Wanted: Skylords Reborn Company Manager

MrXLink

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why is the silver, gold membership? If they would give any advantages to the paying players, I wouldn't want it either.

I figure that would just be a rank, something visual without any real advantages except for the shiny looks.

But I think it would still be illegal though, because you are making money from your OWN server (or hired server) with someone else his game. So all that money should belong to EA than, I guess... I am no law expert either, not even close, but this is just my common sense.

£0 - Guest access (same as others but free) to the server

There is no advantage.

Ok think of it this way: Membership/Subsription = Donation

You have a choice.

No donation

£5/£10 donation

£20+ Donation

@Silencekiller99 yea thats the idea, just visual. For what you say, Your just paying for server access, which you own (other stuff could also be placed in the server, just to back up the idea e.g. some articles) Therefore you are not making money from someone game, just access to a server.

Edited by Destoyerfros

Ah, like a contributor rank. Well, that can be a thing i wouldn't mind.

I figure that would just be a rank, something visual without any real advantages except for the shiny looks.

But I think it would still be illegal though, because you are making money from your OWN server (or hired server) with someone else his game. So all that money should belong to EA than, I guess... I am no law expert either, not even close, but this is just my common sense.

If its a donation you can make money legally. As donation you get money from a person as a "gift", not exactly for the game, or to be able to play the game. If i'm right BFR has reached their donation limit. Hence why they need a company manager.

Problem is not that they can't accept donations, the problem is they can't get more. Their regular paypal account has limits

Ah, like a contributor rank. Well, that can be a thing i wouldn't mind.

If its a donation you can make money legally. As donation you get money from a person as a "gift", not exactly for the game, or to be able to play the game. If i'm right BFR has reached their donation limit. Hence why they need a company manager.

Problem is not that they can't accept donations, the problem is they can't get more. Their regular paypal account has limits

Its not a donation, its a membership/ subscription

basically you're giving money for a membership that does nothing...

but your not donating, you paying a subscription for the server.

Edited by Destoyerfros

The problem with said memberships is that you still restrict users from accessing the servers, and therefore the game, if they do not donate or make a guest account. This would count as selling the game's playability, which is essentially part of the game's content. Content selling is something we do not want to do whatsoever. If we require more donations, the very least we could do is update the MotD appropriately or the user account interface to "ask" for donations. Any membership feature just makes this more risky than it has to be.

As for donator game or forum ranks, the team has never really liked the idea of distinguishing members globally by the amount of money they have donated. We can have a look at how this works out in the end, as this should not necessarily be too much of an issue regarding the aforementioned statement, but we'd rather not add any perks to donating whatsoever as it would still be some sort of payment to unlock features in whatever way, which remains to be not the safest thing to do. We need not take unnecessary risks, albeit the tiniest ones, but I'll take it into consideration.

I don't see any necessarity for this to be honest. Donations will be open once we have a company manager, people will be free to donate whenever they want.

Your idea would just give fancy ranks or what not to people who donated... This maybe motivates people to donate more, or more often. But that just doesn't feels good to me.

And this suggestion doesn't belongs to this topic in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

What if you put a recruitment video on youtube? lets say you dont find company menager yet... You go on twitch play,stream a bit and say a few times that you need a company menager to handle the books, for free ofc some one who loves the game and has the general knowledge of how to do it. I do know its risky kind of... Its just a random thought... But perhaps some one would like to help for a little bit, or some one who can teach one of you to offer his help?

i would be able to do it but only in switzerland, as i am a fiduciary.

but i see also problems about liabilities regarding any legal proceeding with ea.

isnt there any possibility to "ask" ea to use the game?! with the donated money you could pay for the use.

so you would never have any problems regarding laws. regardless of the legal form (llc, GmbH, ev ....) the member of the board, directors, president or board/Management will have a residual risk if you dont get the permission of ea.

so you would never have any problems regarding laws. regardless of the legal form (llc, GmbH, ev ....) the member of the board, directors, president or board/Management will have a residual risk if you dont get the permission of ea.

That's exactly why no sane person would want to do it for free or without being fairly compensated for their trouble.
There are legal obligations one may decide to take on for the sake of runnig his/her (private) company, but without perks and benefits the risks and potential backlash is simply not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Im not sure if You guys still searching for a Manager, if yes then my Fiancee is currently running non-profit company. We can help You in this matter, but I believe, it will require detailed conversation to make everything clear. PM me, if You guys are interested. 

On 12/9/2015 at 5:25 PM, Azta said:

I would not pay monthly fee to any game even if i love it.

And this is why PC gaming has gone into the toilet due to the F2P micro transactions and P2W money.  I never liked the F2P model when it started and when some of the more established monthly subscriptions switched to that model the games went to crap.

One of the few times companies should revert back to the way it was.

On 26.03.2016 at 5:14 PM, Darian DelFord said:

And this is why PC gaming has gone into the toilet due to the F2P micro transactions and P2W money.  I never liked the F2P model when it started and when some of the more established monthly subscriptions switched to that model the games went to crap.

100% agree with You. Games become dependant of just one factor : money. Doesnt matter how much time do You spend in game, if You spend high money,  You are on top. BaF and so communities are very short living... 

Edited by Paulson79
Grammar error

On 2016. 03. 26. at 4:14 PM, Darian DelFord said:

Once buy is fine for me. But paying every month to be able to play, no thanks.. It makes me  feel like im forced.

On 3/26/2016 at 8:41 AM, Paulson79 said:

Im not sure if You guys still searching for a Manager, if yes then my Fiancee is currently running non-profit company. We can help You in this matter, but I believe, it will require detailed conversation to make everything clear. PM me, if You guys are interested. 

Did anything ever happen of this?

Sorry Guys, I was occupied during Easter and after... Some Family stuff, but I am still interested in helping, so today I will try to talk via skype with the Leader of this group and set the details

update: I added Insane Hawk on Skype as he requested in private message, but no response from him so far. If this thing is still up let me know, cause I am not using skype much so need to know in advance when would You like to talk.

Peace!

Edited by Paulson79
update

• MrXLink locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic