Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

This topic will be related to discussing a card everyday (except when my real-life interveins), and (Saturday/Sunday). Here are the guide-lines to keep this discussion under control:

The discussion must remain on topic with the card that will be presented to discuss. 

The card that can be discussed can be any card (yes, that means Easter Egg)

Have fun while discussing, I hope this can turn into a lively chat about what we think about cards!

This Discussion  can also help newer players determine which cards are good and which are pretty damn useless

Without further a do here's the first card to discuss about, let's start with something everyone knows and loves, the famous Juggernaut!

Please keep a reminder that sometimes I may not be able to post everyday, If I will not be posting for some time (1 week or more) I will let you know in the Status Feed. (This includes every Sunday)

Juggernaut-0.thumb.jpg.5eafa625b3b6c398d

To me, it seems that Juggernaut is a very praised card, with it's early offensive stats in PVE, and in some cases PVP. Due to the fact that the Stampede can break through any building instantly, which means RIP in pepperonis walls. Also considering the stat line for this card is very well for the amount of energy it costs to summon on the battle-field. And come on, it even has a promo for crying out loud, making it even more epic. I think Juggernaut is definitely a worthy card to put into any fire deck to the amount of value you will gain from this card. 

Now onto you guys, what do you think of Juggernaut!?

Official Index of Previously Discussed and Covered Cards

All Cards listed are in order of the discussion

Juggernaut

Corpse Explosion

Winter Witch

Rioter's Retreat

Energy Parasite

Slaver

Lost Warlord

Ice Shield Tower

Fire Worm

Rageflame

Magma Hurler

Sunken Temple

Curse Well and Curse Orb

Timeshifter Spirit

Tortugun

Unstable Demon

Skyelf Commander

Lost Banestone

Primal Defender

Rogan Kayle

Lost Grigori

Lord Cyrian

Giant Slayer

Waystation

Amii Phantom

Stone Shell

Shield Building

Soulshatter

Grim Bahir

Wrecker

Nasty Surprise

Twilight Warfare

Brannoc

Lost Vigil

Treefiend

Executor

Backlash

Voidstorm

Moon

Core Dredge

Knight of Chaos

Abyssal Warder

The 4 Elemental Crystals

Warrior's Death

Unity

Gemeye

Manawing

The Incredible Mo

Crystal Fiend

Lost Reaver

Altar of Chaos

Sunderer

Stonekin Warrior

Abomonation

Architect's Call

Santa Claus

Homesoil

Wrathblades

Shaman

Nomad

Jorne

Lost Wanderer

Deathglider

Werebeasts

Fire Dancer

Phalanx

Sky Defender

Razorshard

Spearmen

Thunder Wagon

Lost Priest

Parasite Swarm

Northguards

Twilight Curse

Wintertide

Enforcer

Bandit Sorceress

Deepcoil Worm

Kobold Inc.

Amii Monument

Void Maw

Deepfang

Warlock

Twilight Creeper

Windhunter

Northen Keep

Evocator's Woe

Spikeroot

Bloodthirst

Dying Breed

White Rangers

Frost Mage

Mark of the Keeper

Virtuoso

Gunner

Stone Hurler

Infect

Thugs

Mumbo Jumbo and Vileblood

Protector's Seal

Curse of Oink

Twilight Bombard

Rageclaws

Bandit Lancer

Global Warming

Nightcrawler

Mountain Rowdy

Aggressor

Satanael

Northstar

Harvester

Mutating Maniac

Coldsnap

Sandstorm

Fallen Skyelf

Mauler

Moloch

Hatecaster

Lost Spirit Ship

Fathom Lord

Shadow Insect

Parasite

Necrofury

Amazon

Corsair

Befallen's Curse

Glaciation

Lost Evocation

Firesworn

Skycatcher

Tempest

Hammerfall

Ripper

Banner of Glory

Windweavers

Bandit Spearmen

Gladiatrix

Wallbreaker

Enlightenment

Morklay Trap

Ice Guardian

Kobold Laboratory

Stone Shards

Bandit Spearmen

Gladiatrix

Wallbreaker

Enlightenment

Morklay Trap

Offering

Dryad

Twilight Minions

Icefang Raptor

Shrine of Martyrs

Ironclad

Lava Field

Root Nexus

Wrathgazer

Artillery

Scythe Fiends

Lost Dancer

Retreating Circle

Creeping Paralysis

Spirit Hunters

Edited by Loptous

Juggernaut.... hmm, It's not shadow so it's kind of bad.

Back to topic, I find him kind of power cheap if you keep his strength in mind.

Indeed a very strong power creap in the mid-game, can definitely turn fights around due to the XL factor, now moving to another topic about the card, the artwork is kind meh to me.

Edited by Loptous

Juggernaut is pretty cheap for what it is, it costs only 220 power. However, I don't it's worth it to go pure fire (3 fire orbs) just for this card. You remove a whole lot of other good cards by going with 3 fire orbs... I don't think there is a card that can't do what Juggernaut does. I think the fact that it is 3 fire orbs prevents it from being an unbalanced card. Might be wrong though.

The Juggernaut promo card looks a whole lot better than the normal juggernaut in my opinion. That might just be because it's a 'promo'.

It's a great base nuking card in PvP combined with disenchant. The 'low' power cost of 220 is justified since this thing is close to useless without disenchant, making it in fact a 300 power unit. For PvE you probably don't need that so it is a very solid siege unit there as well.

Juggernaut.... hmm, It's not shadow so it's kind of bad.

Great point right there

corpseexplosion.thumb.jpg.7c0f74f3af15c2

Let's talk about corpse explosion for today! Now umm, what to say about this card... The art is pretty decent... I guess it's pretty useful if you have XL dead bodies or a bunch of S bodies on the ground... I wouldn't really know how this card would work in PVP, so please people enlighten me

A little trick if you have way too many power in sparring grounds:

Bring in harvester > move it to enemy power well / orb cluster > nasty harvy > enable embalmer's > double corpse explosion > gg

Im quite sure before you get such ammounts of energy your enemy will shut you down.

In order to execute your combo you will need a total ammount of 590 energy. with that ammount of energy your oponent can go t3 and summon an xl unit like juggernaut or mo who will destroy your base in a matter of seconds even before you can succeed with your combo.

Edited by kestas3

Im quite sure before you get such ammounts of energy your enemy will shut you down.

In order to execute your combo you will need a total ammount of 590 energy. with that ammount of energy your oponent can go t3 and summon an xl unit like juggernaut or mo who will destroy your base in a matter of seconds even before you can succeed with your combo.

That is why I said in sparring grounds. When you are just having fun and not intend to win as efficient as possible

That is why I said in sparring grounds. When you are just having fun and not intend to win as efficient as possible

i guess sparing is ok but i think this is better for 2v2 where a teammate can cover you meanwhile your gathering energy for that harvy combo

I really liked corpse explosion in combination with army of the undead and embalmers shrine for rPVE. It was a pretty fun sstrategy running in the t3 base with darkelf assassins or sth similar, letting it die, using embalmers shrine active and then army of the undead, after those died you used a corpse explosion and respawn your army of the undead again. Embalmers shrine is always active ofc.

I think that card is kinda underrated in PVE. Nobody really played it as people would much rather use harvester or shadow phoenix, which is fine, but kinda boring :)

Winter_Witch-0.thumb.jpg.a6d033dea0556d7

I am sure you remember this card. You've probably seen this card so much from boosters that you put them all on the auction to sell them. To me this card is so bad, that it makes global warming look like a masterpiece. The low health stat line can easily be nuked from the slightest hit, and the shield she gives isn't even that great... Your better off putting on Ice Guardians instead of this garbage.

What do you guys think?

Winter Witch can actually be pretty good if used correctly. Put two of them next to each other and activate the abilities in an interval of 1.5 seconds. 3 Constructs in front of them and these things will get a 850 hp ice shield EVERY 1.5 seconds. Not useless at all.

As @chimerae said winter witches are usefull with constructs. it was a fun combo in pve. but dont rely on their ability usefulness only. they are also awesome to freeze enemy xl units which gives you contructs the time to anihalate the xl before he can even react. Not only the freze is good but it is also cost efficient, which means that you can freeze an xl without spending energy and shatter ice him, however the disadvatage is that the freeze is single targeted but if you get 4 winter witches freeing enemies(they will neeed cover ofc) u can destroy an xl army quite fast.

56262df6b01b5_Rioters-Retreat_nature.thu56262e026e83f_Rioters-Retreat_frost.thum

Let's talk about Rioter's Retreat for today.

Anyhow, I think the green affinity is much more better than the blue affinity because of the heal buff that comes with it. The blue only has a 25% mitigation which is fine and all but at that rate you'd rather go for a 70 hp over time heal buff in my opinion.

What do you guys think? 

This is the ultimate T2 bandits defense card, combined with commandos. The green version makes your commandos heal indefinately. Excelent card to use in rpve 9 and 10 to defend your T2 base as you build up power

Edited by Chimerae

Energy-Parasite.thumb.jpg.ee581bdf5f2aa3

Well look who's here, old energy parasite... I don't know much about this one, because I have never seen it in PVP or PVE so what do you guys think about this one. I've read some of it and what I get from it is that it would be completely useless on PVE because, it drains energy from power wells

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic