Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Tortugun_frost.thumb.jpg.45a398f8bac8e9aTortugun_fire.thumb.jpg.1ba1b8636b538d2c

Oh my its time for this one now... Well, I never did find a use for this card other than inside of the forge, because let's be honest it's Amok kills the card... If you were to put this in a battlegrounds PVE map, you would most likely forget to feed it anything, and before you know it, it is killing your units. The attack though on the card is so insane, probably one of the highest attacks in the game, but unfortunately I had never seen this card played before (personally) on PVE, but what do you guys think?

I am sure someone down the line has used it for some purpose, for like a complete bandit deck or something

I actually used this card in battlegrounds all the time. Just use offering on him right before he starts eating your other units, and you get a new charge to summon a new one. Bloodhorn stampedes to take out the buildings, a tortugun to rain hell on everything. The red one has a very long range with a ridiculous damage. This is probably my favourite bandit card. 

Unstalbe-Demon.thumb.jpg.581880eeb3080b0

So let's talk about Unstable Demon today! First off, it has two of same abilities as Ash Bone Pyro, except it is melee. Except there is a catch, at full health this card will kind of do a nasty surprise on the surrounding area which sounds kind of cool. I still prefer Ash Bone because, they are ranged siegers that can easily melt down buildings, while this guy, I think would never get a chance to use his Critical Mass, unless you are going some Shadow/Nature deck.

What do you guys think? 

This card would be perfectly viable for PvP if the explosion was a ability you could trigger manually as long as the unit is full hp.

M conter was very rare for t3 but could hardcounter silverwind lancers because the lifesteal vs high hp low dmg M units was perfect.

But besides offense there are better L conter and to defend against an Xl ashebone was way better since he was ranged and did not suddenly explode.

Which is the weakest point of the card. If you successfully get a situation where your unit trades good or defends against any basenuker it blows up.

And the dmg is not huge. To ignore this unit attacking your tremor worked completely fine.

And to siege with an Unstable Demon required you to stop attacking for a while to loose hp or he would explode before even killing a well if he was left alone.

So if you want more diversity in PvP t3 the small change to make it an active ability might make this card really strong

As it's a T4 card it's probably kind of useless in PvP atleast 1v1's. I never played frost so I wouldn't really know how useful it could be in PvE but as it has XL damage and it's a cheap card I can see it work kind of good. I might be totally wrong though.

Lost-Bannestone_nature.thumb.jpg.4ddac5cLost-Banestone_frost.thumb.jpg.5af0f2f71

I find this card hard to talk about. I mean sure it stuns units, but every 60 seconds? Not really my type of card. It has a nice ice shield, but I think to me this card isn't very good. Especially for a three-orbed card. Maybe someone has found a use for it and if so please share

This card is actually very useful in certain situations. As you might know, creatures do not attack your base if the previous wave is still alive in PvE. By using Lost Banestone's ability, you can permanently paralyze a unit, as long as the building isn't destroyed. You're able to paralyze a wave of enemies, which will not cause any more to attack your base, making it easier on you.

This video shows you Lost Banestone in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebNr3BFd2E8 (7:05)
Treim and Pritstift used Nomads *Green* instead of Banestone to make sure no more waves spawn, by keeping the first wave alive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g52hVdIKqq4 You can see that not only Lost Banestone can achieve this.

I have personally never used this card, nor seen anyone having this in his PvP deck, except on @Hirooo 's Lost Souls PvP stream, he didnt use/play the card itself in any matches though. Perhaps he can share his thoughts on why he thought it would be/was a good addition to his PvP deck and his thought process behind that :)

Edited by Ultrakool

As mentioned this card has a very particular niche, but besides that it is just a bad card. At T3 you can get Church of Negation which is basically just as easy to get as Lost Banestone.
Unless you know what you are doing, it just requires so much micro for so little gain.

Sure, the ice shield buff is nice, but there are other cards that do the same. 

Btw. I know it's against the rules, but I do have something to say for Tortugun. During the weekend I was on holidays, so I hope an exception could me made this time :3 Mod maybe a mod mind and rearrange this following text so it is displayed after Chimeras post? ^^

I was among the very few who played this card very extensively in Battlegrounds and PvE and agree with completely agree Chimerae. That card is obviously not for everybody, but so is playing pure Bandits.
It's my favourite card and a key card in T4 that is used with Unholy Hero to nuke everything from a distance. There are many ways to fix the Amok, one great way is offering it, another one would be to summon multiple Tortuguns and let them eat themselves.

A full HP Tortugun will restore the Amok bar almost back to 100%. IIRC some people also used Motivate to sacrifice it.
Another imporatnt thing to concern is that once it becomes hungry, it will only start hunting for units when it has finished the last order. 
If you order it to stop, it will stay there forever and won't eat anything. If you order it to go to the other side of the map, it will do so without eating your units etc.

You see, there are a lot of fun possibilities to play around with this card. Sadly the devs "stealth nerfed" this card, as it used to be possible to sacrifice the ones affected by Amok, but they removed that when they nerfed a major void manipulation bug.
One more thing to remember is that you can just kill it manually with the "skull icon", for the most dire of situations.

If I were to change anything on the card, I would only let it start with 100% of its hunger bar (rather than 50%) and let the restored hunger always be the amount of max health rather than current health. This way, a Bandit player would have another "elegant" way to get rid of badly damaged units and make this unit as well as Bandit T4 in general a tad easier to use.

As mentioned this card has a very particular niche, but besides that it is just a bad card. At T3 you can get Church of Negation which is basically just as easy to get as Lost Banestone.
Unless you know what you are doing, it just requires so much micro for so little gain.

Sure, the ice shield buff is nice, but there are other cards that do the same. 

Btw. I know it's against the rules, but I do have something to say for Tortugun. During the weekend I was on holidays, so I hope an exception could me made this time :3 Mod maybe a mod mind and rearrange this following text so it is displayed after Chimeras post? ^^

I was among the very few who played this card very extensively in Battlegrounds and PvE and agree with completely agree Chimerae. That card is obviously not for everybody, but so is playing pure Bandits.
It's my favourite card and a key card in T4 that is used with Unholy Hero to nuke everything from a distance. There are many ways to fix the Amok, one great way is offering it, another one would be to summon multiple Tortuguns and let them eat themselves.

A full HP Tortugun will restore the Amok bar almost back to 100%. IIRC some people also used Motivate to sacrifice it.
Another imporatnt thing to concern is that once it becomes hungry, it will only start hunting for units when it has finished the last order. 
If you order it to stop, it will stay there forever and won't eat anything. If you order it to go to the other side of the map, it will do so without eating your units etc.

You see, there are a lot of fun possibilities to play around with this card. Sadly the devs "stealth nerfed" this card, as it used to be possible to sacrifice the ones affected by Amok, but they removed that when they nerfed a major void manipulation bug.
One more thing to remember is that you can just kill it manually with the "skull icon", for the most dire of situations.

If I were to change anything on the card, I would only let it start with 100% of its hunger bar (rather than 50%) and let the restored hunger always be the amount of max health rather than current health. This way, a Bandit player would have another "elegant" way to get rid of badly damaged units and make this unit as well as Bandit T4 in general a tad easier to use.

You are perfectly fine, and thanks for the input on Tortugun

Lost Banestone is a very situational card. In most cases it is easier to stop incommings with motk, as often times you will face bigger incommings with multiple ranged units. With motk you need to kill less units to keep your defense alive, making it more efficient overall. The Problem of Lost Banestone is that there are a lot of other cards/ card combinations that does its job easier/better/ more efficient.

Even at t1 there every faction is able to put up such a defense( more or less efficient). With more tiers the amount of possibilities gets obviously higher and the efficiency better.

For example Ice Barrier+ warden's sigil or Ice Barrier + Skyelf Templar(+ other skyelf cards if necassery) against pretty strong attacks. Only deficite most of those defenses have is that they need multiple slots.

