Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

You really need to stop thinking about ability costs in PVE for anything > t3. It is irrelevant as you will most likely have void manipulation anyways. Any fire splashes or splashes with 2x shadow wont have any problems with those. Also you should stop thinking about how a card would act ALONE but rather in what kind of combination with other cards it would be usefull!

NO card is good played completely alone( yes not even LSS). I personally never liked the worms in Battleforge so i am kinda inexperienced with those.

The argument about the low HP and weak defensive stats overall however is kinda irrelevant as you have plenty of ways to keep fireworm alive. You can play with a nature splash to get healing or frost for some shields. Shadow offers great crowd control and extra damage. And if you really wanna go play it in pure fire you got some of the best tank units and unity to protect your worms. And on top of that you can use moon after a fight to heal your units pretty decently if necassery( i truely love that card in pure fire decks, obviously you need to keep her out of the fight)

Rageflame_fire.thumb.jpg.334d64f0d4e3fcdRagefame_frost.thumb.jpg.5bc5e270c26b331

Hey, we haven't had a stonekin as far as I know, so here is one!

This guy is great when pilled up together with his friends, I mean the DPS could turn out insane! For both PVE and PVP given the circumstances this card could be a nice game-changer maybe. 

I used to enjoy him mainly because of how cheap he is.

and Also that he has a powerful impact on the game aswell.

so i found him white usefull but i wouldnt go stonekin just for this card though (probably because i never really liked frost.)

Edited by Egard3

Magma-Hurler.thumb.jpg.fe8a695cebd7ec932

This card is very good, considering everyone starts out with it. It has nice dps and the cost for energy is pretty cheap. Personally though I prefer Aggressor, in the sense that it is two orbs and has more health and takes less damage from its Adadmant skin, and when it dies (depending on which version you have) can heal or give an ice sheild. So my personal belief is Aggressor is better than this card, but what do you guys think?

can we talk about this one today?

f93362c57f3519394f906869e8edb2fa.png

i have actually never seen this thing used, but it sounds kind of strong? what do you think?

I saw this card used in a semi-pro PvP once. Can't really say much about it though. Power bound is really high, so you would need to protect it well, and have enough summons from the temple that makes it worth it.

I have never used this card myself, but you can see it in action here (around 6.40)

It look like a very decent option, but you cannot use the ability as long as there are pest creepers alive. You do bind 120 power, but the power cost from units summoned from it will immediately go to void, and 100% of that!

You do bind 120 power, but the power cost from units summoned from it will immediately go to void, and 100% of that!

Are you saying that this temple creates power in the form of free bound power that gets added to the void power? I would have thoughts creatures summoned from the temple would have no bound and therefore no void power...

Are you saying that this temple creates power in the form of free bound power that gets added to the void power? I would have thoughts creatures summoned from the temple would have no bound and therefore no void power...

Ability costs goes to Viod too as i know. 90% of the costs, unless its a switch ability which returns in 100% to the void.

In PVP it seemed like one of those cards that can only be used if you already won the game. Imagine being pure nature, building that thing, then using the ability and waiting for the power to flow back. In the meanwhile you might have lost the game. And in late T2 it's easier to just spam DOs, burrowers or whatever. So: too expensive for early T2 and too weak for late T2.

Yup, too expensive and needs a lot time to get back the power spent on it ( spawning ~6 times the little creeps ). Having a 120 cost T2 building just to have a little s/s creeps for + 80 powers is a waste. Could replace it with cheaper and even stronger card from T2.

I tried this card a few times in 2v2 pvp and it isnt so bad actually, you can make an insect army and swarm the enemy one wave killed? no problem here comes another one.

Also if i remember well the energy cost of summoning the buggs was 0(please correct me if i am wrong) which is quite efficient.

Edited by kestas3

I tried this card a few times in 2v2 pvp and it isnt so bad actually, you can make an insect army and swarm the enemy one wave killed? no problem here comes another one.

Also if i remember well the energy cost of summoning the buggs was 0(please correct me if i am wrong) which is quite efficient.

energy cost was 80 power to summon 100 power worth of units.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic