Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
CrypticWizrd

PVP level restrictions

Hi every one, Battle-forge was a great game in itself, but as we know one of its downsides was its unbalanced pvp. Many people i knew and me as well become frustrated after jumping into a pvp, only to be matched with person higher level than you and getting my arse handed to me. A possibility could be to introduce some sort of lvl restrictions to the pvp. Something like Planetside 2 that has a sort of tutorial map for lvl 15 and below, this insures players get a feel for the map without getting constantly smashed by a platoon of a top clan. Something similar like this could be implemented to battleforge, where ranked cannot be played untill a certain lvl or rank or achievement, so that when ranked is unlocked, the player has a certain number of knowledge of game mechanics. Too many times players raged-quit the game after constantly being thrashed every game. This is just an idea and i would like suggestions on this, whether you agree or disagree or have something else to add on too.   

Hi every one, Battle-forge was a great game in itself, but as we know one of its downsides was its unbalanced pvp. Many people i knew and me as well become frustrated after jumping into a pvp, only to be matched with person higher level than you and getting my arse handed to me. A possibility could be to introduce some sort of lvl restrictions to the pvp. Something like Planetside 2 that has a sort of tutorial map for lvl 15 and below, this insures players get a feel for the map without getting constantly smashed by a platoon of a top clan. Something similar like this could be implemented to battleforge, where ranked cannot be played untill a certain lvl or rank or achievement, so that when ranked is unlocked, the player has a certain number of knowledge of game mechanics. Too many times players raged-quit the game after constantly being thrashed every game. This is just an idea and i would like suggestions on this, whether you agree or disagree or have something else to add on too.   

To keep it short, the problem wasn't in the matching system, but rather in the playerbase. The longer someone had to wait, the higher the chances were he would either be matched with a way more skilled opponent than him or way lower skilled than him. We all know by now, that Battleforge wasn't the most famous game out there (not because the game is not good enough, but rather because of the ones managing the game) and therefore had a small playerbase. You guessed it - small playerbase means longer queue times which means lower chance of being matched agaisnt an opponent of your same skill/ELO.

Multiaccounters don't really help this situation though - skilled members behind freshly made accounts, ready to annihilate new members. Anyways, I believe that the current matching system is fine and that this issue will decrease quite a lot once the playerbase is big enough.

i think that the only think we can do now its wait, because, when the game is realased, the skills of all the players will be reduced. so i dont think that we will have problems in the future

@CrypticWizrd And higher rank didnt like ether to be matched with low rank (risk of high loose of elo, especially if there is a disconnection). After a match i alway wait a 2-3 minute. Because If there my previous opponent was exactly the same level and we both search after our matc, we are instantly matched together again.

i think that the only think we can do now its wait, because, when the game is realased, the skills of all the players will be reduced. so i dont think that we will have problems in the future

Your statement depends on when the game will be released, since there are many old battleforge players joining BFReborn, and if the playerbase is low, it will mostly consist of good players instead of new members. Therefore, your statement isn't necessarily true.

I think he mean everyone will start with starter deck.

thats right, i wanted to say that. the players are gonna still have their abilities, but they will not have good cards.  

, where ranked cannot be played untill a certain lvl or rank or achievement, so that when ranked is unlocked, the player has a certain number of knowledge of game mechanics.   

That is not gonna be possible due to the new going to be implemented daily quest system, which will also consist of pvp quests. Setting a level-rank will contradict the new mechanic. We could change the quest system to not hand out pvp quests for the ''noobs'', but that would be not only problematic that will raise new problems that i would not even bother to mention and also i dont think it will be even nescessary for a pvp rank limitation due to the low playerbase that was already mentioned. 

So have you guys thought about ways to increase player base? is it just more publicity?  so that battleforge doesn't go along a similar path as before...

I'm almost certain this won't go the same path as before. We have a team that is working very hard and putting a lot of their time and effort into making this game as enjoyable as possible, as well as actually listening to what the community suggests and therefore trying to make BFReborn what we all (staff and community) would like it to be, instead of just what the staff wants. Just knowing that a game many skylords loved is coming back as well as it not being runned by EA, should attract a lot of the old skylords.

I can't tell you much about advertisement at the moment, since I believe that that is something that they haven't discussed much, since they they plan on releasing the game as close to the original as possible, as fast as possible. There is one thing I can tell you though, and that is that the community has been spreading the word a lot - making imgur images, articles, videos, guides, telling their friends, posters etc... Over all just spending a lot of time in things related to this game.

To conclude: Don't worry about this topic.

thats right, i wanted to say that. the players are gonna still have their abilities, but they will not have good cards.  

To top players the deck doesn't matter much (as long as the enemy does not have a vastly superior deck). I am confident i could have made it into the higher gold ranks with tutorial deck alone in the old bf. We might be rusty for a week or two but after that the good players will just dominate like the game was never closed.

To keep it short, the problem wasn't in the matching system, but rather in the playerbase. The longer someone had to wait, the higher the chances were he would either be matched with a way more skilled opponent than him or way lower skilled than him. We all know by now, that Battleforge wasn't the most famous game out there (not because the game is not good enough, but rather because of the ones managing the game) and therefore had a small playerbase. You guessed it - small playerbase means longer queue times which means lower chance of being matched agaisnt an opponent of your same skill/ELO.

Multiaccounters don't really help this situation though - skilled members behind freshly made accounts, ready to annihilate new members. Anyways, I believe that the current matching system is fine and that this issue will decrease quite a lot once the playerbase is big enough.

Yeah the playerbase wasn't very high, especially on PVP. I had way better luck finding people on PVE battlegrounds or campaign even.

Every gamer that decides to start playing pvp in every game is going to have a hard time in the beginning. Here in BFR where the majority will be players that have a certain experience ingame things will be extra rough for a rookie. My advice instead of coming up with pvp limitations etc. is to read a lot of pvp threads that introduce what awaits you and watch youtube videos where you can see the things you read here in the forum implemented ingame ( cause we dont have the game to try it out ourselves). 

Trust me, start with the study now so you can have a basis in theory then when the game is released you can gain the experience. Plays need brains

as a guy who spent alot of mney on bf i got all upgrades and had some pretty good decks loved pvp i actually thougth the system was fine but its prob becouse i had better cards and as i started playing when i was 10 i lacked ...... well strategy i still got a pretty decent pvp rank considering everyone will start with the same cards and the most players are experianced i think the old way will work pretty good