Opening Tournament

bobfrog

rPvE (get you started with speedruns)

1. Mine and lost soul ship

2. ashbone

3. breeding grounds + eruption

its 4 player rpve right? so shouldnt you make 4 cards? or does everyone ( all 4 players) get a mine + a LSS ?

For now I'll just stick to PvE but maybe I will get in on the PvP just for fun. :D

@bobfrog Wouldn't it be possible to finance the prices by making an entrance fee? Something small like 5-10BFP. But it would be enough to give a reward to the winners that is worth a few boosters. This might be only feasible for PvP with the registration here but it could also be done for PvE (if the entrants send the BFP together with the replay).

its 4 player rpve right? so shouldnt you make 4 cards? or does everyone ( all 4 players) get a mine + a LSS ?

totaly forgot about that :D

@bobfrog Wouldn't it be possible to finance the prices by making an entrance fee? Something small like 5-10BFP. But it would be enough to give a reward to the winners that is worth a few boosters. This might be only feasible for PvP with the registration here but it could also be done for PvE (if the entrants send the BFP together with the replay).

I dont know how the start of BFR will be. I think the first few BFP would be very valuable and people who are not expection to win wont participate. I dont like that. Everyone should have fun in this tournamen^^

Updated prices for rPve:

1v1:

1. Disenchant green (usefull in every fire splash)

2. Hurricane (usefull in every nature splash)

3-4. Coldsnap and ashbone. If they want the same then they fight for it. (usefull in every ice and shadow splash)

2v2

1. Homesoil and ???

2. Earthshaker and Ensnaring roots

3-4 2x(Coldsnap and curse of oink)

1. Mine, Both affinities of Lost soul ship, Motivate, 3x Shadow Phoenix

2. ashbone, breeding grounds + eruption, unholy hero +unholy power, 3x Regrowth

Tutorial PvE (to get you some upgrades)

1. 4 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster

2. 3 common cards of your choice

3. 2 common card of your choice

totaly forgot about that :D

I dont know how the start of BFR will be. I think the first few BFP would be very valuable and people who are not expection to win wont participate. I dont like that. Everyone should have fun in this tournamen^^

Updated prices for rPve:

1v1:

3-4. Coldsnap and ashbone. If they want the same then they fight for it. (usefull in every ice and shadow splash)

2v2

1. Homesoil and ???

1. 4 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster

2. 3 common cards of your choice

3. 2 common card of your choice

I agree with Treim that it is a bit early to organize a tournament in detail. It is good to discuss the content/idea for a tournament, but registration is pointless right now.

That being said, have you had contact with the staff about providing these prizes? Else I would suggest you talk with them first before discussing it here because maybe they dont want to provide anything for this tournament, they have a maximum amount they will provide or they have other ideas about tournament prizes. If the staff even have had time to think/discuss about providing tournament prizes, as I am sure they have higher priority things on their mind right now, so maybe it is better to wait a bit. Unless of course you are going to provide the prizes yourself.

As a general note, I would always keep prizes for multiplayer teams in exact balance so they can be evenly devided among team members, so 2x the same for 2-player teams and 4x the same for 4-player teams because some cards you mentioned as one prize will have totally different values so it will not be possible to devide them evenly. For example the second rPvE prize, ashbone pyro (rare) will be way more valuable than all the other cards (commons) together. 

A last suggestion: it will probably also be possible to hand out some upgrade tokens as prizes, but of course you should also talk about this with the staff first.

Thanks for your feedback :)

1) "I agree with Treim that it is a bit early to organize a tournament in detail" Its never too early to organize ;)

2) "but registration is pointless right now." Well its not really a registration. Before the tournament start i will send a message to everyone on the list with further information. Most likely the actual registration will be to send an email to my address. So the registration atm is more like a subscription for a reminder with further information. Maybe I should add this in the first post.

3) "have you had contact with the staff about providing these prizes?" Yes, they said it is possible to sponsore prices. And as you said, they have better things to do than discussing prices. So I think now its our turn to decide what we want. And when we finished, I'll ask the staff again if they are ok with it.

4) "I would always keep prizes for multiplayer teams in exact balance" I tried to keep it balanced. The reason for different prices eg in 2v2 is, that you wont have a team in which both use eg coldsnap. So one of them would get a card that he does not want. If they want coldsnap at all. So with one card beeing usefull for an ice splash and the other one for a nature splash, the probability that both are happy is higher.

