Opening Tournament

bobfrog

Opening Tournament

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of SR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the starter cards from the starter decks (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

When will it be? Right after the official start of BFR, when no bugs disturb the tournament.

Categories:

PvP: 1v1, 2v2

PvE: fastest Map of the Month at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

PvE is open for anyone, PvP needs registration for organisation reasons.

Replays must be saved.

If you register now, you will most likely recive a PM before the tournament with more infromation. Also registering now does not guarantee a spot in the tournament. The final registration will be shortly before the tournament, but as said you will get a PM with this if you register now.

Price

(not confirmed by devs, though they said it would be possible to sponsor some)

1v1:

1. Disenchant green

2. Hurricane

3-4. Coldsnap and ashbone. If they want the same then they fight for it.

2v2

1. Homesoil + 4 Ice Barriers and Mine

2. Earthshaker and Ensnaring roots

3-4 2x(Coldsnap and curse of oink)

4rPvE

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Motivate, Embalmer's

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 4xPhoenix

3. 4x Oink, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4x Eruption

Tutorial PvE

1. 1 uncommon, 6 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster, 40 of each tokentype

2. 5 common cards of your choice, 20 of each token type

3. 3 common card of your choice, 10 of each token type

The Rules

- Only starterdeck cards. But in any combination. Upgrades NOT allowed (check the opponents decklevel, before you start the game!)

- PvP needs registration. Before the start of the tournament I will need a final confirmation that you will participate. Most likely via email, await further instructions.

- 2v2: starting as team allowed. If you have no partner, you will be assigned a random partner. Teambulding also most likely via email.

- Time for the PvP rounds: 3 days. Exceptions possible in final, semifinal and quarterfinal. If no answer within 3 days, both loose or the one who answered wins.

- Time for PvE: 2 weeks

- Replays of all games needed. PvE replays wont be public until end of the tournament.

- After a PvP game the winner sends me a message who won and includes a replay. If in any case the replay was not saved, either the participants both agree who won (like gentlemen) or there will be another match, as there is no way of finding out who really won (well a video would be). If a desynchronisation error occured during the game, report this!

- In PvE a slow game in a high difficulty beats any faster game in a lower difficulty.

- If the rPvE map of the month would change before the end of the tournament, the rPvE will be delayed.

- The PvP map will be one of the official maps. If you agree with your opponent, you can choose the map, if not it will be random.

I have never organised a tournament, but as long as I have the time when BFR comes out, I will give my best to have an awesome tournament!

If you have any suggestions just post them here!

TODO:

- find prices

- deck level cap for the matches?

Streaming:

If you want to stream the matches, then you have to organise it yourself as soon as the matchup list is finished. Contact the players and ask them to play on a spectator map. For the finals I will choose the streamers that gave the best comentary and allow them to stream it.

Streamer list:

@Geradon

@Shred

@Eirias

@Dexirian

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

anonyme0273

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Chibiterasu

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

SunWu II.

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

NeoNyle

RadicalX

XxAndroidxX

KROMPIR

SparksofFire

thesikaleon

Brocken

ZexionVII

Devilo

Goldfish

vaykoon

Amergo

Cadark

Maxhero

Sean

Avire

HomieGoHome

Nachtalb

thomy

Thug Life

CyberReXxX

Anonymos

HolyFreak

veryhasted

Hirooo

Headbanger

Pleistoros

xHighTech

Chimerae

Ultrakool

shadowxxs77

Kaliber84

DarmkyM

Vovano

Krahs

ferevus

DefAnske

Taker

Timotheus

Loptus

Destoyerfros

Emile

GadaiGER

mostlybad

Asraiel

cDKiLLrOy

Archmystic

DeChris

wertyy

tbpeti

darklionking

Egard3

HeroPat

2v2

bobfrog

WotDeFack

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

Eraizer

SweetPotato

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

FlameDancer

NeoNyle

RadicalX

KROMPIR

SparksofFire

thesikaleon

Brocken

ZexionVII

Draiper

Devilo

Goldfish

Maxhero

devilo

Sean

P3tfacepol

Qttyaaa

Carcosa

Nachtalb

Cadark

veryhasted

Hirooo

Headbanger

Pleistoros

xHighTech

Chimerae

DarkwarriorNL

Ultrakool

shadowxxs77

Kaliber84

DarmkyM

ArownioP02

Vovano

Krahs

ferevus

DefAnske

Timotheus

Loptus

Destoyerfros

Kestas3

GadaiGER

mostlybad

Asraiel

cDKiLLrOy

DeChris

wertyy

tbpeti

darklionking

Egard3

Marco3104

Haruka

27.10. 22:00

Edited by bobfrog
Remington likes this

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of BFR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the tutorial deck (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

When will it be? Right after the official start of BFR, when no bugs disturb the tournament.

Categories:

PvE: fastest Map of the Week at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

Replays must be saved.

Price: Its too early to say something about it. Maybe the devs can sponsor some BFP?

I have never organised a tournament, but as long as I have the time when BFR comes out, I will give my best to have an awesome tournament!

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

2v2

bobfrog

the maps are monthly not weekly. i think its much to early to talk about any tournament organization yet. alpha isnt even started.

I thought about assigning a good player with a not so good player to balance everything.

What do you think about this?

In addition the price for 2v2 could be really low, so everyone plays it just for fun.

You've got a point there. Didnt remember the tut deck was so small.

But there were these other starter decks right? NatureFire and FrostShadow if im right. If they are available at start i would restrickt the tournament to these, to get some more strategie.

But there were these other starter decks right? NatureFire and FrostShadow if im right. If they are available at start i would restrickt the tournament to these, to get some more strategie.

You did indeed have starter decks. These starter decks in BFReborn will be the same from Battleforge. 

That would be more interesting.

I don't think it's a good idea to give Bfp to the winner. In such an early state of the game the person with a boost of Bfp would dominate the PvP and maybe even the market. Maybe give him a promo card of his choice instead?

Want to join the 1v1 pls.

I don't think it's a good idea to give Bfp to the winner. In such an early state of the game the person with a boost of Bfp would dominate the PvP and maybe even the market. Maybe give him a promo card of his choice instead?

Want to join the 1v1 pls.

Giving a promo card would be like giving him thousands of bfp depending on which one they chose to award so I don't think that would be a good idea. He could still sell on auction house for lots of bfp. Just would have to wait for players to build up bfp to spend on it. 

Opening Tournament

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of BFR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the starter cards from the starter decks (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

Categories:

PvE: fastest Map of the Month at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

Replays must be saved.

Price: Its too early to say something about it. Maybe the devs can sponsor some BFP?

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

anonyme0273

XxHARVESTERxX

2v2

bobfrog

WatDeFack

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

XxHARVESTERxX

Id like to be on the 1v1 if you can add me, and 2v2. Sounds like fun idea for the start of BFR.

Edited by Yoeyfinz

Giving a promo card would be like giving him thousands of bfp depending on which one they chose to award so I don't think that would be a good idea. He could still sell on auction house for lots of bfp. Just would have to wait for players to build up bfp to spend on it. 

Id like to be on the 1v1 if you can add me, and 2v2. Sounds like fun idea for the start of BFR.

1. Noone will have Bfp at the start so if he wants to sell it for lots of bfp he have to wait a few months. Till then many people will have a playable PvP deck so the additional bfp wouldn't be that important.

2. There will be no promo cards at first so we don't know which promo card will be how much worth. Maybe swamp drake will costs less than fallen skyelf for example.

1. Noone will have Bfp at the start so if he wants to sell it for lots of bfp he have to wait a few months. Till then many people will have a playable PvP deck so the additional bfp wouldn't be that important.

2. There will be no promo cards at first so we don't know which promo card will be how much worth. Maybe swamp drake will costs less than fallen skyelf for example.

Yes that's true, promo card just seemed a bit high rewarding for tournament because my mindset is still at how the old game was. But no cards have a worth yet you're right.

I'm in for 1v1 and 2v2.

Just to clarify, we can't use tome cards? And I suppose no upgrades at all? Not even like a U1 surge of light?

Also what time will the tournament be? Times that are convenient for the majority of BF are rarely convenient for me.