Opening Tournament

bobfrog

2 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Just to be sure: You can freely remove and add the upgrades? It won't cost anything at all (not even gold)?

2 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

As of right now you don't need to pay gold to remove upgrades, but you will need Gold to apply upgrades.

indeed. I did miss that, my bad. The only thing thats different in BFR is you will not lose the upgrade if you remove it. So you will keep the upgrade card but the gold to upgrade it you will need to pay again as ladadoos said.

@Eirias

added you to the streamer list. i think i will make a small beta tournament to test everything. you can try streaming there.

concerning the deck level. i think i will do a low deck level limit like lvl 30, but still not shure yet.

do you have a price list suggestion? just post it and im shure we can work sth out.

5 hours ago, bobfrog said:

@Eirias

added you to the streamer list. i think i will make a small beta tournament to test everything. you can try streaming there.

concerning the deck level. i think i will do a low deck level limit like lvl 30, but still not shure yet.

do you have a price list suggestion? just post it and im shure we can work sth out.

Prize, or price?

I think a bfp prize would be good for the top %, in addition to cards for maybe the top 3. For instance, if there are 100 players, then perhaps the prize pool is 200 bfp (possibly accommodated by a 2 bfp entry fee).

Prizes might be distributed as follows:

1: 55 bfp 

2: 40 bfp

3: 30 bfp

4: 25 bfp

5: 14 bfp

6: 10 bfp

7: 8 bfp

8: 7 bfp

9: 6 bfp

10: 5 bfp

(I did this freehand, with no graph, so I wouldn't suggest taking those values for real). Prizes could extend even to the top 20%, for instance.

The idea is that the more people who will come out ahead by entering the tournament, the more of a chance everyone feels. For instance, if you only have prizes for top 3, and Silverdragen, RaxicalX, xHighTech, cdkillroy, and Anonymous all enter, not even all of them will come away with a prize. I wouldn't stand a chance at coming ahead, let alone players that are going to try getting into PvP for the first time. Obviously we participate in tournaments because they are fun, but it's much more fun when you feel like you have at least a small chance of winning something. 

In any skill level distribution, the "unbeatable" players comprise a very small part. When you have, for instance, a Patriarch play against an Emperor, the warchief has very little chance of winning: perhaps 1/20. But when you have an Annihilator play against a Ruler, the lower ranked player might have a 1/5 chance.

When you have Devastator vs Crusader, it's almost a 50-50. So basically you should spread the prizes out so that players get prizes that worse players have a possibility of beating. In general, I think that number is around 10%, but BFR has a high concentration of really good players, so at least for the first tournament it might need to extend up to 20%.

9 minutes ago, bobfrog said:

i dont really like to give only bfp. its so... unpersonal, if you get what i mean.

but i think its a good idea to also give prices to not only the winners.

Well then, give away cards that are worth around that much? Maybe have like 10 uncommon cards or rare cards, and players can choose which one they want in the order they placed?

8 hours ago, Eirias said:

Well then, give away cards that are worth around that much? Maybe have like 10 uncommon cards or rare cards, and players can choose which one they want in the order they placed?

On the point of giving away prices to not only winners, how about setting up some participation prizes(commons or uncommon a)that can be won through a raffle using numbers drawn on random.org?

3 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

On the point of giving away prices to not only winners, how about setting up some participation prizes(commons or uncommon a)that can be won through a raffle using numbers drawn on random.org?

what about changing this to achievments like this: (for pvp)

highest void energy

biggest army

biggest s unit spam

most xl units

most spells

7 hours ago, bobfrog said:

highest void energy

biggest army

biggest s unit spam

most xl units

most spells

i feel like with this it will mostly be the people who won who gets these prizes, which is not the point we are trying to achieve here.

Just in case you don't know yet these are the two starting decks:

Nature/Fire: Windweavers,Werebeasts,Surge-of-Light,Primal-Defender,Fire-Stalker,Fire-Bomb,Lava-Field,Rageclaws,Magma-Hurler,Magma-Spore,Swamp-Drake,Drones,Emberstrike,Giant-Wyrm,Regrowth,Fire-Sphere

Frost/Shadow: Northguards,Master-Archers,Glacier-Shell,Defense-Tower,Ripper,Nightcrawler,Defenders,Stone-of-Torment,Unholy-Power,Mutating-Frenzy,Tremor,Shield-Building,Shadow-Insect,Rifle-Cultists,Tempest,Unholy-Hero

I'm not sure if there were other ones but these are the ones I found.

Oh and they only consist of 16 cards because there were only 8 cards per faction.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably it would the best for BFR auction house if u get starter cards and 1/2 boosters for free, so u can already buy and sell some or trade them.

I would also like it to get a more personal binding to my deck ;) before I start gaming with it

1 hour ago, KoboldK said:

Probably it would the best for BFR auction house if u get starter cards and 1/2 boosters for free, so u can already buy and sell some or trade them.

I would also like it to get a more personal binding to my deck ;) before I start gaming with it

Not really the right thread to post in :P don't go too off topic please

17 minutes ago, KoboldK said:

@Ultrakool

Was mentioned to give 1-2 boosters for the tournament - isn't that offtopic right? ;)

Well you were talking about auction house and buy and sell so I thought that was what you meant :P anyway this is starter card only tournament but I don't like that either if they will give the f2p cards from before. Maybe something like a common only tournament? We will see even to gets commons you want is also pretty hard :P considering you get one booster with all editions

37 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Well you were talking about auction house and buy and sell so I thought that was what you meant :P anyway this is starter card only tournament but I don't like that either if they will give the f2p cards from before. Maybe something like a common only tournament? We will see even to gets commons you want is also pretty hard :P considering you get one booster with all editions

You're right :D just one more good point for it

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2015 at 2:47 AM, bobfrog said:

Opening Tournament

Hello guys,

I think it would be nice to have a tournament right after the start of BFR so we can all play the first games together.

