Which Faction to choose for PvE.

Shotty

I think playing Frost is probably the easiest if you're a beginner as they have normal towers and simple units. I find shadow the hardest faction to play as they have a lot of active abilities and towers that work a bit indifferent (I remember how I didn't understand shit at the beginning and just destroyed them all the time) and therefor not very easy to play. This is just my opinion on it and could and probably is wrong.

Nature is easier then frost in my opinion if you are a beginner , considering the ability to heal , and also having very strong T1 and T4 units from the beginning.
I agree on Shadow beeing the hardest tho because of it beeing so unique , but I didnt mention that in the opening post , because every player should make a picture for themselves on which kind of deck to play. I started out playing Shadow/Nature because I liked the akward synergys in the Standard Cards.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nature is easier then frost in my opinion if you are a beginner , considering the ability to heal , and also having very strong T1 and T4 units from the beginning.I agree on Shadow beeing the hardest tho because of it beeing so unique , but I didnt mention that in the opening post , because every player should make a picture for themselves on which kind of deck to play. I started out playing Shadow/Nature because I liked the akward synergys in the Standard Cards.

I agree with you, natuture didnt have such a steep lurning curve as other elements because of its cc and heals, the only difficulty with nature is managing energy, however i think this applies more to pvp rather than pve.

I agree with you, natuture didnt have such a steep lurning curve as other elements because of its cc and heals, the only difficulty with nature is managing energy, however i think this applies more to pvp rather than pve.

Yes , Mana Management is a much huger concern in PvP then PvE espacilly on lower levels of Pve it basicly isnt a concern.

Frost by far is the most easiest to understand by any player. Due to the fact that majority of frost cards are very blunt when it comes to the card's abilities and such. It is also a very safe faction to play as due to the fact, that most frost cards are tanky.

Frost by far is the most easiest to understand by any player. Due to the fact that majority of frost cards are very blunt when it comes to the card's abilities and such. It is also a very safe faction to play as due to the fact, that most frost cards are tanky.

I still think mixed decks are better as more buffs and specialized units can be used

While I can agree to this , I still personally would prefere all noobs to play nature a lttile bit , the healing just helps you understand how much a little HP differnce can make , which in my opinion is an essentiel skill to pick up in Pve.
But the last 2 awnsers rather feell like they belong in a chat , they are 1 Line , and dont really fit into this topic. (Saying that xxx is good tho , does nothing other then maybe lead players into a Strong deck , which they might not enjoy.)

for PVE i used a long time a combo of

T1: Nature

T2: Stonekin

T3 Nature

T4: Nature, Lostsouls

only if heavy deff was needed i did go mor on frost but moste time starting with nature. was also kinda a card thing to get the good cards of other orbs and upgrade them. like later playing juce tank or con. hut suchthings. later after maybe 2 month i startet to get handy on shadow and fire

Edited by Asraiel

the most forgiving faction for PVE is definetly stonekin closely followed by nature. You got great cc with frost and nature, in addition to that the heal benefits of nature and on top the very resilient stonekin units( with their 15% damage reduction).

Even better that all the cards you need for stonekin are very cheap. Like some of the most expensive cards was grinder around 100 bfp and thats about it.

the most forgiving faction for PVE is definetly stonekin closely followed by nature. You got great cc with frost and nature, in addition to that the heal benefits of nature and on top the very resilient stonekin units( with their 15% damage reduction).

Even better that all the cards you need for stonekin are very cheap. Like some of the most expensive cards was grinder around 100 bfp and thats about it.

yeah true if i was loosing in pve maps i could still do a comeback. Also if you wnat a live example heres xlink using a stone deck on hard mode pvp and even tho at one point he was about to loose he still managed to win the game with tofu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPPPO0pC4Wk

That was my deck short after i started BF

Surge-of-Light,Ensnaring-Roots,Shaman,Windweavers,Werebeasts,Fountain-of-Rebirth,Primal-Defender,Breeding-Grounds,Curse-of-Oink,Ray-of-Light,Razorshard_nature,Stone-Shards_frost,Stone-Tempest_frost,Hammerfall_nature,Swamp-Drake,Grimvine,Lost-Spirit-Ship_nature,Stone-Shell_shadow,Cannon-Tower,Juice-Tank

That was my deck short after i started BF

Surge-of-Light,Ensnaring-Roots,Shaman,Windweavers,Werebeasts,Fountain-of-Rebirth,Primal-Defender,Breeding-Grounds,Curse-of-Oink,Ray-of-Light,Razorshard_nature,Stone-Shards_frost,Stone-Tempest_frost,Hammerfall_nature,Swamp-Drake,Grimvine,Lost-Spirit-Ship_nature,Stone-Shell_shadow,Cannon-Tower,Juice-Tank

i would start with frost t1 with frost mages and home soil and go nature t2 but then again its personall preferences

i would start with frost t1 with frost mages and home soil and go nature t2 but then again its personall preferences

also frost mages and home soil are kinda expensive, especially home soil.

Nature t1 is definetly the cheaper and newb friendlier start as it already offers cc and heals in t1.

Only thing that i would change on that deck for newbies on the first look is juice tank... the mechanic is very confusing described and is hard to understand for newbies. It leads to a lot of misunderstanding of the card mechanic and often times a wasted deck slot ( even a lot of more experienced players used that card in situations where it is just a waste of power.

also frost mages and home soil are kinda expensive, especially home soil.

Nature t1 is definetly the cheaper and newb friendlier start as it already offers cc and heals in t1.

Only thing that i would change on that deck for newbies on the first look is juice tank... the mechanic is very confusing described and is hard to understand for newbies. It leads to a lot of misunderstanding of the card mechanic and often times a wasted deck slot ( even a lot of more experienced players used that card in situations where it is just a waste of power.

at the very start i had no jucetank so i did put in Regroth for heal 

that way it was mose with card i got from the start or some boosterpacks later i bougth some form auktion

I think playing Frost is probably the easiest if you're a beginner as they have normal towers and simple units. I find shadow the hardest faction to play as they have a lot of active abilities and towers that work a bit indifferent (I remember how I didn't understand shit at the beginning and just destroyed them all the time) and therefor not very easy to play. This is just my opinion on it and could and probably is wrong.

You have a point but i dont know if there is any type thats the "best" but i personally think Nature is all so really good cause all of the heals xD :P

First, instead of using red. blue, purple, green, say fire frost shadow nature. I think it's clearer that way (and makes you sound like you know what you're doing).

The most accurate terminology (I'm being picky because things are much more clear if we all use the same words and I wouldn't want to lead beginners astray) is to call multiple orbs of the same color "pure." "Splash" refers to using a color in combination with something else (usually it means one of the first 2 orbs since those are most relevant in PvP, but I guess it works for PvE as well). For instance, I might say that all beginners should have a nature splash by t4 because regrowth and giant wyrm are very strong cards.

Also, the phrases "twlight, stonekin" etc specifically refer to cards of that series. (Vileblood, Lost Reaver, stone shards, etc). Many people commonly say "twilight deck" when they mean shadow-frost, but most top players just say something like fire-nat because it is more specific (and also usually implies the order of orbs). I'd recommend using that terminology. You can put a space, hyphen, or slash between the splashes; it doesn't matter :) (although I really want to instigate a movement where we say fire-nat to mean fire t1 nature t2, and fire/nat to mean that I have both a fire and nature orb at t2 without regard to which was played first).

I feel like none of the fire cards you listed except earthshaker is useful for PvP. I don't really know though, so I'll try to keep my criticism in that department to a minimum.

The effect of themed cards is almost negligible. The twilight ability, for instance, is almost worthless. (it's also "stonekin" not "stone").

If you're playing a splash deck, you aren't confined to using themed cards. I noticed that you seem to have a preference for cards like deathglider or vileblood. Just because the cards requires 2 orbs of different color, rather than one of a color and the other neutral, doesn't make it better. Most themed cards are actually worse than single color (but not pure) cards.

You should try to use general strategies also. For instance, you can heal all your XL units fairly quickly with a frost barrier, if you play frost. Or say that since nature has the advantage of heals, you should try hard not to let any units die. etc.

Hope this helps!

Also, the phrases "twlight, stonekin" etc specifically refer to cards of that series. (Vileblood, Lost Reaver, stone shards, etc). Many people commonly say "twilight deck" when they mean shadow-frost, but most top players just say something like fire-nat because it is more specific (and also usually implies the order of orbs). I'd recommend using that

Just a little mistake. i think you meant that lost souls is shadow frost or twilight is fire nature

but besides that i did find this info usefull ;)

Edited by kestas3

To put it simple witch color to choose is know what their color represent

Nature: Is a heal and Health color units have very good HP and lot of heal and special is the rootnetwork

Frost: Fights with lots of freezing and shield abilitys and buff if your units are close to friendly buildings also lots of defending buildings

Fire: Plays on dmg but less HP lots of buff to increase dmg as well as lots of dmg spells

Shadow: Plays on death, witch means many effects need collecting corps first or buff by sacrefice HP or units special ability is disintegrate units

Twiligt: combines Nature and Fire so good in Health and dmg but also some special is changeing unis

Lost Souls: combines Frost and Shadow so part of the abilitys need to colect corps like shadow and the Frost part gives shield abilitys and the spescial is revive ability

Stonekin: combines Frost and Natur units have healing and shield abilitys and special all units and buildings have a 15% deff bonus

Bandits: combines Fire and shadow power and HP kinda like fire with corp absorb abilitys and all units and building have a 15% dmg as HP ability

Amii: combines Natur and Shadow since there is only 1 card thers not mucht to say

Legendary: Are all cards that dont need a Specific Orb color but lowest Unit needs T2 and only one of each kind can be active in the game at once

Promo Cards: Are cards that have been alredy upgrated to the max and all cards have a gold star in the upper Left corner and special moste of those Cards have a diffrence appirence in the game (3D viev)

pls correct me if i did a fault as specaly on twilight im not shure

Edited by Asraiel

First, instead of using red. blue, purple, green, say fire frost shadow nature. I think it's clearer that way (and makes you sound like you know what you're doing).

The most accurate terminology (I'm being picky because things are much more clear if we all use the same words and I wouldn't want to lead beginners astray) is to call multiple orbs of the same color "pure." "Splash" refers to using a color in combination with something else (usually it means one of the first 2 orbs since those are most relevant in PvP, but I guess it works for PvE as well). For instance, I might say that all beginners should have a nature splash by t4 because regrowth and giant wyrm are very strong cards.

Also, the phrases "twlight, stonekin" etc specifically refer to cards of that series. (Vileblood, Lost Reaver, stone shards, etc). Many people commonly say "twilight deck" when they mean shadow-frost, but most top players just say something like fire-nat because it is more specific (and also usually implies the order of orbs). I'd recommend using that terminology. You can put a space,

i agree on most of that however at least for me when im talking about a twilight, stonekin or lost souls deck i mean that a lot of key cards for that deck and its playstyle are those themed cards. Those decks also always have a orb distribution, so for Lost Souls for example 2 shadow and 2 frost orbs and their t2 is always 1 orb of each kind( so in the example 1 frost 1 shadow). For me those deck i call Lost Souls( to stay in my example from above) always play around key cards that are themed. So a majority of cards that define the playstyle of the deck are themed.  For example :

c3dm6qwf.png

Note that this is a rPVE deck and not made for PVE first.

This deck highly plays around the revive to increase damage( lost spirit ship is in that deck for healing, armored tower as an efficient tool to get the hp for the ship). Any card in that deck that is not a Lost Souls card( except t1) is just there to support it. Void manipulation is to key to not use it in PVE. Same goes for the efficiency of Resource Booster, just increasing the power you get from wells. Mo because the deck will mainly use Lost Dragons and relies on their ability to also do damage against Lost Souls. But(!) technically this deck is playable without any of those 'supporting' cards. Thats my definition of a 'Lost Souls/Twilight/Stonekin/Bandits deck'.

In other cases i agree with you. Just using 2 shadow and 2 frost orbs doesnt necasserily makes that deck a Lost Souls deck.

1)I feel like none of the fire cards you listed except earthshaker is useful for PvP. I don't really know though, so I'll try to keep my criticism in that department to a minimum.

2)The effect of themed cards is almost negligible. The twilight ability, for instance, is almost worthless. (it's also "stonekin" not "stone").

3)If you're playing a splash deck, you aren't confined to using themed cards. I noticed that you seem to have a preference for cards like deathglider or vileblood. Just because the cards requires 2 orbs of different color, rather than one of a color and the other neutral, doesn't make it better. Most themed cards are actually worse than single color (but not pure) cards.

4)You should try to use general strategies also. For instance, you can heal all your XL units fairly quickly with a frost barrier, if you play frost. Or say that since nature has the advantage of heals, you should try hard not to let any units die. etc.

Hope this helps!

1) Its about PVE here and the amount of cards he mentioned isnt like super high so i dont think you should wonder about not finding very good cards for PVP.

2) Thats only true for some factions, i agree on that for Twilight especially. However the Bandit ability is quite good in especially early stages of the game. You can nicely abuse it by using Rioter's Retreat and the lifesteal of for example commandos. Lost Souls have a rather weak ability early on, however with the card Lost Evocation you can make some good use of the damage buffing spells. The ability of the units is rather bad unless you have few charges on cards. With void manipulation you can activate it for very few power though, so its not terrible. Stonekins defensive bonus is pretty nice tbh.

3)true.

4)true.

Edited by Treim

Shadow is awesome in both PvE and PvP. I miss making gimmicky soul storing-based decks for the sake of playing with Soulsplicers, Furnace of Flesh and stuff :D

Nature is really strong too, as the heals are awesome if you've got a nice army going on.

But my heart stays with LS / Stonekin, even though the Stonekin deck is a bit too slow to play in my opinion :S