Proposal: Rewards

MrXLink

Will the forum members who are so patiently waiting for the release of BFR Be awarded a promo? It would be nice to get a little something.

That little something you get is the release of BFReborn... Not only would it be a whole lot of work to decide who has been active enough to be rewarded, but also the fact that this doesn't really seem necessary in my opinion to be honest. Just the release and ability to play again makes it worth the wait.

Will the forum members who are so patiently waiting for the release of BFR Be awarded a promo? It would be nice to get a little something.

You call a promo as "little something"? If some people would start with such a card, they would have a huge advantage in any game mode against those who didn't get anything...

As Ladadoos said, your reward for your patiente is to be able to play the game after a long time... That will be more than enough :)

Yes your very right :)

I do miss my old promos and am eager to start collecting again:)

We did all get a brannoc for playing BF before a certain date right? I wasn't expecting a promo Jugger, something small like a Santa. Maybe it could be redeemed a month or two after release when players have their decks established.

My first thoughts when I found about BFR were of my old cards and how I could get them back, I lost a list of promos and ultras, as im sure we all did when BF closed. I greatly appreciate what the team here is trying to accomplish and I understand that the only way to get my decks back will be through months of hard work. Please forgive this old dog for chasing a bone.

Edited by boohaa

From my point of veiw this looks fine I'm just afraid that people that multi-acc can earn lots of BFP compared to people that don't (Especially close to release). It seems they might have a pretty big advantage. But we'll see I just hope it will release with a fair system making cards earnable in good time. The problem with having daily quests as these will make it really easy to make 3 accounts and just mail everything to 1 get cards and wreck everyone in PvP of course this will only be a big problem at release but as long as you still can earn a fair amount of BFP not doing quests, it will probably work. (Especially a problem if you get bfp from liking-subscribing-following)

From my point of veiw this looks fine I'm just afraid that people that multi-acc can earn lots of BFP compared to people that don't (Especially close to release). It seems they might have a pretty big advantage. But we'll see I just hope it will release with a fair system making cards earnable in good time. The problem with having daily quests as these will make it really easy to make 3 accounts and just mail everything to 1 get cards and wreck everyone in PvP of course this will only be a big problem at release but as long as you still can earn a fair amount of BFP not doing quests, it will probably work. (Especially a problem if you get bfp from liking-subscribing-following)

it's true, you can mail bfp, but you can NO LONGER mail gold. if the gold rewards are well chosen, you will lack gold if you multiaccount on your main and can't upgrade all the costly ultras/rares you could buy with the extra bfp. i feel the current proposal strikes a good balance between having a fun system for the regular players, while making multiaccounting ineffective.

it's true, you can mail bfp, but you can NO LONGER mail gold. if the gold rewards are well chosen, you will lack gold if you multiaccount on your main and can't upgrade all the costly ultras/rares you could buy with the extra bfp. i feel the current proposal strikes a good balance between having a fun system for the regular players, while making multiaccounting ineffective.

Last I played I had so much gold, nowhere to dump it, it was a dead currency as I remember it

upgrade tokens got entirely removed (as far as i am aware, they also are no longer in the alpha) and gold will be the only thing required to buy upgrades (again, as far as i am informed). gold rewards and gold required for upgrades will naturally be adjusted accordingly! i highly doubt i would swagger around with my 1 mio+ gold as i did back in the days...

So at the beginning of the game you will need gold badly.. Later obviously when you played a lot, and most of your cards ar upgraded, you won't need more gold, or not that much.

So gold just seems useless later, since later it has no usage.

Agreed. What's your point? :P We have no way of accelerating our BFP earning so multi accounting will still be an issue after gold isnt an issue?

upgrade tokens got entirely removed (as far as i am aware, they also are no longer in the alpha) and gold will be the only thing required to buy upgrades (again, as far as i am informed). gold rewards and gold required for upgrades will naturally be adjusted accordingly! i highly doubt i would swagger around with my 1 mio+ gold as i did back in the days...

Currently tokens are still included in the game. However the devs are planing on removing tokens. Their purpose will get taken over by gold. That way you will naturally need way more gold to upgrade your cards. Gold rewards will get adjusted. It will be much harder to have massive amounts of gold lying around that way.

Future features might be included later on, there were some community ideas how to make it useful. However that might not be necassery for a very long time. Especially because gold will be untradable.

Currently tokens are still included in the game. However the devs are planing on removing tokens. Their purpose will get taken over by gold. That way you will naturally need way more gold to upgrade your cards. Gold rewards will get adjusted. It will be much harder to have massive amounts of gold lying around that way.

Future features might be included later on, there were some community ideas how to make it useful. However that might not be necassery for a very long time. Especially because gold will be untradable.

Edit: i do not know why this got double posted,  however i'd be glad if a mod removes it :)@MrXLink @MephistoRoss @DragonOfTime thanks

Still I think that BFP will probably be the most used currency and the most valuable, especially at release since BFP is to some extent limited (soft capped) while gold is not. So my point still stands.

Still I think that BFP will probably be the most used currency and the most valuable, especially at release since BFP is to some extent limited (soft capped) while gold is not. So my point still stands.