Lost Banestone is a good alternative if:

• You have a slot problem + you are unable to solve the problem with cards from your existing deck + you are unable to use Mark of the Keeper( for exampel cause the incoming is mainly composed of melee units or you dont use a nature orb)

Obviously you also need to be able to fullfil the orb restrictions of Lost Banestone.

Edited by Treim

I think its quite powerful, but useless because of the other options @Treim just said. And definitely not useful for PvP.

*off topic:

Even at t1 there every faction is able to put up such a defense( more or less efficient). With more tiers the amount of possibilities gets obviously higher and the efficiency better.

I am just curious: can you tell a few for nature and fire too? (maybe in another thread or PM me, to stay on topic)

I have personally never used this card, nor seen anyone having this in his PvP deck, except on @Hirooo 's Lost Souls PvP stream, he didnt use/play the card itself in any matches though. Perhaps he can share his thoughts on why he thought it would be/was a good addition to his PvP deck and his thought process behind that :)

Lost Banestone was pretty much useless for PvP.

If you go for defensive structures you play CoN since it can actually defend more than one unit.

You could suicide units effected by the ability so there was no special upside here.

Lost buildings in general have some use.

At t3 Lost Disruptor was an interesting card. You can stop any ongoing shrineffects.

Not so much use for 1n1 as long as you were not building purely against pure Nature. But especially in 3n3 where SoW was pretty much meta the card became important.

I tried around with playing Lost Converter. 55 energy is cheap for static defense in tier 2. 15/25 seconds freeze works for t2 and t3 perfectly fine.

Problem is you wont have the corpses most of the time. Timeless one was way better than any cultist master route and while it was cheap most maps are fortunately build to offer multiple attack paths.

If we ever get to see a timeless one nerf and s/f really goes cultist master maybe with FoF the Lost Converter might just become viable.

Primal-Defender.thumb.jpg.2af6ca093d7ba1

Very good starting card with, and very cheap as far as power costs are for nature. I found myself using this on every nature deck I made. The skywatch skill is very useful for those pesky flying units and the health is pretty nice for only being 60 power t1 card.

PvP:

Useful against Shadow T1 - Primal Defender was your only hope against Phasetowerspam, especially on Whazai. It's a strong T1 turret with decent stats, but aside from that not the best card because in PvP people can just abuse bound power, especially in the early game (attack at a different position/take a power well advantage). Wasn't very popular for this reason.

PvE:

Overall a strong T1 turret. Stranglehold was superior against ground units, but couldn't attack air units, which was required on some maps (Mo or Nightmare Shard solo runs for example).  

Rogan-Kayle_promo.thumb.jpg.0fff30f3ef50

Hey look! A card to talk about!

I think this guy is good in both PVP and PVE, although being 90 power, he still has decent stats, coming in with a good passive and active. Making no enemy units attack is very good, especially in PVP when on the attack or defensive and the nice attack buff to your units is pretty good.

Rogan-Kayle_promo.thumb.jpg.0fff30f3ef50

Hey look! A card to talk about!

I think this guy is good in both PVP and PVE, although being 90 power, he still has decent stats, coming in with a good passive and active. Making no enemy units attack is very good, especially in PVP when on the attack or defensive and the nice attack buff to your units is pretty good.

Hated that card just because the cards 'inspiration' from the campaign was crying all day long, cant make a good card out of such a sissy.

Looks like a very manly man but then again very scared. I feel like he's a frost kind of guy due to his picture therefor he'll never have a place in my deck :kappa:

Yeah, Rogan always hung around the lyrish guys. He looked more confident on his non-promo picture:

Rogan.thumb.jpg.77817a05485fddd38318cf6d

That haircut tho !

I dunno... which deck really benefits from this card? Sure a T2 M/M never hurts but he is just too expensive for what he does imo.

With exceptions of Bandits T2, all factions already got some kind of CC... which is why I tested him in a Bandit deck. However, he just cannot return his investment. He just does not seem to have good synergy with any good card I am familiar with.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic