Fire/Frost deck

Lyrish

I remember me playing a fire/Frost Deck in pvp ;) but i dont know exactly which cards where in it. I had this idea:

Sunstriders, Thugs, Eruption, Scavenger, firesworn.

Lyrisch Knight, Frost sorceres, lightblade, rallying Banner, koboldtrick, glaciershield, skyfiredrake, ravage, stormsinger, sythefiends( however you write it), mountaineer, lavafield, coldsnap

Silverwinds, Tremors, Timeless

Anything you would change?

homesoil? And I'd rather drop the stormsinger for gladiatrix. There are probably more useful cards than lightblade also...

And I think that's 21 cards?

For your t1, I think you will have a lot of trouble against nature w/o mortar. Possibly frost as well.

I tried a fire-frost deck once and I went t1 frost because sorceress/shield building, lightblade, homesoil, ice barrier, and frostbite were all very useful in t2, meaning I was only "wasting" 2-3 cards in t1.

I never actually played fire-frost though, so I'm just making predictions about these things.

homesoil? And I'd rather drop the stormsinger for gladiatrix. There are probably more useful cards than lightblade also...

And I think that's 21 cards?

For your t1, I think you will have a lot of trouble against nature w/o mortar. Possibly frost as well.

I tried a fire-frost deck once and I went t1 frost because sorceress/shield building, lightblade, homesoil, ice barrier, and frostbite were all very useful in t2, meaning I was only "wasting" 2-3 cards in t1.

I never actually played fire-frost though, so I'm just making predictions about these things.

I never used mortar, it took too long to be built for my apetite

I also think Lightblade is an excelent card when you need to save an orb or a well against a stronger unit combined with Lyrish Knights, with Homesoil ofc

Maybe you are right that Frost tier 1 makes more sense ;) 

Masterarchers, ice gaurdian, Frost sorceres, ice barrier, homesoil, lightblade glaciershield

Skyfire, Kobold, sythefiends, ravage, lavafield, lyrish, eruption?, gladiatrix/stormsinger, mountaineer

Shield building, tremor , timeless,silverwind

Like this? :)

Edited by Lyrish

I dont Luke in this deck that there is no cheap medium counter Luke enforcer vor nightcrawler

Yeah, I think rageclaws would be a good addition. The problem with removing eruption is that it's very good anti-air. You might be able to get away with dropping it and using stomrsinger instead of glady because the lightblade does L counter, but there are ways around stormsinger for your opponent. I'd also suggest against shield building--even rally banner is more useful to drop ready tremors in t3.

I remember me playing a fire/Frost Deck in pvp ;) but i dont know exactly which cards where in it. I had this idea:

Sunstriders, Thugs, Eruption, Scavenger, firesworn.

Lyrisch Knight, Frost sorceres, lightblade, rallying Banner, koboldtrick, glaciershield, skyfiredrake, ravage, stormsinger, sythefiends( however you write it), mountaineer, lavafield, coldsnap

Silverwinds, Tremors, Timeless

Anything you would change?

T1 is fine - Thugs not necessary, but still a strong card (helps you to deal with shadow T1 and is ok against fire t1 / Sunderer or Mortar would be other viable options). There is no need to play Frost T1, actually i would prefer to play with fire T1, because with frost T1 your success is influenced by map-rng and I don't like that fact. Still both options are actually decent.  

Lightblade is unnecessary, Firesworn is a decent L counter anyway. 

Rallying Banner is not that valuable in Fire-Frost, it just doesn't synergise very well with the other fire frost cards. 

Lyrish Knight should be used as long as u play frost T1. With Ice Barrier, homesoil & frost bite he is just way more useful compared to a standard fire frost deck with fire T1. If you intend to use your lancer / tremor / Timeless T3 dont take it out since it is your only XL counter (you should use ice barrier & homesoil in that case because otherwise you can't use you defensive units to attack afterwards which is pretty inefficient.)

Rageclaws can be a decent addition to add some more pressure because the damage against power wells can get insane if you opponent doesn't deal with them fast. But I wouldn't suggest to play Rageclaws AND mountaineer because the have kinda the same task in your deck. Rageclaws are NOT good defensive units, because they are slow, melee & small. Your core M Counters are Skyfire drake & especially Stormsinger (This card is actually insane & made fire frost acutally viable after her buffs).

Disenchant or Gladiatrix can be usefull to have one of those cards in your deck to deal with buffed L / XL Units, especially if you chose to play without lyrish knight. 

Besides that your Deck looks actually pretty good. And one last suggestion: Use at least 4 T3 cards in your deck, because otherwise you will have a hard time against some decks, especially lost souls. Actually there are alot of viable options in T3, just make sure that you have a way to deal with every kind of attack you could possibly encounter.