BFP clearly is the currency with the highest value. My statement was not about yours but to clarify what state gold currently is and how it will be at release most likely.

There is no way to stop multi accounting completely, except making BFP untradable. They proposed mixture is the best way to minimize multi accounting.

However it is limited by gold to some extend. You will need to play a lot to get the necassery gold to upgrade your cards. And unupgraded cards aren't really that useful. The way gold will be implemented will minimize the influence of multi accounting further.

Edited by Treim

BFP clearly is the currency with the highest value. My statement was not about yours but to clarify what state gold currently is and how it will be at release most likely.

There is no way to stop multi accounting completely, except making BFP untradable. They proposed mixture is the best way to minimize multi accounting.

However it is limited by gold to some extend. You will need to play a lot to get the necassery gold to upgrade your cards. And unupgraded cards aren't really that useful. The way gold will be implemented will minimize the influence of multi accounting further.

True, I completely agree with you. I'm just wary of the first days or weeks that will set up most of this server's lifespan. If this releases and the "multi-accounters" make 10 accounts gets all the facebooks and the youtubs rewards (as suggested) it's not going to be very fun to see decks that are way ahead of you because they played the system and you didn't.

Also the way to minimise multi accs would be to decrease the profits of doing so. I think as long as it stays completely (I think I read 60-40 or 70-30 Quest-Playtime) it will be completely fine but I just want to get it out there if we get loads of small "boosts" that only happen once it will influnce the release very hard (especially for the PvP scene).

To summarise: One time BFP boosts will **** up the release in my opinion.

As MrXLink has stated several times in the past, we don't want to limit gameplay experience (including rewards/trading/collecting) by designing options just to prevent multi accounting. 

Still, I wouldn't worry too much about multi accounters as we can easily detect and punish multi-account abusers.

Still, I wouldn't worry too much about multi accounters as we can easily detect and punish multi-account abusers.

That is nice because along with the idea of all of us starting fresh and gaining every thing we had back lol. I think it will be fun and I don't like the idea of people using multi accounts 

to get ahead they should be happy to just have the game back.

As for daily quests - wouldn't it be better to increase number of quests and let players choose 3 by themselves?
Well, a good example is with Guild Wars 2 - there you're able to pick the area you were interested in. This way PvE players could choose only to play PvE options and PvP players played PvP. Lately addition of new guild houses started a rage from PvP-only players, because it forces them to play PvE, which they just don't want to do.

I think it should be up to players which daily quests they want to do. So quests shouldn't force them to "play 2vs2 game" or "12P map" or "play Swiftclaw 10 times".
They should be neutral, allowing any player to finish them in his or her own way.

For example: (dunno about the numbers, just examples)
3 PvE daily quests:
1) Get at least 5000 gold from chest on any number of 2P and 4P maps
2) Successfully finish at least 2 different maps on any number of 12P maps
3) Attack at least 400 times with any range unit on PvE maps

3 PvP daily quests:
1) Deal at least 4000 damage with your Swift unit to enemy player's creatures or structures
2) Play at least 5 2vs2 games
3) Win at least 3 games on different 1vs1 maps

Edited by pabi

• 4 weeks later...

I like the current proposition of gaining ingame money, it seems fair and it's pointed towards the community growth. Spreading the word, recruiting friends, making a fake crowd by logging in 30 minutes + per day, yet preventing people from farming points by sitting at battleforge all day, having enough of it for the next week. I agree with all your decisions in a matter so far. 

I guess posting decks, tutorials, winning tournaments, making your own maps, being active on forums should also be rewarded actions. Battleforge playerbase have died out when the game was managed by EA, so it needs to be prevented this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.1.2016 at 11:31 PM, Shafrazad said:

I guess posting decks, tutorials, winning tournaments, making your own maps, being active on forums should also be rewarded actions. Tbh I think that's pretty unfair, especially being active on forums shouldn't be rewarded. At least I wouldn't want to be active on a forum just to keep up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2015 at 5:51 AM, FooFaFie said:

So we gonna get tome decks. Are they again limit in time and free?

From what I have read the tome decks that have a time limit won't be applicable (correct me if I am wrong). Most likely what I love from this system is that we can have ways to earn our bfp's through the generic quest system which not only solves the problem of "smurfing" through the refer a friend system. 

1 hour ago, BoxofTricks said:

From what I have read the tome decks that have a time limit won't be applicable (correct me if I am wrong). Most likely what I love from this system is that we can have ways to earn our bfp's through the generic quest system which not only solves the problem of "smurfing" through the refer a friend system. 

What do you mean? Applicable for what?

The only thing I'd change about the reward system is the BFp decay while playing. I get that some people won't have time to play it as much as other players but it would be nice to still be rewarded if you play a bit longer. Then again, I don't know how much BFp you will get per hour and how much you need to buy a pack. 

You could set a cap on how many times the BFp/hour gets halved.

Just wanted to give my opinion on the subject :) .

• Zyna changed the title to Proposal: Rewards
  • Zyna unpinned this topic