Proposal: Rewards

MrXLink

from what ive seen in the last stream from nightrein 26.03.2017 i saw that a single boosterpack cost 50 BFP

for my personal opinion i would prefer to get at least those 50 BFP a day or if the price changes at least as much to buy 1 booster a day only from that look out there are 540 cards and each booster has 8 so it takes 67.5 days to get 540 cards togheter aldo noone will have 1 of each card by then espacaly not rare or ultrarare because teh have only 1 spot in those 8 cards.

personal i would even go a step further and what follows now does go into another topic:

i would add a premium membership for (depending on how much the ifrastructure costs: server, support, ect.) 20 € for 6-12 months with the only bonus u get is 2x BFP, 2x Gold, doubble market slots, doubble mailbox size. for those who want to be faster or support the project. but as said this goes into another topic!

would mean instead of only 1 booster a day you get 2 boosters (maybe something then for players that work and dont have so much time to play) like this post tells 2h can be a lot if you work and have rl as well

On 7.2.2017 at 6:36 PM, Kispilka89 said:

What do you think about this?

You get 1 bfp for log in/day.

+2 bfp at 30 min.

+3 bfp for an hour.

+4, 1:30

+5, 2:00

+5, 2:30

+6, 3:00 and that would be tha cap. No more bpf for time on this day.

So the cap is 26 bfp per day.

This System would make the multiaccounting less potential in my opinion.Who has more then 3 hour freetime/day. + Dosen't worth to log in into another account like for 3 hour.

Just an idea...Sorry for my poor english^^

Weekends maybe +6 for 4:00,,+6 for 5:00? ^^ Weekend cap 38.

and to the poster this does nothing on multis they may stay just logged in with the account and get the reward. it must be more like reward after finishing a game or mission and then as well taken away to run more accounts/games at the same time on the same computer

Edited by Asraiel

4 hours ago, Asraiel said:

i would add a premium membership for (depending on how much the ifrastructure costs: server, support, ect.) 20 € for 6-12 months with the only bonus u get is 2x BFP, 2x Gold, doubble market slots, doubble mailbox size. for those who want to be faster or support the project. but as said this goes into another topic!

I know this is your own opinion, but I think that there are a lot of people who think this is ridiculous... These two lines of text are basicly a complete guide on how to make the progression system in bfreborn even more shitty than it was in the old battleforge. This is forcing people to spend a lot of time and grind like hell, but saying you can just buy it instead. 

The way you say it, is getting 1 free booster pack each day, if you pay X amount of money for a premium membership. The price would be unfair anyway, 20 euro a year, means 365 extra boosterpacks for 20 euro. Thats literally what you suggest, to let people buy 365 boosterpacks for 20 euro.

Edit: Iam sorry if i accidentally took your words out of context or made you sound different than you want, but i can just not agree with this and not say anything

Edited by SilenceKiller99

@SilenceKiller99 thats perfectly fine i did post my view and for god sake theres no rule thats says everyone had to have the same

I am 100% against some ideas that have the content in it to just buy BFP for real money. that would be for me a go back to EA. the context yeah since its only an example with no fixed numbers, its kinda funny how much people does fokus on the numbers. but the idea behind it was more that you may get additional BFP but you can not spend 1000€ at ionce to buy BFP and as well you have to log in and do every 365 days as you mentioned it the daylie quest or so in order to get this daylie reward so if u let days out u dont get anyfing 2x0=0

2 minutes ago, Asraiel said:

@SilenceKiller99 thats perfectly fine i did post my view and for god sake theres no rule thats says everyone had to have the same

I am 100% against some ideas that have the content in it to just buy BFP for real money. that would be for me a go back to EA. the context yeah since its only an example with no fixed numbers, its kinda funny how much people does fokus on the numbers. but the idea behind it was more that you may get additional BFP but you can not spend 1000€ at ionce to buy BFP and as well you have to log in and do every 365 days as you mentioned it the daylie quest or so in order to get this daylie reward so if u let days out u dont get anyfing 2x0=0

If you say it like that, it definitely sounds better than infinitely throwing money into the game. Eventhough I dont like the whole money idea, you convinced me that his would be one of the better ways.

