Proposal: Rewards

MrXLink

in my opinion, dayly quests are still fine, chain activity quests are terrible tho. they force you to play every day or else you don't get the reward... that kind of stuff is a terrible abuse of human nature and gets you to play even if you don't want to. just having a well made progression that feels good is enough to keep players, who are interested in the game, playing. doing that progression by quests is fine, you are not forced to play every day to progress and it is still varied enough to not be a chore.

20 minutes ago, LagOps said:

chain activity quests are terrible tho. they force you to play every day or else you don't get the reward... 

Yeah, please none of that... I would still play but I can imagine it being terrible for the really casual/busy players. They are already tight with time and rewarding their work frequently instead of after a long period of time sounds best. That way you don't lose your rewards because you didn't finish a small part of the quest (in the chain of quests).

Personally, the best reward system I've seen comes from my favorite MMOTCG, Pox Nora:

There are four dailies, two of which are, "Play two games with a deck that is/has [X]," then there's a, "Win a PvP Match" and "Play [an Unranked] Match." There's a moderate bonus for having completed all four.

Two, unique matches which relate to each other are given as "Daily Skirmishes", which can be challenging, but are usually just interesting. Each gives a fixed amount of in-game currency, and completing them both gives another one's worth. (Now, someone on another thread mentioned something about Custom Maps not having any purpose, but are being still worked on...?)

Then they introduced Heroic Achievements, which are four, fortnightly challenges, requiring the use of a certain amount of cards with specific ability types ("Deploy 2 Champions with an ability containing Loyalty or Regal Presence") or more deckbuilding ("Play a deck with at least 4 Champions with an ability containing Ally"), or equipping three champions in a match, that sort of thing. Each completion gives a sizable reward, and then completing all four gives a large amount of another, secondary, in-game currency. Some of these might get done just as you play, but they encourage learning to play in different ways, which, hypothetically, could translate to BattleForge.

There's also the addition of receiving a free card of any rarity from the first few sets upon finishing a match, but that really only works for Pox Nora...

This means that players do get something interesting to do, everyday, but it's almost entirely just a perk for coming back, and they also have a reason to try new ways of playing and have something to work, over a couple of weeks, which can be done over that time, or in super-tryhard farming mode (i.e., my life), under two hours.

So if we're in the market of... considering inspiration from other models, what other unique systems have you guys encountered?

Edit: Endlessly-farmable, in-game currency is a given. (Pox Nora is time-based, capped per match to prevent weird abuse.)

Edited by Xiven
Clarification

50 minutes ago, Xiven said:

So if we're in the market of... considering inspiration from other models, what other unique systems have you guys encountered?

LoL:

-you get currency for completing a game (for winning more than losing) and the first match of the day gives more reward

-for mastering a champion you get chests, and randomly after a match you get keys to unlock the chests, that then give you stuff.

Battlefield: Playing with a certain weapon gives you experience for it, which allow you to unlock extras for the weapon

(maybe would translate to battlforge like this: long term quest: every 20 games you won with frost cards, you get a random frost card)

I enjoy possibility to choose daily quest. As well as reward for completing all daily quests.... But in the same time, I feel that creating 5 accounts and completing single daily quest on all of them would give higher reward than single account with single quest and grind (using the same amount of time as finishing 5 daily quest on 5 accounts). I would like to see some system preventing it or rewarding the Player for using only one account.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I'm glad there is a discussion on the rewards. I'm sorry that I didn't read all of the posts before I write my part, but man I don't have 24 hours spare.

I for my part only want to say, please just also think about the old players (not only the new ones) who want to come back despite already having played all cards for many hours. I for my part had nearly every card in the game and the fun I had with the game was only steadily going up the more cards I had. So starting completely new but having the memories of how it was before can get frustrating if you can't unlock new cards at reasonable pace.

I understand why you want to give the ppl something to work towards to, but I can asure you, that won't be something fun for me. For me it will probably be an experience with mixed feelings when the game finally is playable, feeling overjoyed to be able to play BF again, while feeling sad because I lost all my cards and won't be able to get them back anytime soon.

So to summarize my thoughts, I understand why you want to have something in place to work towards for ppl who have never played the game or just like to do something like that. But I wanted to put in my voice for ppl like me who nearly had all cards already and do not enjoy having to grind back everything they lost, in my opinion this game is at it's best when you have all cards available and you can think about where you want to go to have some fun instead of feeling punished for not playing the maps the quest system gives just because you don't feel like playing 2player coop today.

This is not a demand of sorts, I just wanted to say this because it clouded my mind the last few days. I'm a little worried that the frustration could be to big after the initial rush.

Edited by Rakkhot

8 minutes ago, Rakkhot said:

So to summarize my thoughts, I understand why you want to have something in place to work towards for ppl who have never played the game or just like to do something like that. But I wanted to put in my voice for ppl like me who nearly had all cards already and do not enjoy having to grind back everything they lost, in my opinion this game is at it's best when you have all cards available and you can think about where you want to go to have some fun instead of feeling punished for not playing the maps the quest system gives just because you don't feel like playing 2player coop today.

This is not a demand of sorts, I just wanted to say this because it clouded my mind the last few days. I'm a little worried that the frustration could be to big after the initial rush.

Well, while the topics I am gonna link dont cover the same exact topic, but a pretty similar idea, I hope they will provide some insight. (Inside those topics I even linked more topics)
Don´t forget, this is gonna be a 100% free only TCG if everyone had access to all cards, or well, pretty easy access to all of them, wouldn´t the Social aspect.... partially die? Idk about you but alot of the fun encounters I had while playing BF where with ppl who I traded with. I´m one of those ppl who´d grindout the entire thing without any second thoughts, simply because it´s fun to me, if the game itself wasn´t fun enough for me to unlock more cards, I wouldn´t even bother with it.

10 minutes ago, Shotty said:

Well, while the topics I am gonna link dont cover the same exact topic, but a pretty similar idea, I hope they will provide some insight. (Inside those topics I even linked more topics)
Don´t forget, this is gonna be a 100% free only TCG if everyone had access to all cards, or well, pretty easy access to all of them, wouldn´t the Social aspect.... partially die? Idk about you but alot of the fun encounters I had while playing BF where with ppl who I traded with. I´m one of those ppl who´d grindout the entire thing without any second thoughts, simply because it´s fun to me, if the game itself wasn´t fun enough for me to unlock more cards, I wouldn´t even bother with it.

First, I can't find out how to delete the links inside the qutoe so, sorry for them being there.

So now to the answer, thank you for replying, I'm gonna look through the links. But a short answer I can already give you, I'm no social person, I find most social interactions exhausting, so I don't like trading. In the old game I bought most of my cards with real money (around 2000 to 3000 bucks at that time) because I had much more fun when I didn't have to think about getting cards and could just play what I wanted and how I wanted. That's also the thing BF always stood for in my mind, a big sandbox where I could do what every person who has ever liked a card gathering game always wanted to do, see your cards come to life. I know and understand that there are many ppl out there who need something to accomplish, but I don't need that, for me it's more of a hassle instead of fun gameplay.

13 minutes ago, Rakkhot said:

First, I can't find out how to delete the links inside the qutoe so, sorry for them being there.

So now to the answer, thank you for replying, I'm gonna look through the links. But a short answer I can already give you, I'm no social person, I find most social interactions exhausting, so I don't like trading. In the old game I bought most of my cards with real money (around 2000 to 3000 bucks at that time) because I had much more fun when I didn't have to think about getting cards and could just play what I wanted and how I wanted. That's also the thing BF always stood for in my mind, a big sandbox where I could do what every person who has ever liked a card gathering game always wanted to do, see your cards come to life. I know and understand that there are many ppl out there who need something to accomplish, but I don't need that, for me it's more of a hassle instead of fun gameplay.

The thing is: This game for me and many others is HEVAILY based around the social aspect, I mean, I don´t get daily onto the Forum to see if there are any news, if I just wanted that, I would go and log on here weekly. I already get on here daily because of the community, and I doubt that I´m the only one who thinks that way.

19 minutes ago, Shotty said:

The thing is: This game for me and many others is HEVAILY based around the social aspect, I mean, I don´t get daily onto the Forum to see if there are any news, if I just wanted that, I would go and log on here weekly. I already get on here daily because of the community, and I doubt that I´m the only one who thinks that way.

And as I have seen in your links, I'm not the only one who doesn't like the idea of having to start at nothing. As I said in my first post, it's not a demand, I just wanted throw in my opinion while I still could. And I liked the social aspect too, just in another way, more precisely while in a coop game, and it was always much more relaxed when ppl were playing who didn't need the reward, so the teamplay was normally much more fun with a team who wasn't going at eatch other for every mistake or misstep.

Another thing I'm worried about is that EA pulls another fast one on us and I don't want to loose any time grinding because every day could be the last.

Edited by Rakkhot

This discussion has happened before, I think. It basically comes down to the fact that the Skylords Reborn team has to make a decision, and whatever they will decide; there wil always be people who do not agree or are not happy. The difficult part for the SR team, though, is to find a balance in the two obvious solutions (grinding everything, like Shotty wants, or getting things quickly, like Rakkhot would like).

And the decision making will be partially influenced by the general opinion of the community, so it is good that people, like you two, are letting them know how you think about it!

Edited by SilenceKiller99

Can I just put in this?

Theres always gonna be multiple accounting in a game where you can transfer ingame currency to one account. That said if people have that much time on their hands they will do it hands down no matter what since they want to be the best.

On the other hand how ever I dont think we can remove multi-accounting, unless a solution to the problem is figured out, I guess what im trying to say is that it can be avoided and my take on it is below.

But what about a one time finishing PvE missions bonus BFP that would encourage for completing the PvE missions and will give good bonus's in the begining. If the system is rewarding enough multi-accounting won't be necessary and people won't feel forced to do it.

On 31/8/2015 at 1:31 AM, indubitablement said:

The pro would be:

Multi accounting isn't a viable way to earn BFP.

The problem is Multi-accounting will always be a viable way to gain more BFP, even if you encourage the people to play PvP and give them rewards having two accounts with daily quests or daily rewards will be a way to earn bonus's since you get double the amount of quests, quests are bonus BFP the way I understand.

2 hours ago, PlainVenom said:

The problem is Multi-accounting will always be a viable way to gain more BFP, even if you encourage the people to play PvP and give them rewards having two accounts with daily quests or daily rewards will be a way to earn bonus's since you get double the amount of quests, quests are bonus BFP the way I understand.

ofc it will ALWAYS be possible even if it´s against the rules, Ppl will always multiaccount. But in that case it´s the staff´s job to find the multiaccounters and ban em.

There is no true way to get rid of multiaccounting. Even if you were to get infinite BFP a day depending on how much you play.

We just gotta trust the Staff, their decision and their way of handling all this.

@PlainVenom As long as we get a good reward system multiaccounting won't be a problem! It used to be even a good thing for the quality of PvP (You can find the arguments in the following discussion). 

If we are talking about repeatable quests (Lord Nullpointer also stated in the thread, that he would prefer such a system) there is no way to abuse this in a big way and therefore we don't have to worry about multiaccounting at all.  

As I mentioned earlier if the system is rewarding enough multi-accounting won't feel forced to compete at the higher leagues. Although im mostly looking to casual play the game and such personally

9 hours ago, PlainVenom said:

If the system is rewarding enough multi-accounting won't be necessary and people won't feel forced to do it.

1 hour ago, RadicalX said:

@PlainVenom As long as we get a good reward system multiaccounting won't be a problem!

And as u mentioned yourself aswell, as long as the system is good enough Multi-accounting won't happend, and most people won't do it either since they don't want the people to be a  grind

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about this?

You get 1 bfp for log in/day.

+2 bfp at 30 min.

+3 bfp for an hour.

+4, 1:30

+5, 2:00

+5, 2:30

+6, 3:00 and that would be tha cap. No more bpf for time on this day.

So the cap is 26 bfp per day.

This System would make the multiaccounting less potential in my opinion.Who has more then 3 hour freetime/day. + Dosen't worth to log in into another account like for 3 hour.

Just an idea...Sorry for my poor english^^

Weekends maybe +6 for 4:00,,+6 for 5:00? ^^ Weekend cap 38.

Edited by Kispilka89
Missed weekends when people have more time ^^

@Kispilka89 These values are definitely way too low. I mean a booster costs 250 bfp. Let's assume you would always play 3 hours a day (which isn't even possible for most people), after an entire week you would still be unable to obtain a single booster (26x4+38x3=218). It would take at least 3 months of constant playing (if not longer) to get a semi-viable PvP deck (at that time a good amount of people would've stopped playing the game already due to the low reward, because they don't want to grind PvE maps for ages).  

Also the market would be pretty much dead at the beginning because nobody would get any cards, which sort of leaves everyone in a place where you can't progress properly. Investing Money isn't possible anymore and without the trading aspect playing the game would feel even worse than in the old version, where we had a pay2win game unless you were experienced & made really smart trades at the market. 

I think I said this multiple times on the forums already:

Repeatable quests, that are related to winning games with no cap are an easy & efficient solution (people get rewarded for playing alot; people get rewarded for playing well; multiaccounting to abuse the system isn't an option)

-> Only condition: the actual values should feel rewarding, but not overwhelming, so PvE & PvP players have fun playing the game.

4 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

@Kispilka89 These values are definitely way too low. I mean a booster costs 250 bfp. Let's assume you would always play 3 hours a day (which isn't even possible for most people), after an entire week you would still be unable to obtain a single booster (26x4+38x3=218). It would take at least 3 months of constant playing (if not longer) to get a semi-viable PvP deck (at that time a good amount of people would've stopped playing the game already due to the low reward, because they don't want to grind PvE maps for ages).  

Also the market would be pretty much dead at the beginning because nobody would get any cards, which sort of leaves everyone in a place where you can't progress properly. Investing Money isn't possible anymore and without the trading aspect playing the game would feel even worse than in the old version, where we had a pay2win game unless you were experienced & made really smart trades at the market. 

Repeatable quests, that are related to winning games with no cap are an easy & efficient solution (people get rewarded for playing alot; people get rewarded for playing well; multiaccounting to abuse the system isn't an option)

-> Only condition: the actual values should feel rewarding, but not overwhelming, so PvE & PvP players have fun playing the game.

250? O.o I remembered 100.Yes,the cap is low then.

3 hours ago, RadicalX said:

BUT I do think there should be some kind of soft cap. Like the 1st win of the day is worth 10 bfp, and the 2nd is 7, then 5, etc. until it gets to 1. (Just throwing out numbers).

Otherwise the strong players will play a TON in the beginning, get really rich, and then dominate the game (and new players will have a hard time entering PvP, because veterans will be both skilled and have good cards).

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has become a little long, so I don't know if someone said this already.

I foresee that there will be 3 types of players, the Hardcore, The weekend Warriors, and the absolute casuals.

A multiple daily reward will surely help the community gain that sudden influx of BFP to kickstart the economy, however I think that the reward system should perhaps be split into tiers to help even it out for those who simply cannot play daily. Another problem is that you are cultivating a system of bots, where players would create 20+ accounts and grind hours to generate the passive income. 

My Recommendation would be as follow:

• Daily Objective (3BFP) - Complete RPVE { 5 = 1 BFP, 9 = 1 BFP, 10 = 1 BFP }
    • This will allow newbies to do something to increase their net worth
    • Loyalty will be rewarded, as those who nurture the community will slowly start building up value on their account
    • Anti-Grind, since players will have to put in effort, reducing the amount of repetition that can be done with alts.
    • Skill based, to promote better player base
  • Weekly Challenge (100 BFP) - Complete 3 expert maps, Complete Ascension, Complete PtD
    • Allows those who can only play on weekends to catch up
  • Promotional Events (1000 BFP) - Kill X, Complete Mission in under X minutes, Use only Tier 1 Cards, etc
    • Allows community to look for new challenges
    • Breaks the Monotony of a game that wont see new missions or releases
    • (Devs) Will it be possible to do challenges in Custom Maps?

8 minutes ago, Prokae said:

i also wuld be great if you wuld get an unique reward (not much something like 2-3 booster or 500-600 bfp) if you have finish´d all pve maps, climb´d top 100 in 1v1 pvp  for example. 

sry for my broken english :/

Thats nice idea kind of like rewards for achievements. Was suggested long ago but dismissed cuz client couldnt be changed i think. Something to reconsider now.

I don't fully understand why people wants to cut out grinding bfp. More bfp for  grinding players = more cards on market. Sure, grinders will end up with better decks faster, but with slow progression, it will take huge amount of time to get a booster or a card and will result empty market(for everyone, not just grinders). PvZ GW2 had interesting quest system. Each quest gave you in-game currency + multiplier for aftermatch rewards. After 5 quests, you were getting 150% rewards instead of 100%. After 10 quests - 200%. From what I remember there was about 10 quests per day and max multiplier was 250%. If someone didn't play for 1-2 days, multiplier was going down.

I don't say that system is the best, but it could be adjusted to Skylords reward system.

• Zyna changed the title to Proposal: Rewards
  • Zyna unpinned this topic