Proposal: Rewards

MrXLink

1 minute ago, kkrriiss said:

well rookie players play passive,as nature get good t4 its basicly win if it gets to that,there is just no win vs giant wyrm on that lvl of play if you dont have anything colse to that and its flying unit that doesnt help.i will definitly check out that tread ty.

Normally PvP matches don't go to T4, especially not in 1v1.

Honestly i think that here is one major point left out that changes the whole dynamic when this game goes online.

Most of the people that will play this game (at least in the very beginning) are veterans. A lot of people know at least some basics of the game, so there is no point in slowing down the progress this hard. Especially the people that want to get back up in the ladders are punished by this super hard and i do not support slowing down game progress even more. With the capped BFP system and gold getting untradable there are already enough possibilities to slow down progress. Also i do not think that a lot of people mind having a low deck lvl when playing PVP when they are beginners. If they feel like playing PVP i am almost certain they will - no matter if they have deck lvl 5 or 10.

9 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Normally PvP matches don't go to T4, especially not in 1v1.

3 minutes ago, Treim said:

Honestly i think that here is one major point left out that changes the whole dynamic when this game goes online.

Most of the people that will play this game (at least in the very beginning) are veterans. A lot of people know at least some basics of the game, so there is no point in slowing down the progress this hard. Especially the people that want to get back up in the ladders are punished by this super hard and i do not support slowing down game progress even more. With the capped BFP system and gold getting untradable there are already enough possibilities to slow down progress. Also i do not think that a lot of people mind having a low deck lvl when playing PVP when they are beginners. If they feel like playing PVP i am almost certain they will - no matter if they have deck lvl 5 or 10.

you guys got a point there.

19 minutes ago, kkrriiss said:

well rookie players play passive,as nature get good t4 its basicly win if it gets to that,there is just no win vs giant wyrm on that lvl of play if you dont have anything colse to that and its flying unit that doesnt help.i will definitly check out that tread ty.

I disagree with that. Most of the time PvP won't even reach tier 4 (so gaint worms will now be played much). But even when they are played, there are a lot of ways to counter it. I also don't agree with nature being the strongest in Tier 4, because it is just not true. If you could claim that one faction is the strongest in late game, I think it would rather be Lost Souls (shadow/frost mixup).

Just now, SilenceKiller99 said:

I disagree with that. Most of the time PvP won't even reach tier 4 (so gaint worms will now be played much). But even when they are played, there are a lot of ways to counter it. I also don't agree with nature being the strongest in Tier 4, because it is just not true. If you could claim that one faction is the strongest in late game, I think it would rather be Lost Souls (shadow/frost mixup).

there is no lost souls in starter cards from what i know. anyway they already cleared me on that one

18 hours ago, kkrriiss said:

I can definatly tell you that going T4 in PvP is always the least choice and leaves you with a disadvantage.

That being said, nature is NOT the best choice with a starter deck it is actually the worse of all colours. 

The only thing will be that fire/nature and shadow/frost will dominate the meta even more since those two decks have the cheapest requirements, are one of the best decks and already contain many cards in the starter deck. 

• 4 weeks later...

in pvp t4 is only an extreme for new player cause all the vet. players know what to go straight for for me was lord cyrian but the 4th monument could men u can use a different attribute

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Saim25 said:

Love the daily quest system! 

Do you know how many bfp each player can earn a day?

I think the current proposal is a soft-cap system. Therefor there's not really any limit but after a certain amount you'll start earn less and less each day. This system would be in place so that hard grinders don't gain too much of an advantage over casual players but still enough to go through the effort. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great read. I think I prefer the soft cap even though I might not play for more than 3 hours a day. Does the soft cap continue to decrease BFP earned per 30m all the way to zero or would there be a minimum?

32 minutes ago, Konsalor said:

Do i have to be in a match for that time or just in the forge?

i guess the problem is that for some people the definition of playing is trading, meaning being in the Forge.

8 minutes ago, Konsalor said:

Hmm probably i should just ask this tomorrow since it seems not to be clear.

Or are you certain about it?

I guess you can ask just to be sure. I also don't know the answer to it.

21 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

i guess the problem is that for some people the definition of playing is trading, meaning being in the Forge.

I can agree on that as for speedrunners the time inbetween can be viewed as playtime as well. When creating new strategies or tweaking existent once for especially multiplayer maps there is quiet a lot of theorycrafting and coordination necassery to pull that off. That is especially true for maps that are a bit harder to beat. Especially some of the rPvE lost souls maps require multiple hours of simply just talking, explaining and theorycrafting.

I doubt that it is possible very easily to make the system be able to differ between just sitting in the forge or doing something like this though.

