Wanted: Skylords Reborn Company Manager

MrXLink

sounds reseneble. just 1 more thing that got in my head abaout the donation that been used first for the servers and then later to spend on charity. maybe there would be a chance to actuly buy the official copy rigth or part of it like runing the game, from EA directly so they can't act as you say. just a finking. game does exist but they don't get eny profits out so maybe they into somthing like that.

just a gessing (more like what i would do with something i dont need anymore, wy not making a little profit out of it and sell it)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great to hear thx :) what do you think does the game release before 2016 ?

My guess is that the game will release in 2016. It's just a guess though, anything can happen that might slow down the progress.

Edited by Ladadoos

here a link to a company that helps creating a company myth be some help its from swizzerland https://www.startups.ch/en/found/our-services/company-foundations/

i checked it everything is possible but not for free. and even for non swiss peolpes to get started but it goes on into the swiss laws and those are diffrent to eu laws so myth be a help but i myself dont know

ps: has also a overview witch business does get the emplyees save from everything (diffrens between businesses: https://www.startups.ch/en/inform/details/forms/ )

ps2: just fund out about copyright: Most popular video games are works of corporate authorship and have copyrights that will expire 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first.

Edited by Asraiel

Hello everyone!

I just though I'd make a quick heads-up about the currently open position as a company manager. The position of Company Manager involves some pretty huge responsibilities regarding bureaucratic issues as well as financial issues. This means that it's a pretty rough position to be in as it's very likely to involve thing like:

• Starting up a company (most likely an LLC or such).
  • Managing the financial part of said company, such as tax obligations and similar things.
  • Making sure the company is properly organized.
  • Having legal knowledge regarding possible future copyright issues both IN and OUTSIDE the US (the situation looks alright at the moment, but stranger things have happened).

With all of these things (among others) in mind, please be responsible and really take a moment to think about whether or not you're the best person for the job. I am sure the right person for the job will emerge!

Best Regards

/PorousBoat

In all honesty, I don't really agree with this approach. Having an establish LLC would make it easier for EA to shut it down. An LLC has an address, location and a board of directors published. EA just has to look it up and file a complaint. You'll never stand a chance since you are using their IP. 

The only reasonable way I could see this happening is that LLC is offering a service (game server and client). But it doesn't offer the game data (models, music, ...). This way the LLC isn't breaking any copyright laws. The data could then be opensourced or what ever

Edited by Reinard

The company will be set up where the company manager is based.
Otherwise he/she would have to go through several hoops to get any legal paperwork done while not being fully competent in another country's laws and regulations.

This thread should really be merged with the main one created by XLink, as it's discussing the same subject.

The company will be set up where the company manager is based.
Otherwise he/she would have to go through several hoops to get any legal paperwork done while not being fully competent in another country's laws and regulations.

This thread should really be merged with the main one created by XLink, as it's discussing the same subject.

You might be correct on the merging part, I just thought some things might have needed clarifying as the main post is pretty... Vague.

You might be correct on the merging part, I just thought some things might have needed clarifying as the main post is pretty... Vague.

That I don't disagree with. More information covered in the first post would be preferable for general discussion, but most things have been brought up (and answered) by members of the forum.

Although the bottom line is that whoever applies for this role shouldn't need to read any of it. If he/she has to, then that person is the wrong candidate.

• 4 weeks later...

did the BFR Team got any closer to this topic issue? im now registerd for about a month and if i see the progress that the game makes in the alpha test i wonder if the matter of this company manager issue got any closer to completion?

and what happens if the game is redy to be released but there is till a company manager as well such a company needed? will it then be released or will the BFR Team wait until a company was set up to run the game?

Edited by Asraiel

I would suggest a NGO (non-governmental organization), but only after you use the donations to buy the license, way too risky to go live without it. here are several examples of NGOs http://www.somondofoundation.org/en/ngos.html?gclid=CLL_2p_O58gCFQUOwwodvQgDiw

By "buying the license" you mean buying the copy rights of BF from EA? Hardly doubt that will happen sadly.. EA won't sell it.

the game is dead, why not? they shut it down, so they don't want it anymore. you could also try to affiliate with a major company like valve. they will be interested if you show some numbers and possibilities, as they took dota into dota2

the game is dead, why not? they shut it down, so they don't want it anymore. you could also try to affiliate with a major company like valve. they will be interested if you show some numbers and possibilities, as they took dota into dota2