@SilenceKiller99

On 28.3.2017 at 0:13 AM, SilenceKiller99 said:

If you say it like that, it definitely sounds better than infinitely throwing money into the game. Eventhough I dont like the whole money idea, you convinced me that his would be one of the better ways.

did make many changes now in the topic in order to please the F2P gamers as well and in the same way than those who wanna pay a bit for server and invironment upkeep

Edited by Asraiel

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26.1.2018 at 11:57 PM, Tiger88 said:

2 questions, will the bfp per hour count time spent in the forge, trading and such or will it strictly count time spent in pve and pvp matches? Will we be able to reroll quests, for example once per day?

back in the days it would only reward you for playing in maps forge time and trading with ppl didn't count 

i think a hard cap on bfp/day is a interesting approach but im not sure if its the best one obviously most games do have hard caps on in game reward but they do offer ways to bypass those caps (pay money to get there faster thank you ea) 

Im not sure if measuring skylords against normal games is the right idea here exactly for this reason there is no way to pay for progress so why would we hard cap the playtime reward?

i think 3 quests a day is great tho.

Also for ppl arguing about keeping all palyers equal:

There is a reason why big companies when releasing new games don't reset after a open and sometimes even a closed beta (not saying we shouldn't reset in skylords because what we consider open beta is probably sort of open alpha in general :D) but modern release procedure  more often than not doesnt reset progress that often not only because this allows them to earn money faster (big reason ofc) but also they actually want players on different grinding levels  to motivate eachother.

Companies abuse the social environment  of the game in order to get palyers addicted and ultimately spend money on games. BUT the fact that this natural psychologically processes get abused doesn't mean we shouldn't rely on them  in order to create more motivation for the game. 

There is way more to add here but i think that's something, that  can be discussed at later stages.

Edited by Anonymos

I like the idea of "re-rolling" ; players won't feel cornered by the system. But of course, it comes at a moderate price with less earning...

I do hope that this system will work well, especially since players cannot downright buy BFP and dominate the auctions market. Still, with the beta coming HOPEFULLY at the end of the month, I think it is time to start thinking about setting amount for daily reward. There is one thing on my mind however : it is mentionned that the friend referral system will not give any tradeable rewards like cards, but if I remember correctly, in the old days of Battleforge, wasn't it one of the only way to create Promo cards ?(I'm not entirely sure of what I'm talking about, but I just want to know if anyone have considered ways of getting Promos in the game)

Still, good job, developers ! Keep up the hard work !

Edited by Alstar

9 minutes ago, Alstar said:

I like the idea of "re-rolling" ; players won't feel cornered by the system. But of course, it comes at a moderate price with less earning...

I do hope that this system will work well, especially since players cannot downright buy BFP and dominate the actions market. Still, with the beta coming HOPEFULLY at the end of the month, I think it is time to start thinking about setting amount for daily reward. There is one thing on my mind however : it is mentionned that the friend referral system will not give any tradeable rewards like cards, but if I remember correctly, in the old days of Battleforge, wasn't it one of the only way to create Promo cards ?(I'm not entirely sure of what I'm talking about, but I just want to know if anyone have considered ways of getting Promos in the game)

Still, good job, developers ! Keep up the hard work !

There will be the chance to get promos on the first card in a boosterpack. At least how it is currently handled. I think the proposed reward currently is 0.5% chance to get a promo. Depending on how open beta goes that rate is up to change obviously. Just be sure that the devs have thought of it :).

2 minutes ago, Treim said:

There will be the chance to get promos on the first card in a boosterpack. At least how it is currently handled. I think the proposed reward currently is 0.5% chance to get a promo. Depending on how open beta goes that rate is up to change obviously. Just be sure that the devs have thought of it :)

Thanks for letting me know :) Reading about the friend referral made me nervous for a second. I suppose I missed the info or didn't remembered it.

4 minutes ago, Alstar said:

Thanks for letting me know :) Reading about the friend referral made me nervous for a second. I suppose I missed the info or didn't remembered it.