1 hour ago, ThomasMann said:

A pretty harsh one would be win 3 PvP matches, cause i really can't do PvP, I only played PvP 3 times... 3 losses

Well, you can only get better, and you will face people your skill level( hopefully) so it wont be that you cant win any :P Besides it will have a system like hearthstone where you can "reroll" your quest to get a generic quest (completable) in all modes.

1 minute ago, Ultrakool said:

Well, you can only get better, and you will face people your skill level( hopefully) so it wont be that you cant win any :P Besides it will have a system like hearthstone where you can "reroll" your quest to get a quest from another category or a generic quest (completable) in all modes.

hope will prevail, thanks Ultrakool 

3 hours ago, ThomasMann said:

A pretty harsh one would be win 3 PvP matches, cause i really can't do PvP, I only played PvP 3 times... 3 losses

If you face people with the same level of skill/deck/experience, it will probably be a 1:1 lose to win ratio. This means you have to play 6 games on average to win 3. Considering that a PvP match will costs you about 10 to 30 minutes (20 min avarage i guess), means you have to spent 2 full hours in PvP to accomplish the mission.

Nothing wrong with for me, cause I would enjoy PvP, but maybe a bit much for people that do not enjoy it or just don't wanna play PvP or so.

2 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

If you face people with the same level of skill/deck/experience, it will probably be a 1:1 lose to win ratio. This means you have to play 6 games on average to win 3. Considering that a PvP match will costs you about 10 to 30 minutes (20 min avarage i guess), means you have to spent 2 full hours in PvP to accomplish the mission.

Nothing wrong with for me, cause I would enjoy PvP, but maybe a bit much for people that do not enjoy it or just don't wanna play PvP or so.

I guess they could make so it requires completing 3 matches instead of winning. I'm a PvE player myself and do not particularly enjoy PvP but completing 2-3 PvP matches is doable, winning them is another story.

Another aspect I am not fond of is rerolling. Why should rerolling result in a penalty of 25%? You are penalizing players for not being a PvPer/PvEer? Some people do not have a nack for PvP and penalizing them for such a think is not a fair treatment. Think of HS, rerolling does not cost you anything, even though it is mostly preferential rerolling, not skill based.

1 hour ago, Sylo said:

Another aspect I am not fond of is rerolling. Why should rerolling result in a penalty of 25%? You are penalizing players for not being a PvPer/PvEer? Some people do not have a nack for PvP and penalizing them for such a think is not a fair treatment. Think of HS, rerolling does not cost you anything, even though it is mostly preferential rerolling, not skill based.

Besides, as mentioned in Link's thread, there will be 3 quests: Generic Type quests, PvP quests and PvE quests. Each member will receive 1 quest of each type per day and you can reroll one quest with a 25% penalty to a Generic Type quest. Imagine I absolutely hate PvP and never ever want to do a PvP quest. Chances are I will always reroll the PvP quest into a Generic type quest, which is a quest that can be completed within any gamemode. Besides of me having a more enjoyable experience completing the quest, I will also receive 75% of that quest instead of 0% (assuming I don't complete that quest since it's a PvP quest). Since the amount of PvP quests is the same as PvE quests this also applies to PvE players, meaning that instead of receiving nothing you still receive 75%. This system does in no way penalize PvP players more than PvE players, or vise versa, since the rerolled quest is a Generic type quest, which can be completed within any gamemode.

Edited by Ladadoos

53 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

If people could reroll for free members would most likely keep rerolling until they got that one mission that they always choose. I believe the reason behind this penalty is to make sure people don't always just aim for 1 mission and to slightly force some variation into the quests a player completes. If reroll was free you might as well just give members a list with all the quests and give them the option to choose a few quests out of that list and remove the reroll system as a whole, since it removes the thrill of receiving a random quest. 

Besides, as mentioned in Link's thread, there will be 3 quests: Generic Type quests, PvP quests and PvE quests. Each member will receive 1 quest of each type per day and you can reroll one quest with a 25% penalty to a Generic Type quest. Imagine I absolutely hate PvP and never ever want to do a PvP quest. Chances are I will always reroll the PvP quest into a Generic type quest, which is a quest that can be completed within any gamemode. Besides of me having a more enjoyable experience completing the quest, I will also receive 75% of that quest instead of 0% (assuming I don't complete that quest since it's a PvP quest). Since the amount of PvP quests is the same as PvE quests this also applies to PvE players, meaning that instead of receiving nothing you still receive 75%. This system does in no way penalize PvP players more than PvE players, or vise versa, since the rerolled quest is a Generic type quest, which can be completed within any gamemode.

Maybe the way I thought of it was wrong. I thought you could only reroll once so if I get 3 quests per day, I can only reroll one of the three quests once only, thus no unlimited rerolling, but please correct me if I am wrong.

• Zyna changed the title to Proposal: Rewards
  • Zyna unpinned this topic