Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Energy Parasite is definitely not a reason to go pure nature in PvE. As far as I know, this card can be very useful in PvP if used properly. It's pretty much never used for his stats but rather for his ability to suck power out of a power well. Energy Parasite dies with 2 hits of a Stormsinger or 2 hits of a Gladiatrix (Upgrade III).

I used this card in 2v2 pvp and it was quite fun. In a map like fyre, you can place the energy parasites on a cliff(not sure if it was cliff, well it was water and rocks you could say) where only spells like eruption will reach them. if you managed to get 4 energy parasites that couldve been a game changer. however spawning them is situational depending in the position your well/orb is established.

Slaver_shadow.thumb.jpg.b1a6b3d049535842Slaver_fire.thumb.jpg.47db3fa237af2bf0ec

First off I am going to say, I love this card! One of my favorite T2 cards by far! Anyways, the stats are pretty good for T2 but the real effect comes from when it dies, you can mess up so much stuff with this early game whether on PVP or PVE. What do you guys think? Also which affinity you think is the best, because I am going with the red one

Never used this card personally, but as a medium unit used to counter large units I'd use Moon over this guy. I find his stats quite underwhelming for a 80 power unit. His death triggered ability is easily avoidable, but probably quite useful in PvE (AoE2 petard style :))

I never liked the Twilight faction, so I never tried this guy. I do think however that the transform-mechanism should be buffed, the idea is so awesome. This unit was one of the most used Twilight ones, and it looks relatively good ;-) A pain in PvE though, damnit..

the stats are pretty good for T2

What ? The stats would be okay if it was swift, ranged and armored, but it's slow, melee and vulnerable (compare it to knight of chaos or maulers stats). It's one of the weakest T2 units really. One where you could easily buff the transformation ability without having to worry that the card would become OP.

What ? The stats would be okay if it was swift, ranged and armored, but it's slow, melee and vulnerable (compare it to knight of chaos or maulers stats). It's one of the weakest T2 units really. One where you could easily buff the transformation ability without having to worry that the card would become OP.

Guess it could be some favoritism in this card due to the fact I used it a lot because of the blowout feature

One of the worst cards in this game. The ability is not that awful, but the stats ... oh boy ... even Northguards do have a better stat efficency than this one. I don't see alot of potential for this card in PvE, maybe it can be useful under certain circumstances, but please do not use this in PvP. Slaver is just bad, no room for discussion.

Bad stats no utility useless

On the other hand a cardgame (or cardbased game) needs those "bad" cards to keep the uniqueness in a stable way. In order to keep every card competetive u either uave to equal all stats or give every single card some kind of situational / unique kind of card design wich is really hard to do considering how complex the game already was.

Bad stats no utility useless

On the other hand a cardgame (or cardbased game) needs those "bad" cards to keep the uniqueness in a stable way. In order to keep every card competetive u either uave to equal all stats or give every single card some kind of situational / unique kind of card design wich is really hard to do considering how complex the game already was.

I agree, tbh i didn't even know the ability of this card, had to look it up, 80 power for slaver, and a worse eruption, which you will most likely never be able to pull of in PVP. There are two scenarios in PVP where this will come into play.

1) Slaver dies first/early relative to rest of army, the slaver would have to be situated in the middle of the enemy army for maximum effect, this can be evaded with proper micromanagement(kiting), and then your slaver dies for free because its a melee unit, and you have a chance for eruption to hit something( very small chance)

2) Slaver dies late relative to rest of army, there you would have lost the fight anyway, and your opponents can retreat to heal up.

Both of situations Slaver didn't do enough for its 80 powercost, so in PVP at least, this card would be very hard, if not impossible to get the effect you paid for it.

Edited by Ultrakool

Is it worth to spawn a few to just nuke a building, like an orb or something? How many are needed to destroy an orb or a powerwell?

The red aff deals 300 damage, up to 450 total on death. If you send them to a power well, and say each one will deal 200 damage to the well on death. If you are able to send 3 of those you will be using 240 power, and you will need to make them walk to the power well. They will probably be already at half health before they reach it (if they even reach it against frost or nature decks). I don't see these units working in pvp. I mean compare them to nightcrawler: almost the same stats for only 60 power, AND an extremely good frenzy ability.

Is it worth to spawn a few to just nuke a building, like an orb or something? How many are needed to destroy an orb or a powerwell?

It's not really worth it. The amount necessary to destroy an orb or a powerwell depends on what affinity slaver you have. The fire affinity does 300 damage, 450 in total. The shadow affinity does 270 damage, 350 in total (it does less damage but knocks back small units). Orbs have 3.000 health and power wells have 2.000 health.

• Fire affinity:
    • Power well: 2000/300~7 slavers (80*7=560 power to destroy 1 power well)
    • Orb: 3000/300=10 slavers (80*10=800 power to destroy 1 orb)
  • Shadow affinity:
    • Power well: 2000/270~8 slavers (80*8=640 power to destroy 1 power well)
    • Orb: 3000/270~12 slavers (80*12=960 power to destroy 1 orb)

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic