Which Faction to choose for PvE.

Shotty

Most of PvE maps (scenario) are passable by stonekins and Frost/Nature decks, but maybe they are too slow for rPvE. For rPvE I prefered Lostsouls and Frost/Shadow deck (look up to treim's deck for rPvE). LS are good at PvE maps too.

I as remembered I made some special decks for some PvE maps also for each place 1-4 on it. Also I remember that I made an 10th-hard rPvE deck. There were some weird combos and cards synergies. I can't remember which cards I used, but I remember it was 100% hodgepodge. Maybe like that :frostorb::natureorb::natureorb::fireorb:, and of,course there is Enlightenment.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of PvE maps (scenario) are passable by stonekins and Frost/Nature decks, but maybe they are too slow for rPvE. For rPvE I prefered Lostsouls and Frost/Shadow deck (look up to treim's deck for rPvE). LS are good at PvE maps too.

I as remembered I made some special decks for some PvE maps also for each place 1-4 on it. Also I remember that I made an 10th-hard rPvE deck. There were some weird combos and cards synergies. I can't remember which cards I used, but I remember it was 100% hodgepodge. Maybe like that :frostorb::natureorb::natureorb::fireorb:, and of,course there is Enlightenment.

I played Battlegrounds a lot, and I can approve of this comment

One of special 

Frost-Mage,Imperials,Defense-Tower,Stranglehold_shadow,Shaman,Razorshard_fire,Aggressor_frost,Curse-of-Oink,Creeping-Paralysis,Cannon-Tower,Juice-Tank,Thornbark,Hammerfall_nature,Deepgorge_frost,Giant-Wyrm,Construct,Regrowth

making a screenshot would be cool.. snipping tool does the job, then just upload it and post the link in here .. 

much easier to judge and rebuild it then. :)

making a screenshot would be cool.. snipping tool does the job, then just upload it and post the link in here .. 

much easier to judge and rebuild it then. :)

I agree with this. Since not everyone will know on which site you have to copypaste this in order to see the decklist itself. Just edit it in.

You can finish every Scenario with every Faction. Its harder with some , but its possible. I was never a huge rPvE player , but most of the time I went : Shadow , Frost , Nature, Nature.  Worked out really well even though it wasnt the best deck^^

• 1 month later...

@Shotty

As a player who had his main deck in Bandits in all game modes, I feel your description does not do them justice.

You boil Bandit units down to having lifesteal, but that is only half the truth. In a normal 1 on 1 fight, the 15% lifesteal doesn't do a hell lot,

When looking closely at Bandit units you can see that 90% Bandit units have at least one ability/skill that allows them to deal devastating damage. Another thing crucial to Bandits are buffs. With buffs that affect damage input or output, this is where lifesteal really comes to shine and makes units benefit much more than any other unit.

Therefore a mantra of Bandit is "maximation of damage output". And this also reflects in their T4 where they can just lay waste to everything and anything. Cluster Explosion + Soulshatter, Tortugun + Unholy Hero or crazily buffed Bloodhorns, backed up by a Shrine of War for almost instant void return.

They can have a very rough start at T2, but paradoxically they have hands down the best T2 defense: Commandos and Rioter's Retreat. The amount of damage they can absorb is just insane.

Also, Corsair sucks, please don't mention Corsair... Soulhunter on the other hand is a living nightmare.

My classification for Bandits into tiers is the following:

Bandit T1
Just as you said. But Bandits mostly benefits from Fire T1, Bandit cards like Warrior's Death on Sunderer or Bandit Sorceress on Mortars helps keeping those cards viable in T2.

Bandit T2
Extremely unforgiving in pvp but fun and insanely strong in defensive with Rioter's Retreat + Commandos. Overall T2 is not their strength, but they can get a reasonable range of good fire/shadow cards. In rPvE Lavafield + (Liveweaving) Shadow Phoenixes is the way to go, maybe one or two additional ground units.

Bandit T3
This is where it gets interesting. They get very good cards from the fire and shadow world and Bandit T3 cards are no joke. Soulhunter is a rampaging monster with lifesteal, while Bandit Lancers are of great utility with their branding (increased range, also counts for Shadow Phoenixes) and Gunners can kill structures easily. But it are the combination of fire and shadow spells that really give them the edge, as well as backing them up with Shrine of War. Don't forget, they retain their buffs from T1/2.

Bandit T4
If you can manage Tortugun, you have a mobile weapon of mass destruction (8400 ATK multiplied by 3 with Unholy Power) on your command... or multiples if you wish. Otherwise you can splash for Another fire or Shadow orb. Amok is a great CC, but some also prefer Frenetic Assault (but has shorter range). Bloodhorn is one of the best T4 XL/XL and a clear must have and with Artillery, you even get an amazing defensive building... with life steal! Offering also has great synergy with Tortugun and you can use it on Rifle Cultists too for even more T4 charges... oh and did I mention Cluster Explosion + Soulshatter?

All in all, Bandit is a "no risk no fun faction". When you know what you are doing, they have devastating potential, but the lack of "convenient" spells like healing or CC (at least in T1 and T2) makes them a no go for people who care more about macro management than micro management. So, Bandit is actually a finesse faction because you need to know when to utilize your units and abilities to achieve maximum carnage, but when you do... oh my god.

I have always used Stonekin & Lost Souls decks.
More to then end I've started using a LOT twilight, their transformation spells can be a good use sometimes.
There are some useless cards in it, but there are some good ones to!
I have used every element alrdy in all pve maps tho, but my decision stays at twilight/LS/stonekin/Frost now.
Mostly Twilight.

• 1 month later...

@Shotty

As a player who had his main deck in Bandits in all game modes, I feel your description does not do them justice.

Bandit T3
This is where it gets interesting. They get very good cards from the fire and shadow world and Bandit T3 cards are no joke. Soulhunter is a rampaging monster with lifesteal, while Bandit Lancers are of great utility with their branding (increased range, also counts for Shadow Phoenixes) and Gunners can kill structures easily. But it are the combination of fire and shadow spells that really give them the edge, as well as backing them up with Shrine of War. Don't forget, they retain their buffs from T1/2.

All in all, Bandit is a "no risk no fun faction". When you know what you are doing, they have devastating potential, but the lack of "convenient" spells like healing or CC (at least in T1 and T2) makes them a no go for people who care more about macro management than micro management. So, Bandit is actually a finesse faction because you need to know when to utilize your units and abilities to achieve maximum carnage, but when you do... oh my god.

Me as well using bandits for PVE and PVP in PvE I would use shadow T1 but in PvP I would use Fire T1 but yes i believe bandits are strong if you know how to use them but also they are harder to use them most decks but as mental omega said and I agree is that bandit is not just about the life steal because in the long run its not that game changing. but with spells it is game changing and I would have to say one thing about what omega said T3 is were i think the bandits shine the most and I think corsair is good in PvP if used right and dang fun in Pve but not that good and unholy power and Tortugun is just one of the best combos in the game. And that is why I feel in love with bandit and played the deck on all the PvE maps and i thought and found it not only fun but good to but i do not recommend it for newer skylords or first time sky lords.

If one of you would like to write a small part for bandits like for the other Factions , I´d post that piece of knowledge in the Opening post and credit you since Bandit probably was the Faction which I played the least of.
Btw , this counts for all Factions , if there is some really important stuff I am missing , feel free to comment , because I cant remember the uses of all cards in the Game from the top of my head when it has been years since I played.

Edited by Shotty

• 8 months later...

For PVE I go Nature,Frost,Nature,Nature.

Healing helps a lot and Frost is mainly for cc. I managed to complete all maps with this.

Also I started specific decks for each map, so I could finish 4player maps alone.

There must be some youtube guides left...

• 2 years later...
On 11/10/2015 at 8:01 AM, ImaginaryNumb3r said:

@Shotty

...Also, Corsair sucks, please don't mention Corsair... Soulhunter on the other hand is a living nightmare

All in all, Bandit is a "no risk no fun faction". When you know what you are doing, they have devastating potential, but the lack of "convenient" spells like healing or CC (at least in T1 and T2) makes them a no go for people who care more about macro management than micro management. So, Bandit is actually a finesse faction because you need to know when to utilize your units and abilities to achieve maximum carnage, but when you do... oh my god...

I know this is a really old thread at this point, but I feel like your "expertise" is spreading misinformation that needs to be corrected. Corsair may not be the Lost Spirit Ship, but it has its uses.

1) It's a third-tier flying unit which shoots air and ground independently, and the ground attack knocks small and medium units around with a decent splash radius.

2) It lets you summon Banditos on demand, 4 per ship, for 30 power each. Banditos who, I may add, get a 50% damage increase for every 3 friendly units nearby (including each other), up to 150%. That's roughly 1650 attack power, higher damage than fully upgraded frenzied nightcrawlers, as long as you have enough units to not see individual portraits.

2) The corsair gives off an aura increasing all friendly human units' damage by up to 50%. You know who counts as human? Banditos, Forsaken, Nomads, Bandit Lancers, Firedancers, and Rifle Cultists to name a few. This damage buff combines with other damage buffs; Banditos, for instance, get the 50% on that 1650 effective attack power, raising their attack to nearly 2500. It was already better than frenzied nightcrawlers; now it's better than Mutating Frenzies with 1 level of Deathwish. But it's even more interesting on units with special abilities, because it also affects those: red nomads can deal over 1000 damage with sky scare if a corsair is nearby. 

But as I said, Corsair is not Lost Spirit Ship. It isn't your end game. It's a support unit. It and the human units it buffs are relying on strong tanks who won't get pushed around by bosses and towers: units like Soulhunter and Bloodhorn. Bloodhorn is ideal as it's both an anti-XL card and an anti-building card with stampede, so you can send one to bulldoze key structures while others tank the big bads, and banditos can clean up the small stuff.

To be honest, I do have a few problems with the corsair, but I consider them bugs more than anything. They have a hard time finding space to drop units, because they try to drop all units in a large cluster directly underneath, rather than just putting them wherever they can like other summoners. And ... I know this might rapidly become too OP, but they are the only summoning card I know of to abide by unit limits. While most of them summon timed-life units, Satanael and Sunken Temple both summon permanent forces, and both ignore the limit. So if the team ever finds time to balance cards, I'd like to see some consistency here.

As for your generic statement that t2 is not strong for bandits, I'm not sure I can even see where you're coming from with this statement. Bandits in T2 can use Fire Stalker for siege and choose between: Windhunter, Shadow Phoenix, and Skyfire Drake for air power; Spearmen, Banditos, Nightcrawlers, or Rageclaws for infantry; Nightcrawlers, Scythe Fiends, or Stalkers for speed; and Sorceress, Commandos, Gladiatrix, or Darkelf Assassins for archers; and for defense, Rioter's Retreat + Commandos or Time Vortex + Sorceress are nearly strong enough for T4. All in all, bandits combine all the aggression of fire and shadow decks with an insanely good t2 defense, and a lot of bandit cards/strategies work as well in splash decks as themed ones.

Edited by ValturNaa
odd wording