5) "For example the second rPvE prize, ashbone pyro (rare) will be way more valuable than all the other cards" you are correct with this and thats where I need your help to balance it :) Keep also in mind that not only the rarity defines the value, but also the usefullness. You wont need an ashbone in every speedrun, but without breedinggrounds, eruption and regrowth, you will fail.

6) "hand out some upgrade tokens" I also thought of this for the tutorial pve, but since i have not talked to staff about tokens, i left them out.

4) "

I would always keep prizes for multiplayer teams in exact balance" I tried to keep it balanced. The reason for different prices eg in 2v2 is, that you wont have a team in which both use eg coldsnap. So one of them would get a card that he does not want. If they want coldsnap at all. So with one card beeing usefull for an ice splash and the other one for a nature splash, the probability that both are happy is higher.

I can't really judge about PVP however in rPVE there are some cards that are much more valuable just because you can use them on every mode (1,2,4 player). Mine for example is (very) situational in 1 and 2 player maps. thatfor it has a lower value than motivate for example which is basically in every speedrun deck ( unless its a batariel deck). I would agree with @MephistoRoss here. Keep the prices similar ( at least for the rPVE part as there is not that much variety in decks than in PVP ( where i can understand having slightly different prices with ~ same value).

If you want to have the ~ same value of BFP lets add the actual prices up first( with old prices), correct me if i am totally wrong about one of those:

1. 1x Mine ~ 300 BFP + 2x LSS ~ 2x 100 BFP + 1x Motivate ~ 80 BFP + 3 x Shadow Phoenix ~ 30 BFP = 670 BFP

2. 1x Ashbone Pyro ~ 30 BFP + 7x Commons ~ 3 BFP = 51 BFP

I would suggest:

1. 4x Cultist Master ~ 4x 110 BFP + 8x Shadow Phoenix ~ 8x 30 BFP =680 BFP

2. Good mix of Common Cards such as, especially spells as they have a much higher value than buildings regarding charges: Unholy Hero, Regrowth, Equilibrium (green), Offering ( green)

Also i think you should add another price here as all the other challenges rewards the first 3 players/ teams as well and the gap between 1. and 2. is quite huge. I would add something like a 200-300 BFP worthy class such as 4x SoW ( i think it was around 60 BFP) + few commons

Also you probably should watch out that the prices have ~ same value in those different torunament categories, just to avoid crying such as why did Mode X got prices with much higher value. However im not sure if you should relate those prices value per player or per team, guess thats open for discussion.

Cultist master? i have never used him^^ but you are the rPvE'er  here^^

Maybe lets first off all collect cards that are possible. Up to now there are:

Mine (300), LSS (100) , Motivate (80), Shadow Phoenix (30), Ashbone (30), Cultist Master (110), Unholy Hero/Power, Regrowth, Equilibrium green, Offering green, SoW (120?), Eruption, Breeding grounds

I would add:

Furnace of flesh (50?), Revenge (80), Nomad green (8), Curse of Oink, Embalmers shrine, Bloodhorn (100), Earthshaker (100)

Cultist master? i have never used him^^ but you are the rPvE'er  here^^

Maybe lets first off all collect cards that are possible. Up to now there are:

Mine (300), LSS (100) , Motivate (80), Shadow Phoenix (30), Ashbone (30), Cultist Master (110), Unholy Hero/Power, Regrowth, Equilibrium green, Offering green, SoW (120?), Eruption, Breeding grounds

I would add:

Furnace of flesh (50?), Revenge (80), Nomad green (8), Curse of Oink, Embalmers shrine, Bloodhorn (100), Earthshaker (100)

In rPVE void manipulation is key. In every LSS deck you will not be able to effort a fire orb for SoW, thatfor cultist master + furnace. That is especially true for 1 player maps. 2 player is situational on the enemy and 4 player will always have SoW.

SoW was around 60 BFP, Furnace of Flesh was a common card for 3 BFP, Nomad was around 3 BFP as well, Embalmer Shrine was kinda non stable and was around 70-100. Earthshaker is very very situational and only worth against Twilight maps, so i wouldnt really like to get that one added. Same goes for Curse of Oink

Might be easiest if ill just add those considered 'core' cards. I will only consider an LSS deck here as it gets to complicated if i would do the same for Batariel decks as well

1. 1 Player:
    1. Core Units: Forsaken, Frost Mage, Shadow Phoenix, Cultist Master, LSS(red), Rifle Cultists
    2. Core Buildings: Soul Splicer, Embalmer's Shrine, Ice Barrier, Furnace of Flesh, Breeding Grounds, Resource Booster, Amii-Monument, Flame Crystal
    3. Core Spells:Motivate, Offering (green), Home Soil, Unholy Hero, Revenge, Equilibrium( green), Regrowth
    4. Alternative Units: Skeleton Warriors, Master Archers, Fallen Skyelf,
    5. Alternative Buildings: Construction Hut
    6. Alternative Spells: Unholy Power
  2. Multi Player:
    1. Core Units: Forsaken, Skeleton Warriors, Nomad( green), Sunstriders, Frost Mage,Shadow Phoenix, Cultist Master, LSS (red), Bloodhorn( purple), Rifle Cultists
    2. Core Buildings: Embalmer's Shrine, Furnace of Flesh, Breeding Grounds, Resource Booster, Flame Crystal, SoW, Ice Barrier
    3. Core Spells: Motivate, Eruption, Mine, Offering (green), Unholy Hero, Revenge, Equilibrium( green), Regrowth, Home Soil
    4. Alternative Units: Fallen Skyelf, Ashbone Pyro, Bloodhorn (red), Master archers
    5. Alternative Buildings: Construction Hut, Amii Monument, Healing Gardens, Blaster Cannon (red)
    6. Alternative Spells: Frenetic Assault (both affinities), Curse of Oink, Thunderstorm, Soulshatter, Infect, Earthshaker, Disenchant( green), Mumbo Jumbo(red), Frostbite(purple), Unholy Power, Life Weaving, Matter Mastery (green)

I might missed out on 1 or 2 cards but thats basically it.

Notice that i mean with 'Alternative' Cards, that those are situational. That means that they are either an option if you have a free deck slot or are necassery only against one certain enemy type( for example frenetic assault is only worth a deck slot against Twilight). I would much rather see those absolute Core Cards that are in both mode types( i didnt differ between 2 and 4 player maps as most of those cards are similar.

Also notice that shadow starts have a higher value than frost starts( frost is only in multi player due to its viability in 2 player maps).

New suggestion for rPvE:

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Frostmage, Bloodhorn (~200 BFP per player)

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 2xAshbone, 2xPhoenix (~40 BFP p.p.)

3. 4x Oink, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4x Eruption

New suggestion for rPvE:

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Frostmage, Bloodhorn (~200 BFP per player)

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 2xAshbone, 2xPhoenix (~40 BFP p.p.)

Only thing id see get changed is the frostmage for something as LSS and CM seems slightly more useful than FM and Bloodhorn for speedruns. Also Shadow phoenix > ashbone pyro. I would suggest making it just 4x shadow phoenix for 2nd place. For 1st placed team i would rather see 2x CM and 2x LSS or one of those cards 4x, if you want to have some individuality in the price i would suggest using Motivate, CM, LSS and Embalmer's shrine.

Then we have:

(added treims suggestion for rPvE, increased tPvE to balance the price)

1v1:

2v2

1. Homesoil + 4 Ice Barriers and Mine

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Motivate, Embalmer's (~200 BFP per player)

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 4xPhoenix (~40 BFP p.p.)

1. 1 uncommon, 6 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster, 40 of each tokentype

2. 5 common cards of your choice, 20 of each token type

3. 3 common card of your choice, 10 of each token type

@kestas3 Do you have an idea for 2v2? Something usefull for the team, maybe shadow and worth as much as Homesoil? Edit: added Mine as second 2v2 price

Also another question: Am I allowed to participate in PvE? I really want to, but I can see all the replays and would have an advantage...

Edited by bobfrog

Then we have:

(added treims suggestion for rPvE, increased tPvE to balance the price)

1v1:

2v2

1. Homesoil + 4 Ice Barriers and Mine

1. 8x Shadow Phoenix, 4x Ashbone,CM, LSS, Motivate, Embalmer's (~200 BFP per player)

2. 4x Eruption, 4x Nomad, 4x Breeding grounds, 4x Regrowth, 4xFurnace, 4xPhoenix (~40 BFP p.p.)

1. 1 uncommon, 6 common cards of your choice + bfp for 1/2 of a booster, 40 of each tokentype

2. 5 common cards of your choice, 20 of each token type

3. 3 common card of your choice, 10 of each token type

@kestas3 Do you have an idea for 2v2? Something usefull for the team, maybe shadow and worth as much as Homesoil? Edit: added Mine as second 2v2 price

Also another question: Am I allowed to participate in PvE? I really want to, but I can see all the replays and would have an advantage...

prices seems fine to me now :)

looking forward to the tournament now :)

If you are in the jury then of course not (except if you enter non-competitive and therefore give up a chance on the rewards).
But I suggest to ask the dev/mod team to form a jury out of them and maybe a few PvP/PvE/rPvE veterans.