Fire/Frost deck

Lyrish

Well i think the Tier 2 is mostly about shielded drakes and scythefiends.( units with string attack but not the besteht defence). And also about gold defending with Kobold and glaciershield. ;)  and of course a little crowd control with coldsnap. 

If you want to attack at different Bades with Swift units, i think fire nature would be better...

Against some Factions Shield-Drakes/Shield-Fiends are useless. They are very strong vs pure fire and good vs Fire/Nature but useless vs Frost for example. So the T2 is NOT only about shielded units. It depends very much on the deck of your enemy.

What IS important for Fire/Frost is a strong and long T1, to build up the enrgy flow for the expensive Units to keep constant pressure on the enemy in t2. If you play with mounty, the T2 is all about mounty, but if you play without you need to know how you have to fight different decks. Beware Lost Souls and Stonekin Mass-Unit-Tactics.. both matchups are Autoloose in T2 if you have no advantage from T1 and dont keep the pressure on your enemy.

Attacking different Bases is crucial with fire/frost in many matchups. Of course Fire/Nature may be BETTER for it, still with rageclaws it is possible and often important to attack on more than one point during T2.

All i say is for 1vs1, not 2vs2 where fire/frost decks often differ a lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuTHROLtLY0 Here is a replay of me vs Pure frost, where u can see that T2 is all about Rageclaws + Drakes in this Matchup...  the replay is not realy good, don't ask me why pizzapuul didn't use any frostmage at all and i made a lot of crude decisions during t2 as well. (and never mind Bruce Lees commentary here, he is talking a bit like a sleeping pill and messed up the Speech-Tracks on one point and didnt get one of the most interesting scenes of the match, nonetheless he did ok). This replay is pre-stormsinger buff, that's why i dont use her. Nevertheless, there are many matchups and situations where shield drake is NOT viable or efficient, same goes for shield-scythe... it is strong but it is not overall OP gamebreaking or something. Shielddrake is 180 Power... and you need a reliable ground unit to make it usefull in adition...

Edited by Nachtalb

• 1 month later...

Only usefull in decks with a nature splash :) 

Brannoc was actually decent in Fire/Frost if you chose to play the timeless/silverwind/tremor T3. Since Fire Frost has no XL counter Brannoc would cover up a huge weakness (Tremor will still work as your main basenuke because Fire Frost doesn't have the best support for Brannoc). If you play Giant Slayer T3 he is not really strong.

Aside from that I agree Brannoc was only really useful with good support, I played him pretty much only in Fire Nature, since i don't see a reason to run a XL in shadow nature, because LW/Unholy power were pretty useless here, pure Nature had Mo & Stonekin has on of the strongest XL nukes in T3.

Against some Factions Shield-Drakes/Shield-Fiends are useless. They are very strong vs pure fire and good vs Fire/Nature but useless vs Frost for example. So the T2 is NOT only about shielded units. It depends very much on the deck of your enemy.

What IS important for Fire/Frost is a strong and long T1, to build up the enrgy flow for the expensive Units to keep constant pressure on the enemy in t2. If you play with mounty, the T2 is all about mounty, but if you play without you need to know how you have to fight different decks. Beware Lost Souls and Stonekin Mass-Unit-Tactics.. both matchups are Autoloose in T2 if you have no advantage from T1 and dont keep the pressure on your enemy.

I disagree with shielded units ever being useless in any matchup of fire frost.

The early t2 is often the best timing for shielded drake and scythfiends to get valuable trades against s/f or stonekin.

Mounti gives good scaling with longer t1s but generally a not super long t1 benefits fire frost more although a short one might end up being an autolose against certain match ups since basecompositions tend to be a bit more costly compared to other decks.

Playing against pure Frost is great with rageclaws but shielded drakes work fine on every map that allows to position against gravity surge.

• 3 years later...

Hello guys,
I am currently playing a fire / frost deck and need your help. I still have one slot free. I know it's not the strongest fraction but I love the deck; ). I play these cards:

T1: Scavenger, Sunstriders, Thugs, Sunderer, Firesworn, Eruption

T2: Skyfire Drake, Lava Field, Ravage, Scythe Fiends, Kobold Trick, Glacier Shell, Storm Singer, Frost Bite, Frost Sorceress, Coldsnap, Rageclaws

T3: Sun Reaver, Giant Slayer

I would possibly still Gladiatrix or Shield Building? What would be better?

Best regards

IDonZalog

12 hours ago, IDonZalog said:

Hello guys,
I am currently playing a fire / frost deck and need your help. I still have one slot free. I know it's not the strongest fraction but I love the deck; ). I play these cards:

T1: Scavenger, Sunstriders, Thugs, Sunderer, Firesworn, Eruption

T2: Skyfire Drake, Lava Field, Ravage, Scythe Fiends, Kobold Trick, Glacier Shell, Storm Singer, Frost Bite, Frost Sorceress, Coldsnap, Rageclaws

T3: Sun Reaver, Giant Slayer

I would possibly still Gladiatrix or Shield Building? What would be better?

Best regards

IDonZalog

probably storm singer actually?

But tbh timeless one, silverwind, and tremors are probably a better t3.

7 hours ago, IDonZalog said:

I have Storm singer  in my deck. Why is the T3 better? Can you explain why? Thank you for an answer; )

Regards

IDonZalg

Oh,sorry, must have missed it.

Giant slayers are (possibly) the best 1-card t3, because they're fast, can spread out over many places, and rush quickly. They can also easily be supported by spells, but that's a bit more useful in fire-nature than fire frost. GS are not so good at high power levels though.

However, timeless one is a super strong card because of its defensive abilities. That lets you last into very high power levels. Silverwind lancers are similar to giant slayers, but with more health and lower damage. Tremors are good for the high dps.

Sun reaver < Virtuoso << tremor

Silverwind lancers < giant slayers (barely)

Plus the benefit of timeless one.

19 hours ago, Eirias said:

Oh,sorry, must have missed it.

Giant slayers are (possibly) the best 1-card t3, because they're fast, can spread out over many places, and rush quickly. They can also easily be supported by spells, but that's a bit more useful in fire-nature than fire frost. GS are not so good at high power levels though.

However, timeless one is a super strong card because of its defensive abilities. That lets you last into very high power levels. Silverwind lancers are similar to giant slayers, but with more health and lower damage. Tremors are good for the high dps.

Sun reaver < Virtuoso << tremor

Silverwind lancers < giant slayers (barely)

Plus the benefit of timeless one.

Hey, thank you for the answer ; ) .

I will try it.

regards

IDonZalog