it to T1/T2, only because they made a T3 card that is so f****d up (meaning Grigori) that it became cheesily overpowered...

I am pretty sure the nerf was different and simply added a damagecap.

Lets talk about these today. I have personally never seen this card being used, so I'm very interested in hearing what you all have to say! At first glance, it seems like this card is pretty strong as it temporarily allows you to summon units undazed, simulating the effect of summoning at the power well. As a result of that, your units will immediately be as strong as the ones your opponents summon. The cost isn't too much for a supportive spell.

Added to that the fact that it gives a bonus damage it gives using the infused affinity or life steal using the shadow affinity, I'm surprised this card isn't used in PVE and PVP both.

Seems cool. It only cost you a slot in your deck. And most decks only have a few T3 slots, so it would be very tricky to use it this way. If you have a small twilight T1/T2 and a bigger T3, it might be worth it.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic