Opening Tournament

bobfrog

But U0 has no charges....t1 will turn into who runs out of charges first.

I thought you were for U0 or all charges allowed?

Anyway, this is starter cards, so basic abilities are not affected by upgrades right? Any core ability of the card gets added on U1? If yes, we could consider it, for eg: Nightcrawler + Frenzy on U1 or RageClaws + Rage on U1, etc...

Otherwise I would be down for U0

Edited by Ultrakool

I thought you were for U0 or all charges allowed?

Errr...those are two different things.

I'm for any upgrade and any charge allowed. Upgrades don't make a huge difference, but having U1 for charges does. It's not really possible to regulate any upgrades more than U0.

40 allready seems much for me, people who dont play so much, most likely wont have that much upgrades.

To reduce the advantage of people who directly farm upgrades at the beginning, i would keep the number low. But 20 was also just a random number, i dont have a reason, why i chose 20.

40 allready seems much for me, people who dont play so much, most likely wont have that much upgrades.

To reduce the advantage of people who directly farm upgrades at the beginning, i would keep the number low. But 20 was also just a random number, i dont have a reason, why i chose 20.

I think 40 is pretty easy to get. 1 upgrade for 20 cards.

That's 200 tokens.

I would go max with 30. But this also depends on how the upgrade system will be on releas. I think its best to add this to the todo list for later.

We could also start with a low deck cap for pvp and increas it with every round.

But this brings me to another point: How to control the deck level in PvE? There is no enemy, that could check it. Checking every spell that got used in rPvE would be the wurst.

So no deck cap here?

I would go max with 30. But this also depends on how the upgrade system will be on releas. I think its best to add this to the todo list for later.

We could also start with a low deck cap for pvp and increas it with every round.

But this brings me to another point: How to control the deck level in PvE? There is no enemy, that could check it. Checking every spell that got used in rPvE would be the wurst.

So no deck cap here?

screenshot(with some sort of time stamp)/video when launching game I guess...Units can be checked and some spells actually in the replay.

Edited by Ultrakool

I honestly wont participate if you limit this to hard. Like i can understand why youd want to limit it to f2p cards but deck lvl?

Why would you punish people that invested a lot of time in the game early on by limiting their deck lvl. I dont care what you are doing in PVP as i cant really judge how that influences a matchup and stuff, but in PVE, seriously?

It is not like i have much time to play when this gets released most likely due to exams and bachelor thesis right after, so it is not like i would profit from no deck lvl cap especially hard, but deck lvl isnt as important in PVE. It is pretty damn easy to beat people just with better execution and superior strategy in PVE, so it is not like they'd get a massive advantage.

I will not participate if you limit this to strictly, just letting ya know.

The basic idea for this tournament is: same chances for everyone. Obviously with same cards everyone should have the same chance to win (well only depending on skill). So its not about punishing people, its about getting the skill more into the focus.

With allowing upgrades but only a few, the chances are still the same, since everyone should be able to get just a few upgrades, and in pro PvP i expect that the upgrades will affect strategies and by this make the game more interesting.

I cant realy say how much this would affect PvE. But since you need to spam some units, a higher decklevel than in PvP would make sense.

• 2 weeks later...