Best Regards
RadicalX 

At first thank you for your long answer :) 

I think my Tier 3 is large enough because lyrish are gold xl counters even in Tier 3, especially combined with timeless. I agree that stormsinger is strong enough as a m counter ;) 

I think i got the deck :)

This was my Fire/Frost deck as I played it towards the End of Battleforge (mostly with Frost Sorceress instead of Lavafield which got kinda unefficient after it's nerf). Relying on a big T1 and trying to always bring on T1 pressure on the enemy. Fire/Frost basicly needs an advantage from T1 in most matchups to have a decent Chance. My T2 is based around swift Units applying pressure on if possible more than one point and keep up attacking while enemy attacks can be set to freeze with Frost Spells. T3 is only to finish of after advantage is big enough. The Deck has its weaknesses, but it's fun to play anyways and not that expensive. It is possible to leave out 1-2 T1 cards for bigger T3 or more options in T2.

T1: Scavenger, Sunstriders, Thugs*, Wrecker*, Firesworn_frost, Sunderer*, Eruption

* = could be replaced by Mortar, Banner of Glory, Scorched Earth (fire)

T2: Frost-Bite_shadow, Glacier-Shell, Kobold-Trick, Coldsnap, Stormsinger_nature, Rageclaws, Gladiatrix_nature, Scythe-Fiends, Skyfire-Drake, Ravage, Lava-Field**,

** = could be replaced by Frost Sorceress, Mountaineer, Gravity Surge (frost), Disenchant (shadow) or a third T3 Card (Inferno, Unity, Virtuoso, Silverwind Lancers)

T3: Sun-Reaver_fire, Giant-Slayer

Other cards/Combinations that are interesting: Termite Hill (devastating in some situations behind walls or cliffs), Fire-Stalker + Rallying Banner (or IceBarrier) + Homesoil (+ Lyrish), Rallying Banner (or Ice Barrier) + Rageclaws + Homesoil (+ Lyrish) ...

Fire-Frost-Deck.thumb.jpg.b88017965cd44d

Edited by Nachtalb

Well i think the Tier 2 is mostly about shielded drakes and scythefiends.( units with string attack but not the besteht defence). And also about gold defending with Kobold and glaciershield. ;)  and of course a little crowd control with coldsnap. 

If you want to attack at different Bades with Swift units, i think fire nature would be better...

Well i think the Tier 2 is mostly about shielded drakes and scythefiends.( units with string attack but not the besteht defence). And also about gold defending with Kobold and glaciershield. ;)  and of course a little crowd control with coldsnap. 

If you want to attack at different Bades with Swift units, i think fire nature would be better...

Nature is really good in T2 because of the immense diversity of everything, however Frost/Fire creates a perfectly balanced deck of aggresive/defensive gameplay from which a player can choose many many alternatives to change the outcome of an attack or defending his own base. As well as it could freeze any problem that is incoming and prepare a defensive force, it can also take down strong defenses with Frostbites and conquer bases with siege (T3 Tremors). XL counters in T3 are mainly prefered Swamp Drakes (in my opinion at least), and as you said, nothing can be compared tothe great building defences that  :frostorb: :neutralorb: provides

I played with that deck ALOT!!! i tested many stuff and this one turned out to be the best... you know how OP ravaged mountainers are? or shielded skyfire drakes? or shielded rage claws? lol 

this deck has strong T1 as well as T2 and an ordinary T3

@Lyrish

ravaged mounainers deserve to burn in hell, they are OP as f*ck :)

plus, this deck has all it needs - offense, defense, and cc. you only need some extra t3 attack power (brannoc) because giant slayers are not enough when countered properly (even though they are really strong)

Well i think there are many cards missing in this deck

@homiegohome

I completely agree ;) @anonyme0273

i forgot to mention one thing though - the deck, not exactly as it may look like, and with all the pluses we said, is pretty cheap and good for new players - because it is affordable in the beggining unlike Shadow, and doesnt require all upgrades on 3 (unlike Shadow) - even though Shadow is my favourite, this is probably the deck I will start with :)

I played with that deck ALOT!!! i tested many stuff and this one turned out to be the best... you know how OP ravaged mountainers are? or shielded skyfire drakes? or shielded rage claws? lol 

this deck has strong T1 as well as T2 and an ordinary T3

@Lyrish

I would add Frost Bite as the last slot :)

@anonyme0273 yeah that seems to be the last card required :)

i think you know, but some may not - the upsides of this card were for example

- extra damage

- slowing enemies movement

- combined with freezing could a bit reduce the damage reduction from freeze

- all that for 25 power??

WOOW, GREAT CARD! <3   :deck:   

He only has 1 free slot left, and I believe that if you add Home Soil you also need to add Ice Barrier to increase the usefulness and playability of Home Soil.

I still think Frost Bite should be there, more important - Home Soil is really good, but demands Ice Barrier to be used aggresively, and there aren't 2 slots.