Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

I dunno... which deck really benefits from this card? Sure a T2 M/M never hurts but he is just too expensive for what he does imo.

With exceptions of Bandits T2, all factions already got some kind of CC... which is why I tested him in a Bandit deck. However, he just cannot return his investment. He just does not seem to have good synergy with any good card I am familiar with.

Rogan Kayle was pretty decent for pure nature & shadow nature. His ability has a unique strengh, because it's the only hard cc, that doesn't stack up cc-reduction. This means you can create a perma CC-chain with root & oink, which is a beautiful way to counter Harvester or XL Units in general. Shadow Nature & Pure Nature don't have reliable XL T2-counter (Root AoC doesn't work against Harvester + Life Weaving) and I decided to give Rogan a try & it really makes this card viable. In addition to that pure Nature really benefits from M/M units even if his stats aren't that incredible.

Rogans passive is also not that bad (For example you do play 4 Darkelf assassins + Rogan, you get additional 570dp20s -> 3840 dp20s overall, which is more than 6 Darkelf assassins who deal 3420 dp20s*)

*keep in mind that Rogan is melee -> he usually won't deal 990dp20s due to kiting/knockbacks aso. ... That's why I would assume both unit combos would deal the same amount of damage in a real pvp fight, but Rogan allows you to play chain cc, which is super important against buffed Harvester & this makes the Rogan-unitcomposition superior. 

Aside from that there is no real place for Rogan Kayle in the cruel PvP-world, because his stats aren't good enough & he's too expensive (-> weak vs cc).

Best regards 

Radi

I dunno... which deck really benefits from this card? Sure a T2 M/M never hurts but he is just too expensive for what he does imo.

With exceptions of Bandits T2, all factions already got some kind of CC... which is why I tested him in a Bandit deck. However, he just cannot return his investment. He just does not seem to have good synergy with any good card I am familiar with.

I guess you could say, "It's the shoes..."

After the reaver nerf, grigori was the new definition of lame :( Also Hirooo says he likes them, but i know for a fact that he always used to suicide them.

What do you think about lost grigori ? :)

Edited by SunWu II.

lordcyrian.thumb.png.c411260e663d4f8a67f

Let's talk about our Moloch friend here! Well if you ever had achieved this card from playing the mediocre game named: Lord of Ultima, then you have probably received this card from defeating one Moloch.

His stat lines are very good for T3, but the power cost is insane. He would be good on PVP if the game was going on for awhile, but PVE is where he really shines. The thrust of Ultima is a very strong move that can clear most camps instantly. And if you didn't feel like playing him and moving on to other units, just activate enrage, and you'll be set.

Overall I think he is very good.

Funky abilities, but doesn't really fit into any specific roles, in PVE or PvP. If seen use, would be more in PVE though. The power cost for PVP is too high and he doesn't do enough(Basenuke wise) for his cost. In PvP, Mo would be far superior.

--Hence, probably one of the worst promos(easter egg won't be included)

Edited by Ultrakool

Never actually gotten that card, however i do not like it anyways. I always preferred a spellbased playstyle over unitbased. Having a t3 card with high costs doesnt really fit that playstyle very well. If i had to use T3 XL's cause of their superior tanky stats i still preferred cards with lower power costs such as Lost Grigori or Soulhunter.

I actually went out early to grab this card and get it before most other people. Because, you know... selling it is much more profitable when there are fewer cards around xD

Tried to use it a few times in rPvE before I had proper cards, but after that, it's garbage. Way too high power cost.

Edited by Mental Omega

(easter egg won't be included)

Easter Egg was probably the most OP card ever, did you see the power cost on it? 25?!?! That's a cheap ass card. Still it has so many uses! It also looks really cool, 10/10 would buy again. :kappa:

Edited by veryhasted

I guess I'm a little late, but i used to use Rogan a lot (but I had a weird deck to begin with). My bread & butter was rogan and ghostspears backed by firestalkers. It was very difficult for many factions to deal with the M and S combo, and they also had 2360 damage/20 secs (not counting fire stalkers). It wasn't the most efficient combo, but if I managed to get enough power in one place, it was pretty hard to stop. Rogan and ghostspears were nice at keeping enemies away from the fire stalkers because 1). both units have a pretty high health (esp with heals), and 2). that semi-infinite cc. Rogan pairs well with fire-nature because the other cc's help cover the weakness of his, while the high dps units benefit a lot from his passive.

Easter Egg was the strongest promo as long as it gave you a free tier 2.

Luckily they fixed that.

what?

Easteregg used to be tier 2(moving it to tier 2 was the bufffix yo) and if it was the first card you played the game didnt realy know what to transform your startingmonument to.

So it didnt. You could then create a coloured monument with playing a second card. This would make you tier t2 with 1 neutral 1 coloured orb.

Edited by Hirooo

I think that a lot of people forget to fully take advantage of his charge and rage. More precisely, they forget to make the Giant Slayer walk a bit away and right after that make it charge again, and since it's fully raged it does a very nice amount of damage. He does not have to move a lot at all for this to work and I believe for sure worth it.

Easteregg used to be tier 2(moving it to tier 2 was the bufffix yo) and if it was the first card you played the game didnt realy know what to transform your startingmonument to.

So it didnt. You could then create a coloured monument with playing a second card. This would make you tier t2 with 1 neutral 1 coloured orb.

Wait, so the game would think your first orb counted for 2 orbs?

Giant-Slayer.thumb.jpg.eddc830043ec2555d

A new card has emerged in the Card Discussion realm. Giant Slayer, I don't know much about him to well, I would assume is better against larger units but that's how far it goes for me.

Have you checked out my Deck Building guide? I have a lot about him.

I think Giant Slayer is the single most useful t3 card. If you take a 1-card t3 (and many did, esp in fire-nat), it will probably be him.

He is good for spamming to hit multiple bases at once. He is good for defending against cheap spams because he is also cheap. He CAN take out XL units, but I think he's a pretty subpar XL counter because he dies so easily. His hamstring is also really good for defense. WIth rage, he does 1000 damage per charge (can use every 7 hits). Properly microed, GS has the highest dps of any fire t3 unit (besides jugger and spitfire).

Wait, so the game would think your first orb counted for 2 orbs?

Playing easter egg(T1) will create a non colored monument, and playing a colored T1 card after that will create a colored monument, so you could have T2 right from the start by spawning two units, since the non colored monument wasn't counted as the monument somehow. I don't really understand how that works since technically you still only have one monument....

And was the bug fixed? If it is changed to a T2 card couldn't you get instant T3?

Playing easter egg(T1) will create a non colored monument, and playing a colored T1 card after that will create a colored monument, so you could have T2 right from the start by spawning two units, since the non colored monument wasn't counted as the monument somehow. I don't really understand how that works since technically you still only have one monument....

And was the bug fixed? If it is changed to a T2 card couldn't you get instant T3?

But where does the non-colored monument spawn, and where does the colored one spawn? There is one physical monument....

No, because for t2 and t3 you need to click which color to make, spawning doesn't matter.

But where does the non-colored monument spawn, and where does the colored one spawn? There is one physical monument....

No, because for t2 and t3 you need to click which color to make, spawning doesn't matter.

That's what Im wondering too ^^

@Hiroo

Here's something interesting today! Waystation away!

I don't have time to talk right now but I will soon, I'll leave it to you guys right now

practically no use in PvP and too long to build up in PvE, I tried doing something with it in the Epic Alpha Tournaments though :P
Didn't really work.

Edited by Ultrakool

Well this card has some design issues in my opinion.

Waystation red has an ability that is basically offensive nature, by increasing allies damage by x %. Problem is that the zone is to small to use this card offensively in an efficient way. You need to build it up outside of enemies aggro range.  That means your units will most likely not be able to fight in that zone permanently in order to destroy structures. You either have to pull enemy into the zone or take the buff of Waystation and run to the camp, that already should take few seconds, 20 seconds is simply not enough to make it efficient that way. There are simply more efficient options. If you use it for defensive purposes you have to use it with units, however mostly towers are better for those purposes.

Waystation purple is more like the defensive part of the 2. The poison aura however is more like an supportive effect however, meaning you will most likely have to build other towers on top of that. However using a whole slot for a defensive support tower building is kinda meh. The effect is kinda good against a lot of small units, but that will probably never happen when youre in t3 already.

In order to make this one worth i could think for the red one of a zone that can been set like 'Soul Suction' of Soul Splicer. In that area( you can argue about how huge it should be), you would get the damage buff on units for 20 seconds. That ability has also an cooldown of at least 20 seconds, so you cant just use it all over the place permanently :P. 180 Life Points is definetly way to less for that flexibility, so id increase the price for applying the buff once to probably 1200 or something similar. The range in which it could be cast should probably be set around artillery range + radius of the ability.

For the purple one you could probably add an damage reduction debuff on top of the gift, making it bit more worth using it as an defensive support building. not so sure about that one though

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic