Extracting sounds from Pak[Guide]

Menchrese

If you ever wanted the sounds of battleforge units, background sounds, spell sounds, and more.

To extract and convert the sound files into a playable format: do this

.SNS files:

Step 1: download DragonUnpacker this is the software with which you will be able to unpack the pak files.

Step 2: Download the latest version of EAPlayer that is the software which allows you to convert the extracted .sns files into playable format.

Step 3: when you have every thing ready go to your battleforge and into "Base" than "Pak" with DragonUnpacker and find all the "Sound" files and just do "Extract all" , in settings you can choose which location it will be extracted to or just when you extract all it should ask you where as well.

Step 4: now that every thing is in ".SNS" type use "EAPlayer" , put EA player into the same folder of all the SNS files, and simply drag a file you want to convert, on top of EAPlayer app and release on it, it will generate a playable version of that same file.

Step 5: Listen and enjoy lmao.

Step 6: Use bobfrog's multi converter:[Click here] with "EAPlayer" by launching it in the same folder as the .sns files and the EAPlayer files click "copy" all on the topmost number which is the total of files, than click exit and it will start auto converting every file in the folder.

.SNR files:

Step 1: Download and install FormatFactory .

Step 2: Open FormatFactory  go to the folder where you extracted all your ".SNR" files, press "ctrl+a on your keyboard" to select all .snr files, drag em all into the FormatFactory.

Step 3: A pop up in the software will ask which format you'd want to convert em to , pick the audio settings and choose mp3/wav/mp4 or what ever you like, also in the bottom you can choose where it should be saved to what folder.

Alternatively:  Here's a ton of sounds i have found and converted to mp3 so far in one zip file: BattleForgeSounds.zip . [Containing all the units voices/sounds them talking].

Edited by Menchrese
Ultralord likes this

I tried Dragon Unpacker, Chris Moates's Extractor (more powerful version of the former) and Watto's Game Extractor back then. None of them were able to rebuild the sound files so that Winamp could play them, and have found no tools to convert snr files.

Any idea how to deal with those? Unless I'm missing something obvious, unit sounds are in snr.

Not sure wut you mean my sounds are in .sns, and dragonunpacker only extracts the sns from the pak and than i use the tool provided in this topic to convert sns to a playable by vlc/media player

I wrote a starter for the tool. Put it in the same folder with the ealayer3.exe and all your sns files you want to be converted.

ealayer3starter.exe

Awesome will do

I tried Dragon Unpacker, Chris Moates's Extractor (more powerful version of the former) and Watto's Game Extractor back then. None of them were able to rebuild the sound files so that Winamp could play them, and have found no tools to convert snr files.

Any idea how to deal with those? Unless I'm missing something obvious, unit sounds are in snr.

Oh nvm i found the snr as well lemme check if that works on snr as well.

Edit: Nope the EAPlayer doesn't work with .SNR. i will try to find a way tho.

Edit2: Think i found a way i'll post it here as well as i test it.

Edited by Menchrese

t6vKHA8.png

I always found it strange talking to my German in-game buddies because every time one of us called out the name of a unit/building/tech, you had to do a swift translation on the fly and sometimes quickly guess what the other meant :lol:

Come to think of it, the fact that most of the time they had trouble speaking English (but understood it almost perfectly) and I don't speak German anymore (but understand the language perfectly) resulted in odd looking conversations in clan/community channels - them talking exclusively in German, and me replying in English.

• 3 years later...

@Menchrese big thx for this sound pack. Always when I play nightmares end I love this music in the end with the countdown. I tried to find it a few times never found it After spending 1 hour clicking through your folder, I finally found it. Its called countdown_positve1_stream.

Thx again 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, Contrax said:

@Menchrese big thx for this sound pack. Always when I play nightmares end I love this music in the end with the countdown. I tried to find it a few times never found it After spending 1 hour clicking through your folder, I finally found it. Its called countdown_positve1_stream.

Thx again 

You are welcome =]

• 3 years later...
On 8/18/2015 at 7:05 PM, Menchrese said:

Alternatively:  Here's a ton of sounds i have found and converted to mp3 so far in one zip file: BattleForgeSounds.zip . [Containing all the units voices/sounds them talking].

Thank you very much for all your work - Skylord from the future.
The data has only Twilight and Renegade edition units, however, it is enough for me.
Thank you very much.

Also it's missing dialoges from campaign maps like Ocean, Oracle, Raven's End and Empire, but still has more than enough lines to keep me happy.

Names of campaign tracks.txt

Edited by Dallarian

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, Dallarian said:

Thank you very much for all your work - Skylord from the future.
The data has only Twilight and Renegade edition units, however, it is enough for me.
Thank you very much.

Also it's missing dialoges from campaign maps like Ocean, Oracle, Raven's End and Empire, but still has more than enough lines to keep me happy.

Names of campaign tracks.txt 768 B · 9 downloads

Much obliged -  Skylord from the past and future ^^

Dallarian likes this