Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

While the title of the worst card in the game belongs to Willzapper in my opinion, Waystation comes shortly after.

To put it nicely the purple affinity is utter crap. Think about it: 600 dmg in 20 seconds for a slow constructing building that requires souls before it can be used.
Bandits are not made to stay and last, we often steamroll or get steamrolled. That's the drill.

Moreover, an additional damage structure is simply not needed and adds nothing to factions having access to this. It's also boring and passive to play.

The red affinity could be used potentially, but as I mentioned, Bandits are an active/pro-aggressive faction are made for movement and quickly changing frontlines. Once this structure is ready to do it's job, your army is either dead already or located at a different spot on the map.
I just don't see where this card really fits into. It might not be absolutely terrible because it's only 50 energy, but it's still a wasted slot.

Even with a better ability, I find it hard to imagine that this card will ever be played in pvp because slots are scarce in a Bandit deck and their T3 is already good enough.

This leaves pve and for this case I actually thought back in the day. I think Bandits could use it as a unique support structure that mimics abilities of some other T2 factions with additional flexibility. There are many ways to make this a really cool support card, but I think this card should simply be a mix of two T1/T2 cards, made for T3.
This would make it comparable with Sylvan gate, which is actually a blend of Tunnel and Healing Well.

I see the following possibilities:
 - Breeding Grounds + Banner of Glory
 - Rallying Banner + Fire Bomb (but with proper damage, of course)
 - Furance of Flesh + Healing Gradens

I could see this being used in r(PvE), but if this would be seen as too strong, an option would be let the abilities only do their work when the structure has gathered souls, first (excluding Furance of Flesh of course).
But I am just wishlisting xD

I guess a pragmatic approach to balancing it would be for the purple affinity: reasonable damage + big range (outranging fortifications).
And for red: Rapid construction

While the title of the worst card in the game belongs to Willzapper in my opinion, Waystation comes shortly after.

To put it nicely the purple affinity is utter crap. Think about it: 600 dmg in 20 seconds for a slow constructing building that requires souls before it can be used.
Bandits are not made to stay and last, we often steamroll or get steamrolled. That's the drill.

Moreover, an additional damage structure is simply not needed and adds nothing to factions having access to this. It's also boring and passive to play.

The red affinity could be used potentially, but as I mentioned, Bandits are an active/pro-aggressive faction are made for movement and quickly changing frontlines. Once this structure is ready to do it's job, your army is either dead already or located at a different spot on the map.
I just don't see where this card really fits into. It might not be absolutely terrible because it's only 50 energy, but it's still a wasted slot.

Even with a better ability, I find it hard to imagine that this card will ever be played in pvp because slots are scarce in a Bandit deck and their T3 is already good enough.

This leaves pve and for this case I actually thought back in the day. I think Bandits could use it as a unique support structure that mimics abilities of some other T2 factions with additional flexibility. There are many ways to make this a really cool support card, but I think this card should simply be a mix of two T1/T2 cards, made for T3.
This would make it comparable with Sylvan gate, which is actually a blend of Tunnel and Healing Well.

I see the following possibilities:
 - Breeding Grounds + Banner of Glory
 - Rallying Banner + Fire Bomb (but with proper damage, of course)
 - Furance of Flesh + Healing Gradens

I could see this being used in r(PvE), but if this would be seen as too strong, an option would be let the abilities only do their work when the structure has gathered souls, first (excluding Furance of Flesh of course).
But I am just wishlisting xD

I guess a pragmatic approach to balancing it would be for the purple affinity: reasonable damage + big range (outranging fortifications).
And for red: Rapid construction

Well question is if you want to completely redesign its abilities or if you just want to change 'minor' things and leave its basic 'concept'( buff up units(fire) / have a supporting aoe building (purple)). Kinda like your idea for a complete redesign though. I already made a post about a possibility for 'minor' changes, at least for red

Well question is if you want to completely redesign its abilities or if you just want to change 'minor' things and leave its basic 'concept'( buff up units(fire) / have a supporting aoe building (purple)). Kinda like your idea for a complete redesign though. I already made a post about a possibility for 'minor' changes, at least for red

Yeah, I have read those but I am not completely sold on them. I do think what you proposed are good changes, but I am not sure if that would suffice to make it really worth a slot.

In BF, it is often the case that a card is not inheritly bad, but rather the fact that a card simply does not have a place in a deck. As you pointed out, this card can only work as a support structure and not as a sole defense card. And another thing, iIf you want to go for defense, Ncroblaster is a similar and waaaay more powerful option in T3. So I think Waystation is best suited as a macro card that affects units with it's abilities. The debuff on purple would do this very nicely, but still leaves this card with 2 real drawbacks: Gathering souls and slow construction.

Oh and btw. even if you really have time to set up your defensive lines... just go for a Necroblaster.

Anyway, one of these drawbacks is already enough to make it only semi-okay but as it is, you will never get the opportunity to reap its advantages. A ranged red version could work, but I imagine it being rather cumbersome to use, as waystation will be away from combat and would require souls before you start fighting. If we go for small changes, rapid construction would be a more fun, risky and dynamic solution. You can pressure your enemy into forcing to prioritize it, as otherwise you will reap its benefits instantly. I would even go for a price increase for rapid construction to 75 energy.

And if purple, already doesn't work for defense, make it some kind of area of denial card or something aggressive with a really big area of effect. But still, then this card would only be sub-par against large and XL creatures.

It really would need a lot of tinkering to keep the mechanic as it is if you want to make it useful. So, I think a complete rework might even be the faster and easier solution.

Amii-Phantom.thumb.jpg.38039f28903850486

Sorry about no card yesterday, I will make up for it by posting on this weekend.

Anyways, I think this is a decent card, that looks pretty overloaded in my opinion. We all know shadow and nature play very good when mixed together, I just wish that they would expanded on the Amii faction, because that could of created some more dynamic gameplay.

Anyways, I think this is a decent card, that looks pretty overloaded in my opinion. We all know shadow and nature play very good when mixed together, I just wish that they would expanded on the Amii faction, because that could of created some more dynamic gameplay.

True that! I prefer Nature Fire now, because it has more possibilities ( in my opinion ), but if the Amii was expended I think I would prefer Nature Shadow.

Stone-Shell_shadow.thumb.jpg.2e9b5544c42Stone-Shell_nature.thumb.jpg.01f68dee2f5

This card is alright in my opinion. Reduces the damage the more units that are in the radius, cool. I guess it was kind of made for PVE, or in some cases PVP would be very good because of all the units that are really clustered together. Same with PVE when you want to keep all your units together use this card and get some very nice mitigation.

This card is alright in my opinion. Reduces the damage the more units that are in the radius, cool. I guess it was kind of made for PVE, or in some cases PVP would be very good because of all the units that are really clustered together. Same with PVE when you want to keep all your units together use this card and get some very nice mitigation.

I actually had to look up this card, never seen it before. But seems like a pretty strong spell. The difference between the tainted and the gifted one is not so much though, as I saw in MrXLink's Document

I wonder, *hint* alpha testers *hint*, does a squad of 6 units count as 1 or as 6?

I think that card would be better if it were a 2 orb card. My personal opinion. Never used it but i good. I'm a lost fan. :D

one of the reasons I dont think this card ever saw play in PvP. There are just no slots for a spell in T3 that doesnt really do enough, to be very honest.

I think it is a very good card that comes to shine when you are in T4 and have many units on the field. I am talking about rPvE here, as this card is normally in overkill in pve that only takes a slot. I once made a Stonekin deck for my brother which featured this card and he always kept it.

If you can bring it into your stonekin deck, I would certainly do so, but it is simply not a must have. Stonekin already is a very durable deck to begin with and because this effect does not stack with the normal Stonekin damage resistance, it is not quite as good as it might look.

There is not really more to say, other than: oh god please don't make Stonekin T2 even stronger. It was about to get nerfed before BF was shut down and you want to give them even more? U_U

If anything, I would make this an exclusive Stonekin spell for T4 that does the job it currently does, but better. Make it similar to Twilight Pestilance (blue) but let it keep its uniqueness I would say. Btw. Twilight Pestilance is an insanely good card that makes your units take only half damage.

Shield-Building.thumb.jpg.62bd9722aa1292

If I remember correctly, you start out with this card. The shield is amazing, but only one flaw I see is that it cannot be used on units which is kind of bummer. But for protecting wells and orbs, this is one of the cards to do it. You could also use this in a Lost Souls deck or Stonekin which adds more to it's usability. Overall pretty good card

A 1650 damage shield for 8 seconds, which refreshes ever 7 seconds up to 3 times... sounds pretty OP for only 50 power. Not on units is kinda lame tho, and it's a 3 orb card. But otherwise it would be way to strong too.

Imagine putting it on Avatar of Frost man, that thing would never die...

Eww....shield building !

It was of the most seen T3 cards in mid- and highranked PvP because it was a standard card for pretty much every frost splash. Pure Shadow often went frost T3 only for this card ! (well...maybe for lancers and grig, too :rolleyes:)

Soulshatter.thumb.jpg.89b161c538a8495c9d

Here's one I used on PVE quite a lot. Even though it could kill you units I found it very helpful in some AOE clear. Very good card for PVE I hope you guys can give a better description for this card, because I just like the fact it does damage :D 

An amazing card you can use everywhere in the game, I loved it particularly in my rPvE deck. Once you see a critical mass of damage units, you know it is time to start the chain reaction.

It is pure beauty. Especially if you combine it with other cards like Lavafield, Inferno (if you have the spare power), Soulhunter's Mines, Shadow Phoenixes (as they add additional damage on their death as well). But most anf for all, this card is the perfect catalyst for Cluster Explosion.

Edited by Mental Omega

Even though im a bit late on it, some short thoughts on Stone Shell:

I think it is a pretty decent card, however i think Revenge is bettet in most cases. In rPVE you generally want more damage and only as much defense as necassery and nothing more. In most cases you really only need a little extra protection besides heals, and Revenge exactly gives that extra bit and not the ton of damage reduction of Stone Shell. You get instead little more danage, ehich always comes in handy. Stone Shell was superior when youd face insane amount of damages that you couldnt handle with revenge alone. 

Back to the current card:

Soulshatter wa probably one of the most flexible cards for rPVE when you just build general decks. Little orb restrictions and sick amount of damage if used decently.

I really loved the combo with frenetic assault, cluster explosion and infect, Just sick burst damage with nice follow up damage for clearing rest of bases. If you wanted you could even add earthshaker to that combo.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic