Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Loptous

Overpricing Good Cards

17 minutes ago, kkrriiss said:

so il buy dev cards

With dev cards you mean the cards put in the marketplace by staff members?

17 minutes ago, kkrriiss said:

im thinking il have all cards in one and half or 2 months so this isnt problem for me.

How come you think 1.5 / 2 months? You don't know how much BFP you will be getting, what the rewards will be, what the booster ratios will be, what the card prices will be... How can you estimate?

4 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

How come you think 1.5 / 2 months? You don't know how much BFP you will be getting, what the rewards will be, what the booster ratios will be, what the card prices will be... How can you estimate?

Some people have future sight... This guy a is magician. 

11 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

With dev cards you mean the cards put in the marketplace by staff members?

well from curent info, if we know how good each pack is and we definitly do, and that prob wont change. then we estimate that average player can open least one such pack a day, and lets say it takes

1 to 3 hours to do it witch is reasonble.now lets say that i cont play bf 4/5 hours a day coz i need to provide to,and that i sleep about 6 hours and eat 1 hour, then would it be resonble to say im on computer more then 12 hours then would it be hard to say i can make least 3/4 packs a day.(il have prob 3 acc)now that my frends is no magic, it is no life. oh yea dont judge me everyone that has time will do it we all know it deep down.

7 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Some people have future sight... This guy a is magician. 

look on top

Edited by kkrriiss
well i forgot to say something

The problem is that nothing is permanently decided yet. So boosters could be way harder/easier to get than you now think. Drop rates may change. BFP gain may change. You can't just make such a call that it would take you 1,5/2 months. 

Also, I think that even if you would do this, on multiple accounts playing 2 months, you would still miss like a few upgrades or charges for the super rare cards.

5 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

The problem is that nothing is permanently decided yet. So boosters could be way harder/easier to get than you now think. Drop rates may change. BFP gain may change. You can't just make such a call that it would take you 1,5/2 months. 

Also, I think that even if you would do this, on multiple accounts playing 2 months, you would still miss like a few upgrades or charges for the super rare cards.

ofc but i like to colect, try to make alot of frends to play this game or least give it a try and if we decide to go 2v2 ranked then i turn on farming mod for upgrades as i dont think i need thos for pve, unless i go super conpetitve and for that il least need alot as my deck has to be prefect and that abyssal will be hard to get with charges and all, i beleve it is ultra rare also there needs to be certen affinity i need on cards.definitly no small task.(oh right nature timeshifter one and parasite swarm also ultra rare it might set me back alot if i dont get lucky)

Edited by kkrriiss
miss named one card

14 hours ago, kkrriiss said:

(il have prob 3 acc)

If you have 3 accounts you will probably get banned. Well, not probably, you will get banned.

5 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

If you have 3 accounts you will probably get banned. Well, not probably, you will get banned.

7 hours ago, kkrriiss said:

then i turn on farming mod for upgrades 

A farming mod or farming bot doesnt sound that legal too xD You might wanna 'lower your voice' a bit if you plan on doing stupid things xD

1 hour ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

A farming mod or farming bot doesnt sound that legal too xD You might wanna 'lower your voice' a bit if you plan on doing stupid things xD

i wasnt thinking of farming bot i preaty much ment farming mood, i wouldnt be so stupid to say that id use farming bot, and the thing with using more then one account is common knowledge

so that one was calculated to prove my point.

6 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

i dont need 3 accounts for forums even tho im hyped i didnt do preparation for 4 months or even more then half year ahead. that beang sad i have 2 internets laptop and i go in caffe bar so such thing doesnt bother me i have guest internet and my own coz there is like 15 peaople in my house during summer,(to bad my father is cheap so i have to earn everything my self)

lol i remember the days when i kept buying for 2bfp that card and hoping to get a shaman or frost mage in it to put it in the auction to sell it for 150+bfp, when i got my 1st shaman from 2bfp "booster" i put it in the market and sold it, then started to watch prices for aggressors and gem eyes and buy when cheapest and sell when highest. it was amazing, playing the game and trying to win some cash on the market i loved every second of it. community was nice, there were no leavers, no scammers no rage players, no insults and everygames was more interesting then previus. I cant wait to play it again... Keep it up devs! and hello to our croatian dev! Pozdrav iz svete nedelje :)

I know this topic is quite old now but it's still in the top 5 on this section and I'm new here, so forgive me if the whole thing has been decided elsewhere.

I don't remember any issues with the AH market (though 3 years is a long time for an old brain), yes sometimes prices did get super high for certain cards, or people tried to manipulate them (I particularly remember that happening with Shaman at some point), but that's how a market works. If someone puts the time and BFP into buying up the entire supply to flip the price, AND people are then still willing to pay the new, higher price, then the person manipulating it deserves the profit.

The market in this game is almost pure supply vs demand, so if you don't like the price then don't pay it, and it'll come down again. You can buy from chat in the meantime if you really want the card. There were plenty of times I went to buy cards and thought "I've seen that way cheaper" so not bought it, and a week or so later the price came down again. Putting a cap on prices is either going to be a waste of time for the dev team (if those caps won't be reached) or problematic in the long term (if inflation makes the true value of the cards change over time) and personally I see it as unneccesary babysitting of the community; time that would be far better spent elsewhere.

To answer the topic.

Auction House is a huge features of a game. It make the community control the value of gold and card. Through Meta and Trending.
It has very high variance.

It's sometimes feel unhealthy of everything being high priced for a beginner because a rich trader buying all the auction house. BUT if the beginner can buy good card at the same price of bad card.
I wouldn't call it pay to win, but rather progression. It need a feel of progression power.

I was a huge trader on Diablo and World Of Warcraft. And it's really risky, buying item worth 60 gold, and replacing them at 600 gold. Sometimes you just loose.
Very high variance, sometimes you loose high, sometimes you gain high.

But this behaviour can still be treated as a problem. This is why, game have a maximum gold value on auction house. (In Diablo3, the maximum was 2B so 2.000.000.000 gold, that unrealistic for battleforge). But maximum gold value, is sometimes just unpleaseant to implement, when you often face it (not like diablo3).

There is a other huge factor, Tax. When you want to sell something on the auction house, you must pay 25% (it's often this number) of the price you put. The tax strengthen also community, because the community don't want to pay the tax, so they rather try to go social, and spam the chat about their item and that fine.

There is also a maximum time where you item can stay on the auction house, to make the tax again more painful when you are going to hard on the price. (Usually 12h/24h/48h)

I hope that give a lot of insight to people on the auction house. Sorry if my english is bad, i try my best :)

On 1/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, TheSilverlost said:

To answer the topic.

Auction House is a huge features of a game. It make the community control the value of gold and card. Through Meta and Trending.
It has very high variance.

It's sometimes feel unhealthy of everything being high priced for a beginner because a rich trader buying all the auction house. BUT if the beginner can buy good card at the same price of bad card.
I wouldn't call it pay to win, but rather progression. It need a feel of progression power.

I was a huge trader on Diablo and World Of Warcraft. And it's really risky, buying item worth 60 gold, and replacing them at 600 gold. Sometimes you just loose.
Very high variance, sometimes you loose high, sometimes you gain high.

But this behaviour can still be treated as a problem. This is why, game have a maximum gold value on auction house. (In Diablo3, the maximum was 2B so 2.000.000.000 gold, that unrealistic for battleforge). But maximum gold value, is sometimes just unpleaseant to implement, when you often face it (not like diablo3).

There is a other huge factor, Tax. When you want to sell something on the auction house, you must pay 25% (it's often this number) of the price you put. The tax strengthen also community, because the community don't want to pay the tax, so they rather try to go social, and spam the chat about their item and that fine.

There is also a maximum time where you item can stay on the auction house, to make the tax again more painful when you are going to hard on the price. (Usually 12h/24h/48h)

I hope that give a lot of insight to people on the auction house. Sorry if my english is bad, i try my best :)

There is no tax in BF other than the price of gold you pay to create an auction :) 

1 hour ago, Ultrakool said:

There is no tax in BF other than the price of gold you pay to create an auction :) 

That is the tax, I think. Gold was always in abundance in the old bf, if I remember right. But this time around, especially in the beginning, everyone will need all the gold they have. So they rather just trade cards than action them which costs gold.

On 26.05.2016 at 2:50 PM, Crosego said:

lol i remember the days when i kept buying for 2bfp that card and hoping to get a shaman or frost mage in it to put it in the auction to sell it for 150+bfp, when i got my 1st shaman from 2bfp "booster" i put it in the market and sold it, then started to watch prices for aggressors and gem eyes and buy when cheapest and sell when highest. it was amazing, playing the game and trying to win some cash on the market i loved every second of it. community was nice, there were no leavers, no scammers no rage players, no insults and everygames was more interesting then previus. I cant wait to play it again... Keep it up devs! and hello to our croatian dev! Pozdrav iz svete nedelje :)

So much this, let the economy be free no restrictions or artifical mechanisms.