Opening Tournament

bobfrog

Yes  Im sure they will, but is there a possibility of spectating live?

There were some PvP maps that could be Live. Haldur was the most notable. Idk aout any 2v2 maps though, and I don'k think there were for PvE.

Live or not though, it's pretty much the same....

There were some PvP maps that could be Live. Haldur was the most notable. Idk aout any 2v2 maps though, and I don'k think there were for PvE.

Live or not though, it's pretty much the same....

there was no PVE specatate mode. Only way of seeing those games live was playing the map with less players by someone not building any units, etc. So its not an spectate mode, but more like ööhm not even haing words for it :)

I dont really think it matters to much as watching actual replays never was a real handicap in battleforge.

For this i would ask every participant to rate their skill on a scale from 1 to 10. This would be based on trust, but we have a good community, so i think this would work.

If there is a price you shouldn't randomize teams. It would mean winning is based more on luck than skills. If it's for fun without any award it may be ok, however I still think playing with a friend is funnier.

@ladadoos Normally, commentary videos are uploaded after tournament. It's never been a rule, it's just nobody rush it.

@Lukaznid Spectator isnt very well implemented to the game. We spectate by coping a map in a costum map (that everybody need to download). It's basically a 3v3 but 2 player of each team has no orb so they cant do anything beside ping.

i can not promise, that you will be teamed with silverdragon. we have to decide if we want to make it random, i assign 1 good with 1 not so good or let everyone choose their teammate

So first we have to make sure that we don't decide to make it random :D

Actually this number thing is a pretty good idea (still hoping we don't ever use it) even though it could be quite difficult to use. 5+5 > 8+2 imho. Btw, maybe the highest rank a player ever achieved would say more than a guessed number, or both in combination.

So to summarise the rules:

- Only starterdeck cards. But in any combination. Upgrades allowed.

- PvP needs registration. Before the start of the tournament I will need a final confirmation that you will participate.

- 2v2: starting as team allowed. If you have no partner, you will be assigned a random partner.

- Time for the PvP rounds: 3 days. Exceptions possible in final, semifinal and quarterfinal. If no answer within 3 days, both loose or the one who answered wins.

- Time for PvE: 2 weeks

- Replays of all games needed. PvE replays wont be public until end of the tournament.

- After a PvP game the winner sends me a message who won and includes a replay. If in any case the replay was not saved, either the participants both agree who won (like gentlemen) or there will be another match, as there is no way of finding out who really won (well a video would be). If a desynchronisation error occured during the game, report this!

- In PvE a slow game in a high difficulty beats any faster game in a lower difficulty.

- If the rPvE map of the month would change before the end of the tournament, the rPvE will be delayed.

- The PvP map will be one of the official maps. If you agree with your opponent, you can choose the map, if not it will be random.

Did I miss something? Do you think something should be different?

Edited by bobfrog

So to summarise the rules:

- Only starterdeck cards. But in any combination. Upgrades allowed.

- PvP needs registration. Before the start of the tournament I will need a final confirmation that you will participate.

- 2v2: starting as team allowed. If you have no partner, you will be assigned a random partner.

- Time for the PvP rounds: 3 days. Exceptions possible in final, semifinal and quarterfinal. If no answer within 3 days, both loose.

- Time for PvE: 2 weeks

- Replays of all games needed. PvE replays wont be public until end of the tournament.

- After a PvP game both sides need to send me a message who won and include a replay.

- In PvE a slow game in a high difficulty beats any faster game in a lower difficulty.

- If the rPvE map of the month would change before the end of the tournament, the rPvE will be delayed.

Did I miss something? Do you think something should be different?

What if my PvP opponent doesn't answer? Do I lose then?

What if they don't send you a message with a replay?

Apart from that, the rules seem legit. And ty for premade teams :3