Opening Tournament

bobfrog

Well, I'm like 99% sure that my skills already faded away and I'll drop out of the tournaments after 2, max. 3 rounds, but still, sign me up for all the cathegories, I won't fall easily! ;)

Also looking for a 2v2 partner for this tourney.

P.s.: I'm pretty sure that I'll work around the time the game goes online, so cannot garantee my participation, but hopefully I can manage.

For those, who doesn't know, my IGN was and will be TBPeti.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read that upgrades are allowed, wouldn't that give a huge advantage to a player that plays 16h / day for atleast the first days as he could have kind of an OK deck by then while a player that only does 2-3 hours would have 4-5 upgrades maybe at top. I see it as a Starting Tournament and therefor everyone should be on the same level.

I read that upgrades are allowed, wouldn't that give a huge advantage to a player that plays 16h / day for atleast the first days as he could have kind of an OK deck by then while a player that only does 2-3 hours would have 4-5 upgrades maybe at top. I see it as a Starting Tournament and therefor everyone should be on the same level.

So what, forbid upgrades? That doesnt really work either :/

i agree with you and would like to restrict to U1, but there is no way of controlling this. for units it might be possible, but spells? In every match? There are allready roughly 60 1v1 matches. another 60 with 4 players in it for 2v2, then pve...

what we could do: the loosing team has to check the replay, if its valid what the opponent team did.

what do you think about this?

Can you see the upgrade level of a spell in a replay?

if it affects units, yes. Just click on the unit and check the level of the effect.

i agree with you and would like to restrict to U1, but there is no way of controlling this. for units it might be possible, but spells? In every match? There are allready roughly 60 1v1 matches. another 60 with 4 players in it for 2v2, then pve...

what we could do: the loosing team has to check the replay, if its valid what the opponent team did.

what do you think about this?

Everyone checks their own units, and if the opponents team found out you have a card more than U1, the opposing team is disqualified, or the PVE replay is disqualified. Most spells in PvP will be easily checkable, but some arcane  spells wont be: Enlightenement, Earthshaker(maybe)

Can you see the upgrade level of a spell in a replay?

No. Maybe for some if they affect units, but not all. For instance, you could tell what upgrade an eruption is by how much damage it deals (yeah, no), but telling between U2 and U3 is almost impossible, because u3 makes it cost less power.

I say allow all upgrades. It doesn't make that much of a difference. Or maybe make a deck level cap, say level 80? If the games are all initiated in the sparring grounds (which they would be), you can just check deck level and not click ready unless your opponent is at level 0. But seriously, upgrades are fine.

No. Maybe for some if they affect units, but not all. For instance, you could tell what upgrade an eruption is by how much damage it deals (yeah, no), but telling between U2 and U3 is almost impossible, because u3 makes it cost less power.

I say allow all upgrades. It doesn't make that much of a difference. Or maybe make a deck level cap, say level 80? If the games are all initiated in the sparring grounds (which they would be), you can just check deck level and not click ready unless your opponent is at level 0. But seriously, upgrades are fine.

I agree with this deck level idea. Just for information, if you would make a deck with rare and ultrarare cards, but you upgrade none of them, would it still be deck lvl 0?

level caps will make people put more weight on upgrading certain cards to U3 first, probably not a good idea

I agree with this deck level idea. Just for information, if you would make a deck with rare and ultrarare cards, but you upgrade none of them, would it still be deck lvl 0?

yes

oh right, totaly forgot, that the decklevel will be shown. so if anyone is against only alowing U1, then he sould speak now!

I'm against this!

U1 is not controllable. It either needs to be U0 (which has its own problems) or any upgrades allowed. I vote for any upgrades allowed.

I'm against this!

U1 is not controllable. It either needs to be U0 (which has its own problems) or any upgrades allowed. I vote for any upgrades allowed.

U1 is controllable, You just wont upgrade the particular cards in your deck until the tournament is over. U1 can be pseudo-managed with U1 max upgrade and a max deck level(all cards U1). making one card U3 and some cards U0 to have the same deck level is not allowed. Then if discovered that a particular card is U3= Disqualification. If this tournament is held (almost directly) after start of Open Beta, it shouldnt be a problem.