The basic rule would be: only use the starter cards from the starter decks (well we wont have any other cards at that time)

When will it be? Right after the official start of BFR, when no bugs disturb the tournament.

Categories:

PvP: 1v1, 2v2

PvE: fastest Map of the Month at highest possible level (4 players), fastest finish of the tutorial map

PvE is open for anyone, PvP needs registration for organisation reasons.

Replays must be saved.

If you register now, you will most likely recive a PM before the tournament with more infromation. Also registering now does not guarantee a spot in the tournament. The final registration will be shortly before the tournament, but as said you will get a PM with this if you register now.

Price

(not confirmed by devs, though they said it would be possible to sponsor some)

1v1:

1. Disenchant green

2. Hurricane

3-4. Coldsnap and ashbone. If they want the same then they fight for it.

2v2

1. Homesoil + 4 Ice Barriers and Mine

2. Earthshaker and Ensnaring roots

3-4 2x(Coldsnap and curse of oink)

4rPvE

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Motivate, Embalmer's

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 4xPhoenix

3. 4x Oink, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4x Eruption

Tutorial PvE

1. 1 uncommon, 6 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster, 40 of each tokentype

2. 5 common cards of your choice, 20 of each token type

3. 3 common card of your choice, 10 of each token type

The Rules

- Only starterdeck cards. But in any combination. Upgrades NOT allowed (check the opponents decklevel, before you start the game!)

- PvP needs registration. Before the start of the tournament I will need a final confirmation that you will participate. Most likely via email, await further instructions.

- 2v2: starting as team allowed. If you have no partner, you will be assigned a random partner. Teambulding also most likely via email.

- Time for the PvP rounds: 3 days. Exceptions possible in final, semifinal and quarterfinal. If no answer within 3 days, both loose or the one who answered wins.

- Time for PvE: 2 weeks

- Replays of all games needed. PvE replays wont be public until end of the tournament.

- After a PvP game the winner sends me a message who won and includes a replay. If in any case the replay was not saved, either the participants both agree who won (like gentlemen) or there will be another match, as there is no way of finding out who really won (well a video would be). If a desynchronisation error occured during the game, report this!

- In PvE a slow game in a high difficulty beats any faster game in a lower difficulty.

- If the rPvE map of the month would change before the end of the tournament, the rPvE will be delayed.

- The PvP map will be one of the official maps. If you agree with your opponent, you can choose the map, if not it will be random.

I have never organised a tournament, but as long as I have the time when BFR comes out, I will give my best to have an awesome tournament!

If you have any suggestions just post them here!

TODO:

- find prices

- deck level cap for the matches?

Streaming:

If you want to stream the matches, then you have to organise it yourself as soon as the matchup list is finished. Contact the players and ask them to play on a spectator map. For the finals I will choose the streamers that gave the best comentary and allow them to stream it.

Streamer list:

@Geradon

@Shred

@Eirias

@Dexirian

PvP registration:

1v1

bobfrog

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

anonyme0273

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Chibiterasu

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

SunWu II.

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

NeoNyle

RadicalX

XxAndroidxX

KROMPIR

SparksofFire

thesikaleon

Brocken

ZexionVII

Devilo

Goldfish

vaykoon

Amergo

Cadark

Maxhero

Sean

Avire

HomieGoHome

Nachtalb

thomy

Thug Life

CyberReXxX

Anonymos

HolyFreak

veryhasted

Hirooo

Headbanger

Pleistoros

xHighTech

Chimerae

Ultrakool

shadowxxs77

Kaliber84

DarmkyM

Vovano

Krahs

ferevus

DefAnske

Taker

Timotheus

Loptus

Destoyerfros

Emile

GadaiGER

mostlybad

Asraiel

cDKiLLrOy

Archmystic

DeChris

wertyy

tbpeti

darklionking

Egard3

ElectroMasterx

2v2

bobfrog

WotDeFack

LetsEinfallslos002

Fritzrich

XxHARVESTERxX

fodasseman

Yoeyfinz

Eirias

Eraizer

SweetPotato

nofearek9

Navarr

Silverdragen

FlameDancer

NeoNyle

RadicalX

KROMPIR

SparksofFire

thesikaleon

Brocken

ZexionVII

Draiper

Devilo

Goldfish

Maxhero

devilo

Sean

P3tfacepol

Qttyaaa

Carcosa

Nachtalb

Cadark

veryhasted

Hirooo

Headbanger

Pleistoros

xHighTech

Chimerae

DarkwarriorNL

Ultrakool

shadowxxs77

Kaliber84

DarmkyM

ArownioP02

Vovano

Krahs

ferevus

DefAnske

Timotheus

Loptus

Destoyerfros

Kestas3

GadaiGER

mostlybad

Asraiel

cDKiLLrOy

DeChris

wertyy

tbpeti

darklionking

Egard3

Marco3104

Haruka

27.10. 22:00

On 4/1/2016 at 4:00 AM, bobfrog said:

highest void energy

biggest army

biggest s unit spam

most xl units

most spells

@Ultrakool some of those will be for the best players, others will not necessarily . . . for instance, XL units mean you need t4. The problem is that this gives me an incentive to take t4 units in my deck when I play against a noob, so I can toy with him and spawn a bunch of XL units. Same thing with biggest army and s unit spam. It really just encourages one player to toy with another player.