Found it in a recent post:

Santa Claus and Easter Egg won't be in boosters. The rest will be, as we want promo cards to become more accessible to everyone without requiring to win a tournament. We may still give out promo cards for such purposes though, and they would be obtained faster.

The 0.5% is pretty experimental, but up to now has resulted in a decent ratio among testers. We aim to accelerate the process of obtaining rare items, more so than conventional games. Some items in games such as Unusuals in TF2 (1%), Legendaries in vanilla Overwatch (5%), or Ancient Legendaries in Diablo 3 (~2%) drop at higher rates, often with more frequent ways of obtaining them. 0.5% seems reasonable so far, especially considering the community size as of right now. But hey, if promos drop way too much, we may alter this for enjoyability's sake.

For the whole post:

On 06/02/2018 at 5:40 PM, A Potato in HD said:

Is .5% too high for a promo? I guess it depends entirely on how many boosters you can open in a week or so.

Man i had 0.325% chances of winning the giveaway and i still dont have it. I think its fine,  although it will be hard since its a promo card!

Oh and there were 30 giveaways till now? Idk but i think this number is fine, and a thing is that you can get rogan kayle promo which is not the best of the promos XD

Edited by Roguzf

55 minutes ago, Roguzf said:

Man i had 0.325% chances of winning the giveaway and i still dont have it. I think its fine,  although it will be hard since its a promo card!

Oh and there were 30 giveaways till now? Idk but i think this number is fine, and a thing is that you can get rogan kayle promo which is not the best of the promos XD

I just meant .5% might be too high depending on the booster open rate. But I have not been given access so I can't test it out :)

So 0.5% is 1 in every 200 boosters. Whether that's the right rate depends how rare promos are meant to be, how quickly we should be able to get boosters, and to some extent how many players there are. Obviously increasing player numbers increases both the number of promos that will appear and the demand for those promos so has a lesser effect, in which case we're looking at how long it should take to earn a booster and how many boosters it should take to build a solid deck.

If I need to open 50 boosters to get a good deck, chances of getting a promo in there are about 22%. If need 100 boosters, the chance goes up to just under 40% and if I need 150 then there's a 53% chance of getting a promo in them.

I guess at that point it comes down to how many boosters it is reasonable for people to open. If I'm opening 150 boosters per week then yeah it's probably too high. If it's 1 booster a day then that means about an 84% chance I get a promo within a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered BFP rewards for long term "achievements"? Like beating all PvE maps on Expert? Reaching Rank X on PvP? Play 1000 Expert PvE games? Win 1000 PvP games? Things which take takes a long time but can be completed one small piece at a time really gives good "motivation" to keep playing. Playing a game mode where there is a reward at the end of thousands of games gives a bit more "meaning", in my opinion.

What about implementing a cumulative daily reward system? For example on the first day of logging in you receive 1k gold for logging in for the first time. On the second day you get 5 bfp. On the 7th day you receive a common booster or 10 bfp. And on the 30th day you get an uncommon booster or 45 bfp, something like that. Since the game is going to rely on donations. I think winning the goodwill of the playerbase is extremely important. Otherwise the chance of the community crashlanding and only the hardline fans staying would be extremely high.

19 hours ago, Soldon said:

Cumulative reward system sounds interesting, however they can’t be for just logging in as that would greatly encourage multi accounting to get more daily rewards.

Also, the team has mentioned they don’t want the gap between people who play daily and casuals to get too large and I’m certain cumulative rewards will help to do that. All in all I think it could be a good idea if it is not too exaggerated rewards.

I didn't mean that the rewards should be big like rare and ultra rare boosters. But something moderate but meaningful to motivate the playerbase to log in. The only way to prevent multi-accounting is by using account bound retail keys. But since the game is meant to be played completely f2p, the exploitation of the system will always be an issue. It was an issue back when Battleforge became f2p and I don't think that's going to change.

Edited by Soldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Zyna changed the title to Proposal: Rewards
  • Zyna unpinned this topic