Its not that simple as it looks like. Sadly

but i wonder. does it have to be a company for bfr or does a club like "football or chess" not work for bfr that way it would be way easyer and donations wear still possible. but at first you may need to dicide on witch country you like to build up this company or club because of the diffrent laws of each country.

but if it would be my project i would go and build a club and then maybe later transform this club to a company. 

what do you think of that maybe stupid idea because i does not know a lot of international company laws an non of other cuntrys than swizzerland

Ps: you can even see us (thsoe ho dont work on the project) as fans like in a BFR Fanclub

I actualy think that this is an idea that should be taken into respect, if you didn't do this allready. In Germany you can found an e.V. (eingetragener Verein). Maybe this could be a way to go. It's relatively easy and sounds similar according legal and tax status as the described LLC.. and you don't need a studied manager to do it. Of course finances will have to be transparent here as well, the board has to be elected from the members and it has to be non-profit.

I'm interested in this role, and believe I have the qualifications. Lets discuss, by email, skype, or here, whatever works.

Cheers,

Vincent aka Lorenzzo

As said in the first post, you can leave an application in the Recruitment section.

I actualy think that this is an idea that should be taken into respect, if you didn't do this allready. In Germany you can found an e.V. (eingetragener Verein). Maybe this could be a way to go. It's relatively easy and sounds similar according legal and tax status as the described LLC.. and you don't need a studied manager to do it. Of course finances will have to be transparent here as well, the board has to be elected from the members and it has to be non-profit.

Yes, founding an eV here in germany is really easy. Every small local sportsclub is usually a eV.

Here are the advantages i know of:

- easy to start

- BFR would become a "legal person" (Rechtsperson / Juristische Person). That means, it can sue and can get sued.

- an eV is always non profit.

- the BFR managers would not be legaly responsible for BFR, since BFR is a "legal person" on its own

- since eV's are often based on donations, handling the taxes wont be complicated

- an eV is always a democratic organisation

but all these advantages depend on why you want something like this. So maybe you can explaine a little bit more, what you mean with

extend our possibilities.

Edited by bobfrog

• 1 month later...

Setting up a non-profit foundation is actually not that hard, keeping the books properly is. In the Netherlands for example you will need to set up statutes (which include the goal of the foundation, how the board is (re)assigned/fired and what happens with the money of the foundation when the foundation stops). You will have to consult a notary to gain a notarial deed (yes, this will cost some money). With these statutes you can register at the Chamber of Commerce and you will have a non-profit foundation. 

The next step would be to setup a bank account in the name of the foundation. And here comes the hardest part, as a non-profit foundation you will need to maintain the books and fully open them to the tax authorities when requested. This needs to be done properly (preferable checked by an accountant) as there could be serious penalties when done wrong. 

Although a non-profit foundation will have its own capital seperated from the board members capital, there will still be (financial) risks for the board members as they could be held liable in certain cases. 

It's pretty much the same here in Switzerland :)

I believe there are people with a degree in economics here but I would gladly offer my help to anyone in terms of accounting or anything small with laws but it's quite hard since I have no idea where the location of the company will be.

Here's an idea:

What if you make them pay (donate) for the Server, not the game.

For example, have a subscription fee for the server:

£0 - Guest access (same as others but free) to the server

£10/5 (or even £1, if 50% of the current members give £1 then you have £2000..) - 1 month - Silver 

£20 - 1 month - Gold

So, your not giving money for the game, but to use the sever, which is owned by you.

The membership only lasts for a month (or less, say a week if you wish) Which is basically the same as donating £10 to the SERVER.

Since your not making money from the game, but your making money from your server, 

I am no legal expert so yea..what do you think? 

Edited by Destoyerfros

Here's an idea:

What if you make them pay (donate) for the Server, not the game.

For example, have a subscription fee for the server:

£0 - Guest access (same as others but free) to the server

£10/5 (or even £1, if 50% of the current members give £1 then you have £2000..) - 1 month - Silver 

£20 - 1 month - Gold

So, your not giving money for the game, but to use the sever, which is owned by you.

The membership only lasts for a month (or less, say a week if you wish) Which is basically the same as donating £10 to the SERVER.

Since your not making money from the game, but your making money from your server, 

I am no legal expert so yea..what do you think? 

I would not pay monthly fee to any game even if i love it.

• MrXLink locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic