First Skylords Reborn community challenge!

Chimerae

After some thinking I have decided to unleash this community challenge upon you. True, this is early and all, but it will give you plenty of time to make up your masterplan! It is going to be Encounters with Twilight. I know this map has been chosen twice before on earlier community challenges, but this is the very first map of the game, allowing everyone to instantly start it (I know, I know, some of you will have played all the maps within a day). Since everyone will only have acces to the starting cards (+ maybe a booster or two), the only allowed cards will be the starting 'Play4Free' cards. On top of this the following challenges can be accepted in order to win as many points as possible. Note that some of these challenges may be nigh impossible, so you do not have to do them! The player with the most amount of points wins; time will be a tie breaker!

ULTIMATE CHALLENGE

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap. – 3500 points

Don’t use any cards that cost a 100 power or more, other than for completing a bonus challenge.

CHALLENGES

Guardians of the North. – 1500 points

Claim your second orb only using Northguards (do not spawn anything but Northguards until you started constructing the second orb).

Rage ‘n rip. – 1500

Claim your third orb only using either Rageclaws or Rippers (only for the actual assault on it; not for defending the second orb).

No creeping deaths. – 1500 points

None of your units may die from vile blood.

I don’t need no dragons! – 1500 points

Finish the map without using any dragon cards.

Come at me bro! – 1500 points

Use the Amii screaming Stone to lure the twilight, but do not use towers to defend against the wave of attackers.

Protect the weak. – 1500

None of the refugees must die.

Die with your boots on. – 1500 points

Your units may only die in battle, and may not be deleted at will.

BONUS CHALLENGES

An unholy, trembling construction. – 500 points

While building the fourth monument, slam the ground next to it with a tremor buffed with unholy power.

Master passion greed. – 500 points

Claim all gold chests within ten seconds.

Run to the hills! – 500 points

Have a swift unit run from the starting orb to the plateau of the fourth monument.

Altar of Sacrifice. – 1000 points

Sacrifice four mutating frenzies by using their deathwish ability once on all of them, on the plateau of the fourth monument. They must be standing close to the finished monument: one facing north, one facing west, one facing south and one facing east.

Symptom of the Universe. – 500 points

Shoot a dark grenade in the center of a regrowth spell with a squad of rifle cultists.

Breaking the Law. – 500 points

Have an Emberstrike take down a flying unit with its Fire Lance ability.

Stairway to Heaven / highway to hell? – 250 points

Build a Stone of Torment building in the middle of the plateau.

No pain no gain. – 250 points

Let a unit die of pain from a Stone of Torment.

Maximum possible amount of points: 16500

May the best skylord win!!

If you have an idea for a cool (bonus) challenge, comment here or send me a PM.

Seems nice! Really like this idea im gonna try some of these ^^ my self :P it really sounds interresting :D Nice done m8

• 11 months later...

I'll need some clarifications:

1.: The difficulty of the map, will there be any plus points for playing and doing it on expert, or having everything done on standard makes the same amount of points?

2.: Can someone write down eactly which cards were the P4F cards around the end of the game? 'Cause I remember that at least 1, the Mutating Frenzy was changed to something else around the later stages of the game, but don't remember to what card... 

On 2015. 09. 19. at 9:33 PM, Chimerae said:

Die with your boots on. – 1500 points

Your units may only die in battle, and may not be deleted at will.

BONUS CHALLENGES

No pain no gain. – 250 points

Let a unit die of pain from a Stone of Torment.

3.: Is killing your own units using Stone of Torment count as they die in battle or not? If not then this bonus challange is impossible to do if we want to complete all the challanges.

If I would see the P4F cards then probably I would have some other questions as well, but these are the questions I can make at first glance.

41 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

@UltrakoolI already did.

I don't have any idea what you did, since the original post didn't change, even after it sais you edited it (since it was quoted totally on the top of this page there's a quite good comparison)...

On the other hand, now that i can see the P4F cards (except the one that was swapped for the Mutating Frenzy, because it seems noone knows about what it was), i have a couple more things to ask:

1.: Unholy power: is it allowed or not, on U3 it will be 90 power, but on U0, U1 and U2 it's 100 power.

1.2.: If the answer to the previous question is yes, then at T2 when we're attacking with Rippers, are we allowed to use the Unholy Power to boost our units, or we're not?

2.: Didn't remember the exact hp of the boss, but i'm pretty sure he has more than 15k hp, which means if the "less than 100 mana" + "only P4F cards" are in act, you cannot one-shot him (Rifle cultist ability + unholy power + unholy hero together deals 13.200 damage to a single unit - 16.800 in total). Also we'll have to kill him before the first flying soul gets there or clear those as well. I don't remember if the boss is regenerating or not without getting any of the souls, but if yes, the whole mission seems impossible. If he doesn't regenerate it still will be a pain in the a$$ to finish him, but at least it's possible.

12 hours ago, tbpeti said:

I'll need some clarifications:

1.: The difficulty of the map, will there be any plus points for playing and doing it on expert, or having everything done on standard makes the same amount of points?

2.: Can someone write down eactly which cards were the P4F cards around the end of the game? 'Cause I remember that at least 1, the Mutating Frenzy was changed to something else around the later stages of the game, but don't remember to what card... 

3.: Is killing your own units using Stone of Torment count as they die in battle or not? If not then this bonus challange is impossible to do if we want to complete all the challanges.

If I would see the P4F cards then probably I would have some other questions as well, but these are the questions I can make at first glance.

I think I remember again. The bonus challenges are entirely outside of the rules I made. They are just there for fun, and to score a few more points. Thus, killing a unit next to stone of Torment is allowed, as long as it is only one (challenge done, normal rules apply again). Same goes for the mutating frenzies (yes I thought they were in the p4f deck, as they were there on the wikia post).

As I couldn't test the map myself yet, I cannot make rules about time, as I don't really know how long it might take on average. I wanted to make the challenges optional, in that you can do them, or you can go for a really fast time, while scoring a few of these challenges. I think I'll update this after I get beta access. Then I can make some more reasonable and clearly formulated rules!

• 1 year later...