Best Player for Each Faction

Eirias

So we've debated for a long time who the best player of all time was. But who was the best player for each faction (only considering the current metagame)?

This way we're comparing apples to apples. It would also be nice if you guys just listed people who were among the best at each faction (so I know who to ask for help on what section of my guide).

To start, I'll propose MaranV as the best stonekin player (with honorable mention to xAragornx)

xHighTech as the best twilight player (honorable mention to myself and FarRock)

Freemka as the best pure frost player (honorable mention to Morathyls).

Dekka as the best pure nature player (honorable mention to beijinguy)

TBPeti as the best shadow nature player.

xTakerx as one of the best pure fire players.

Matos as one of the best pure shadow players.

LagOps as one of the best bandit players.

Hirooo and CDKillroy as some of the best players in general (did CD main a deck? I don't think Hirooo did)

RadicalX as one of the best lost souls players.

Who else? Or do you think someone else deserves the title of the best of a particular faction?

Edited by Eirias

@Eirias

Twilight : WTF NO, Farrock is by far better he deserve more than a a honorable mention kappa

Streetking for best Fire/Frost.

Bandit :  There is a lot player that doesnt main pure bandit and play better. Make a honorable mention or take it off but there is no top player for now to represent bandit.

Pure fire : If we dont count cdkillroy. I would say drakonz. If we count performance in 1v1 and 2v2, then bubbaloo. I can even name lineQ, darkravenCZ or schokopeace that perform better in my opinion.

Stonekin : people like to compare me to MaranV. Yea he kinda beat me in 1v1 and loose in 2v2. But do you realize we have just 5 commun cards and a opposed style play?

@Eirias

Twilight : WTF NO, Farrock is by far better he deserve more than a a honorable mention kappa

Streetking for best Fire/Frost.

Bandit :  There is a lot player that doesnt main pure bandit and play better. Make a honorable mention or take it off but there is no top player for now to represent bandit.

Pure fire : If we dont count cdkillroy. I would say drakonz. If we count performance in 1v1 and 2v2, then bubbaloo. I can even name lineQ, darkravenCZ or schokopeace that perform better in my opinion.

Stonekin : people like to compare me to MaranV. Yea he kinda beat me in 1v1 and loose in 2v2. But do you realize we have just 5 commun cards and a opposed style play?

Erm . . . I don't think I would be remiss in claiming to be better than FarRock... or was that a joke?

Yeah, that's why I just mentioned LagOps as "One" of the best bandits. Equivalent to honorable mention, except nobody to actually take the spotlight.

What was cdkillroy's main? Were any of those guys primarily pure fire (and I'd say 80% counts 1v1, 20% counts 2v2).

Yeah, I know you and MaranV have nothing in common. Still play the same faction though :) Your 5 common cards... surge of light, roots, hurricane, burrower, curse of oink, stone shards, homesoil, ice barrier...wait that's more than 5...for sure SoL, roots, burrower, oink, stone shards.

Erm . . . I don't think I would be remiss in claiming to be better than FarRock... or was that a joke?

Yeah, that's why I just mentioned LagOps as "One" of the best bandits. Equivalent to honorable mention, except nobody to actually take the spotlight.

What was cdkillroy's main? Were any of those guys primarily pure fire (and I'd say 80% counts 1v1, 20% counts 2v2).

Yeah, I know you and MaranV have nothing in common. Still play the same faction though :) Your 5 common cards... surge of light, roots, hurricane, burrower, curse of oink, stone shards, homesoil, ice barrier...wait that's more than 5...for sure SoL, roots, burrower, oink, stone shards.

I don't play all those cards. My deck is variable. Not sure but maranV prefer cyromage instead of hurricane.

There are other players who could beat me in a 1v1 with bandits, but they would not win because they are "better" with the faction, but because they have better micro management in general and just force and win a tier 1 fight. I feel like i should still be on the list beacuse noone really actively played bandits as much as i did and i doubt there are many players who have the same lvl of understanding regarding the bandits fcation as i do. Maybe add me as honorable mention if you don't want me to be mentioned as "one of the best" (i realised you wrote "one of the best" there and not "the best" like with some other mentions, so i guess that would be correct then), i would be fine with that.

please tell me you're joking about Farrock - nothing personal against him!! Love him!

Also mentioning yourself before players like obesity seems out of order...

Well, honorable mention just means someone I would trust to help me write that particular section on the guide. That would usually be someone who is well known for exclusively playing a particular deck, which I think FarRock qualifies for. He has the knowledge, if not the performance under pressure. I didn't know Obesity played fire-nat; that's what this thread is for :)

I mentioned myself because I wrote the section on fire-nat, so of course I trust myself to do it:)

Let the flame begin. NomNom

I dont think that any of this players are able to take the title "best pure fire player" if i was able to beat them every single time in a pure fire mirror.

They are maybe one of the strongest pure fire players but definitly not the bests.

cDKiLLrOy played the best pure fire and fire t1 in the "last years" of BF with distance - before he started to play pure shadow.

In this position hiroo would take the title as best s/f player in the last years.

RadicalX stays an old but gold player with good skills and great understandings for every combination of colours

if we think a bit further back then DragonDave would take the title "most successful pure frost player" and Obesity w/ F/N and maybe S/N

Thats my optinion and a fact in my eyes.

Everyone has his own opinion and i respect it.

greetz

• 2 weeks later...

FarRock as one of teh Best Fire/Nature palyers is a joke no? Nothing against farRock, but even I could beat him with fire/nature, and it wasn't even my main deck... Eirias you i don't know as well.. i just remember when playing in 2013 from time to time there were no rals strong Matchups anymore.. ( i mean maran was first in the rankingings.... and by the way i would say TheSi(c)kaleon were at least equaly strong with Stonekin as maran was... (Nothing against MaranV, he had lots of Experience, but he always just played the same shit over and over again for 3 years or something..).

I Played the game from Decembre 2009 till end 2012 on a daily base (with half a yar of break in between) and from time to time casualy in 2013, and i would say that the 2013 Rankings are in no way representative ...

Edited by Nachtalb

FarRock as one of teh Best Fire/Nature palyers is a joke no? Nothing against farRock, but even I could beat him with fire/nature, and it wasn't even my main deck... Eirias you i don't know as well.. i just remember when playing in 2013 from time to time there were no rals strong Matchups anymore.. ( i mean maran was first in the rankingings.... and by the way i would say TheSi(c)kaleon were at least equaly strong with Stonekin as maran was... (Nothing against MaranV, he had lots of Experience, but he always just played the same shit over and over again for 3 years or something..).

I Played the game from Decembre 2009 till end 2012 on a daily base (with half a yar of break in between) and from time to time casualy in 2013, and i would say that the 2013 Rankings are in no way representative ...

As far as i remember ranked was only dead after the announcement that battleforge will be shut down. So the first half of the year there was still some good players in 1vs1 ranked.

Only in 2vs2 it was really hard to find good opponents a few of month before this announcement, especially some which had some elo^^

@Aragorn Thank you.

@Nachtalb The honorable mention goes for someone who is "famous" throughout the community for their deck. LagOps himself has admitted that he's not the best bandit player, but when I think of a player who does bandits, LagOps immediately leaps to mind far before any other player. FarRock has his faults, sure, but he was probably the most well-known player among noobs--and he was more than capable of giving fire-nature advice to them. Actually, since he made such an effort about educating noobs, I'd imagine he would be a better person to write a beginner's guide than, say, xHighTech. Even though xHighTech is the much better player, he would probably give advice too complicated for beginners and forget things like "don't let the opponent get a wall up around your wells."

The real goal of this thread is to see who are the best players for each faction who can help me edit/write my deck building guide. And if I weren't a fire/nature player myself, I'd be PM'ing xHighTech and FarRock. And they're more than welcome to pitch in if they want (anyone is).

So yeah, who are other candidates for "best" or "honorable mentions?"

Ok sorry guys, i got it. Pls let us be friends again ok? ;)

I realy didn't mean to attack ANYONE personally, sometimes it is just the language barrier, english is not my mother tongue but i try my best. sometimes I'll maybe have to read twice. (but the biggest problem here is that the non-english-native-speakers (yes, you can build words like that in german...;) )  have some disadvantage in expressing theirselves to the point).

I think you should just go with all the good PvPers here in the forums and ask them for overviewing your guide and share their thoughts, there allready are some here.

If i find some time i realy would like to help you in your guide as well.. what i realy miss is fire/frost in lots of guides and threats btw.. i maybe can contribute something here, but i have some decent overview of pvp and its mechanics in total as well (though not on the level as Guys like Hiroo, Hightech or others), so i am definitely have a look a t your guide  and share my thoughts.

Edited by Nachtalb

Ok sorry guys, i got it. Pls let us be friends again ok? ;)

I realy didn't mean to attack ANYONE personally, sometimes it is just the language barrier, english is not my mother tongue but i try my best. sometimes I'll maybe have to read twice. (but the biggest problem here is that the non-english-native-speakers (yes, you can build words like that in german...;) )  have some disadvantage in expressing theirselves to the point).

I think you should just go with all the good PvPers here in the forums and ask them for overviewing your guide and share their thoughts, there allready are some here.

If i find some time i realy would like to help you in your guide as well.. what i realy miss is fire/frost in lots of guides and threats btw.. i maybe can contribute something here, but i have some decent overview of pvp and its mechanics in total as well (though not on the level as Guys like Hiroo, Hightech or others), so i am definitely have a look a t your guide  and share my thoughts.

No worries :)

Yeah, I know players like @RadicalX have already commented in general. I'll ask again when I'm finished, but I don't really know who to ask for things like the deck evolution part. I think people like xHighTech or Hirooo have had their decks so long they maybe don't remember what they started with as a noob, and what changes they made that helped fix it.

No worries :)

Yeah, I know players like @RadicalX have already commented in general. I'll ask again when I'm finished, but I don't really know who to ask for things like the deck evolution part. I think people like xHighTech or Hirooo have had their decks so long they maybe don't remember what they started with as a noob, and what changes they made that helped fix it.

http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/838-range-cliffing-standpoint/&page=3/#comment-26838

How to learn that skills?

replay-analyses + analyse your mistakes &  good moves + practise.

Thats everything.

http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/838-range-cliffing-standpoint/&page=3/#comment-26838

How to learn that skills?

replay-analyses + analyse your mistakes &  good moves + practise.

Thats everything.

Yes, well my guide specifically focuses on your "deck knowledge" point. It's a guide about how to build a deck for each faction. Since I've never actually built say, a pure nature or shadow frost deck, my knowledge in those matchups comes entirely from the opposing point of view. Hence why I'd like to outsource certain sections to players with more deck knowledge in a particular faction than I have.

• 1 month later...

I'm saddened that only Freemka was considered for Pure-Frost. In my time I don't remember seeing him at top, I played against him once and won.

I'm not saying I was better, but maybe I am. My time was just short and freemka was freaking famous. Just give me an honourable mention :D

I'm saddened that only Freemka was considered for Pure-Frost. In my time I don't remember seeing him at top, I played against him once and won.

I'm not saying I was better, but maybe I am. My time was just short and freemka was freaking famous. Just give me an honourable mention :D

Hey! I remember you :). I never actually played against Freemka so I didn't know how your skills compared to His Legendariness :)

So we've debated for a long time who the best player of all time was. But who was the best player for each faction (only considering the current metagame)?

This way we're comparing apples to apples. It would also be nice if you guys just listed people who were among the best at each faction (so I know who to ask for help on what section of my guide).

To start, I'll propose MaranV as the best stonekin player (with honorable mention to xAragornx)

xHighTech as the best twilight player (honorable mention to myself and FarRock)

Freemka as the best pure frost player.

Dekka as the best pure nature player (honorable mention to beijinguy)

TBPeti as the best shadow nature player.

xTakerx as one of the best pure fire players.

Matos as one of the best pure shadow players.

LagOps as one of the best bandit players.

Hirooo and CDKillroy as some of the best players in general (did CD main a deck? I don't think Hirooo did)

RadicalX as one of the best lost souls players.

Who else? Or do you think someone else deserves the title of the best of a particular faction?

xTakerx was not close to be the best Pure Fire player only one of the most known (sorry taker). Killroy, Obesity, Flameworkz all where closer at the title best Fire Player.

TBPeti just no. There where Keksmonster and some other better Shadow/Nature players

I wouldnt call Matos one of the best Pure Shadow Players (sorry mate). Ribby was quite good and even against him i won each mirror. But later on there was a strong Pure Shadow player but didnt remind the name.

LagOps was also far away from beeing the best Bandits Player. Obesity, DeChris, Hirooo all play a strong Bandits.

RadicalX was quite good, but Hirooo was better. 

Im sure also i forget some Players that where far better for each fraction but on this lists are Players i wouldnt even mentioned as "on of the best" Players, they are only most famous.

Edited by ImperatorSK

Well at least for me freemka was more known for his aggravating playstile around towering himself in with iceshieldtowers.

Best pure frost player probably dragondave.

xTakerx was not close to be the best Pure Fire player only one of the most known (sorry taker). Killroy, Obesity, Flameworkz all where closer at the title best Fire Player.

TBPeti just no. There where Keksmonster and some other better Shadow/Nature players

I wouldnt call Matos one of the best Pure Shadow Players (sorry mate). Ribby was quite good and even against him i won each mirror. But later on there was a strong Pure Shadow player but didnt remind the name.

LagOps was also far away from beeing the best Bandits Player. Obesity, DeChris, Hirooo all play a strong Bandits.

RadicalX was quite good, but Hirooo was better. 

Im sure also i forget some Players that where far better for each fraction but on this lists are Players i wouldnt even mentioned as "good" Players, they are only most famous.

Where these players all active in the last metagame? I'm pretty sure @Hirooo's suggestion of DragonDave was an earlier player (but maybe I'm wrong). Also thought Keksmonster was inactive during the last patch...

I've never heard of Ribby. Did DeChris main bandits? I'm trying to get a list of the best players that were known for maining a specific deck, and where active in the last patch (so they are familiar with how something like a stormsinger buff affected deck building, etc.)