Proposal: Rewards

MrXLink

You should give us 3 daily quests in the beginning but than change it to get 1 daily quest every day so not 3 everyday :). It would make it more balanced I think.

How would it make it more balanced ? One of the main reasons to have multiple quests is, besides making it a bit more easier to earn BFP, so that every player type gets a quest they like, I think. PvE quest is mainly for PvE players, PvP for PvP players, and generic ones for everyone. If you would only have PvP quests for example, all the PvE would not like it. Nonetheless, I would like to hear your opinion more detailed first.

Its not only that. Reducing the amount of quests would handicap anyone that is getting new into the game 

I have a doubt even when EA was running battleforge playing pvp was hard and now there are not many players to start with,so if a new player intends to join the game and he has a quest to complete a pvp match he has a normal deck and as the player base is less he either gets matched either very good players or no match at all either do to low player base and so experience will not be good and he will not want to play pvp again so what to you think should be done on this issue for daily rewards?

I have a doubt even when EA was running battleforge playing pvp was hard and now there are not many players to start with,so if a new player intends to join the game and he has a quest to complete a pvp match he has a normal deck and as the player base is less he either gets matched either very good players or no match at all either do to low player base and so experience will not be good and he will not want to play pvp again so what to you think should be done on this issue for daily rewards?

The thing is to play and create diversity of games (PvP, PvE), winning is not always the target

And if you are talking about matchmaking issues (which I agree with, there are some), there are, in my opinion, 2 solutions

- playing when a lot of people are active to higher your chances of an equal opponent

- sharing and getting more people to this game so overall more people will be active at all times, thus lowering the chances of getting an extremly unfair/worthless opponent

the problem of pvp was that it wasen't balanced, I was extremely bad in pvp and I wasvs extremely strong people... I could have a deck lvl 30 or 40 and be vs a 113 lvl deck and a guy with alot of experience and it was extremely anoying

the problem of pvp was that it wasen't balanced, I was extremely bad in pvp and I wasvs extremely strong people... I could have a deck lvl 30 or 40 and be vs a 113 lvl deck and a guy with alot of experience and it was extremely anoying

The matching system itself was not the problem. The problem was the playerbase. The longer you wait for a ranked PvP match, the higher the chances are you either get matched with a player that's way better than you or way worse. Since Battleforge had a low playerbase, players weren't getting matched to an equal opponent. The solution is to get more skylords in the game.

Anyways, this is starting to go off-topic. Back to the reward system.

yeah but alot of pleople leaved batle forge because it was a pay to win, now that it will be free I think we'll have much more people and I also think we sould all shave with every player we know this game ^^

That pay to win is something I question. Maybe I was lucky, but I had almost all the cards from the game and toons of BFP just by trading. I was able to beat all expert maps and even solo most of them. I never got into PvP because I didn't like it that much. Anwyays, perhaps I was just lucky with my trades.

Nonetheless, now that everything is free and no one can buy BFP, it should be way more fair for everyone and it will depend more on skill.

On one had the free to play was very fair and on the other it was very unfair. There was nothing a free to play player could not get. Imagine if there were extra deckslots you would have had to buy (only with real money!) or any other cracy stuff you find in other games. At least you could get the paid currency via trading (not allowed in other games, not even in "trading" card games). However, it took forever and for instance pvp was entirely unplayable until you spent like half a year in the game doing pve and trading. You just got stomped or ran out of charges. So much fun...

I am agree that battleforge Was a pay to win, but,like @ladadoos ,  I never spent a sent and I had a very nice deck (it not was the Best,  but it Was enough for me) 

it was more a 'pay-to-have-a-fair-match' game. It was possible to compensate lack of cards with skill, however in order to get a match on equal footing you (almost) had to pay.

I need to admit, I didn't read all proposal, but a good set of it. Great thinkings, great ideas, great job.

Even without knowing how to cover best, it would be great if even players which are not able to play that frequently (and if they play, maybe just an hour) will not lose track, because their decks are not stade-of-the-art. In the past some of them just bought BF-points to keep track, however as this will not be possible for bfreborn there should be an alternative for such set of players, to keep them coming back.

Maybe such player I just referenced to are people like myself and unfort. I cannot spent a lot of time during the week.

Admittedly, people who can't (or haven't got time to) complete daily quests and/or play ~3 hours a day will fall farther and farther behind. Unfortunately the snowball effect won't only come from skill gaps that is normal in games - where playing more makes you better, therefore you're able to complete e.g. daily quests faster - but also from actual time spent in game, as it's another major form of BFp income.

I've put a proposal forward to give BFp to people who donate toward server costs. Nothing major, just to give them an alternative way of keeping up with others who've a lot more time on their hands or are more skilled / are able to complete all daily quests.

Perhaps an opportunity to 'buy out' a daily quest for a Euro or two etc. but don't think that's possible.

@Ilsyde It was already stated that you won't be able to gain any kind of advantage or currency by donating. If they do give a reward to donators it will be solely a cosmetic one or the like. This was mentioned on the stream.

Also I don't think we will be able to completely negate the problem @Twinson mentioned. By implementing a soft cap it might be improved but not solved. Other than that it is just not possible as we can't determine how much time a certain individual got every week to play. But it is the same with other games, especially MMO's and I don't see a problem with it anywhere else. Of course you can often spend money to skip forward but there are also cases where that isn't possible and it is not a problem there.

I've put a proposal forward to give BFp to people who donate toward server costs. Nothing major, just to give them an alternative way of keeping up with others who've a lot more time on their hands or are more skilled / are able to complete all daily quests.

Perhaps an opportunity to 'buy out' a daily quest for a Euro or two etc. but don't think that's possible.

That is literally the same as buying bfp. Giving money to server upkeep or charity in exchange for bfp doesnt make it a donation as it contradicts the word in its essence. I personally had started a topic regarding the softcap system and it got some good perspectives with the support and extra ideas of other forum members.

Regarding the casual gamers appart from the softcap system and the dailies we cant do much at this time. Game is made as casual friendly as possible without giving a great advantage to multyaccounting. Now it is up to the player to keep the tasks done. 

Edited by RayG

@Ilsyde It was already stated that you won't be able to gain any kind of advantage or currency by donating. If they do give a reward to donators it will be solely a cosmetic one or the like. This was mentioned on the stream.

It was mentioned on the forum as well (which why I said it's not a possibility) but a lot of things are subject to change.

Twinson brought up a valid issue worth discussing, especially while the reward mechanics are being developed. One of the main problems will be the small, segregated playerbase needing an attractive progression system to grow to - and most importantly maintain - a healthy number. Especially if players are lead to endeavour in game modes they dislike just to get enough rewards to keep them afloat. Which MMOs don't tend to do, or rely on a large playerbase instead.

Perhaps you're right and we won't find a way to bridge this gap, though it might end up concerning more and more players which justifies safety measures. I fully understand where the BFR team is coming from (legal issues etc.) however once you decided to accept and take money for the game, you then fall into another bracket. You can't prove that 'donations' are only spent on server costs, unless you rent the server directly through EA for transparency. At any rate, I highlighted this subject enough times now and am drifting off topic... My apologies.

Especially if players are lead to endeavour in game modes they dislike just to get enough rewards to keep them afloat. Which MMOs don't tend to do, or rely on a large playerbase instead.

I still think they should enable players to be able to choose only PvE daily quests, etc. Although this time I will be active not only in PvE but starting with PvP as well, generally it is just annoying when games try to force you to play every mode they got. Some people simply don't like PvP and for others it's PvE. Noone is really "forced" to play both but you have to take a massive disadvantage if you don't. Even with the quest reset you get once per day is bothersome as you do have the chance to get a quest for the same game mode you didn't want.

For the casual gamer problem this won't help in any way though.

• MrXLink unfeatured this topic

Up to 9 quests will be allowed to stack up, so you could leave the game for 3 days and not miss out on any Daily Quest rewards.

Does this also mean that if not playing for 2-3 days, I might end up with several copies of the or similar quests (e.g. 'play a 4 player PvE map' or 'play 3 PvE maps') and could just complete said requirement once, in order to gain all rewards associated with each quest? Or would all 9 quests be unique, or to be completed individually - which might take quite a while?

I have one more question: will the dayly quests be the same for all players or will each player have a different set of quests? Everyone having the same quests would result in more players playing ceratin maps and modes so you might have an easyer time finding other players (finding players in tome pvp or 12 player maps), but this might mean that it will be harder to find anyone in any other mode (for instance: quest is 1v1 pvp ranked -> fewer players in 2v2 ranked).

I have one more question: will the dayly quests be the same for all players or will each player have a different set of quests? Everyone having the same quests would result in more players playing ceratin maps and modes so you might have an easyer time finding other players (finding players in tome pvp or 12 player maps), but this might mean that it will be harder to find anyone in any other mode (for instance: quest is 1v1 pvp ranked -> fewer players in 2v2 ranked).

I think the quests will be different at "random" for each player, so ,exactly as you said, people won't stack up to play the same things. Not confirmed though, just a guess

Does this mean you've abandoned the idea of re-rolling for a standard quest, or is that still being discussed?

Quote from the original post: " In order to give a little freedom in case a player doesn't like a quest, one quest can be re-rolled per day. This re-roll will result in the non-preferred quest to be exchanged for a random other quest from the Generic type, but will only net the player 75% of the BFP reward they would have been able to obtain by completing the original quest. " 

Is this not what you mean ?

If my memory serves me right, everyone will receive different quests, as said by Hawk in a Team Speak conversation. There were a few more members present during the conversation, so they can confirm this.

• Zyna changed the title to Proposal: Rewards
  • Zyna unpinned this topic