card attributes & main card types

Ilsyde

Below is the recreation of my old guide on cards, drafted and finalised during the official beta phase. I filled in the blanks, rephrased and extended each paragraph.

It contains plenty of basic, useful and important information for both beginners and more experiences players.

factions

The four main factions belong to the following elements:

FIRE is all about offense, with its aggressive and damaging spells. Their units tend to have more damage and less health in general.

FROST is the direct opposite to Fire with its defensive structures and high health, relatively low damage units. Their spells slow down or freeze groups of units.

NATURE focuses on crowd control to dominate the battlefield. Their units excel at laying siege to enemy ranks and bases, supported by healing and neutralising spells.

SHADOW favours corruption and sacrificing their own to gain the upper hand. Their units boast a wide range of powerful but counter-intuitive abilities that swiftly lay waste to enemies in skilled hands.

card attributes

Main attributes shown on each card:

Cost: this is the number at the top right corner. Power Wells built on designated spots on the map provide power, which is then used to pay for the card’s cost. Furthermore, destroyed units and buildings – as well as spells cast – return 90% of their mana cost to the Void which acts a secondary income by essentially recycling power.

Orbs: found at the top right corner and depicted by either filled-in or empty circles. Monuments built on designated spots on the map provide elemental orbs, which are then used to fulfil the orb requirement for each card. Filled-in orbs always refer to the element of their colour, while empty circles (neutral orbs) don’t require a specific element.

Tier: is calculated by counting the number of orbs required for a particular card. Higher tiers become available as more Monuments are built and are generally more powerful.

Charges: the first number below the card’s illustration. You may cast a card this many times, before it becomes dormant and enters a cooldown period. This recharge time is half the power cost of each creature, but otherwise may vary.

Rarity: these are the various shapes at the bottom right corner, representing the likelihood of acquiring a card from booster packs, and their general in-game and trade value. Common cards have dark brown symbols, uncommons are grey, rares are orange and ultra-rares are turquoise.

Edition: the shape of the rarity icon refers to the expansion corresponding cards have first appeared in.

card types

The three main types (or classes) of cards are units, buildings and spells. Each of these are then broken down into subclasses to further help in identifying a card’s role and purpose.

This is a Tier 1 Sunstriders common UNIT Fire card that costs 50 power, requiring 1 fire orb to cast and has 5 charges before entering cooldown. The creature itself spawns in groups of 6, is considered small and has 360 health. It deals 450 ranged damage but receives a 50% bonus if attacking medium units.

KDiOGhs.png

Attack type: melee units have a sword icon, ranged units a bow and creatures using special attacks have a star.

Damage: done over 20 seconds. Units that are summoned away from a Power Well or Monument are dazed for 15 seconds and deal 50% less damage.

Bonus damage: depicted by letters corresponding to seizes S, M, L, and XL. Units deal 50% additional damage to other creatures that match the attacking unit’s preference. However, units using special attacks don’t deal bonus damage.

Creature size: small and medium units are sometimes summoned in groups of 4 to 6, shown by the second number below the portrait. If a member of the group dies, he or she can be revived but the squad’s total health and damage is temporarily reduced until then. Small and medium units are affected by knockback effects from large and extra-large units.

Health: damaged units may be healed by some other creatures or spells. Alternatively, injured units can be returned to friendly buildings for healing. Units that are summoned away from a Power Well or Monument are dazed for 15 seconds and have 50% less health.

Abilities: either active (must be triggered manually) or passive. Some cards have two versions (affinities) which manifests in different abilities but have otherwise the exact same attributes. Dazed units can’t use their special abilities for 15 seconds.

This is a Tier 3 Armored Tower uncommon BUILDING Frost card that costs 80 power, requiring 1 frost orb in addition to two of any other colour to cast and has 3 charges before entering cooldown. Once built, it’ll have 2590 health and deal 1420 damage to enemies.
iWP4YSJ.png

Damage: while under construction, buildings take double damage from all sources, are unable to attack or use abilities. Constructing a building takes twice as long when not in the vicinity of a Power Well or Monument.

Health: damaged buildings can be repaired using the hammer tool (found on the main interface to the right and above selected buildings) when out of combat or with spells. Buildings are also capable of healing nearby injured units.

This is a Tier 3 Revenge rare SPELL Nature card that costs 100 power, 1 nature orb in addition to two of any other colour to cast and has 3 charges before entering cooldown.
LZFjN1G.png

This is a Tier 4 Shadow Worm ultra-rare unit card that costs 250 power, requiring 4 shadow orbs to cast and only has 1 charge before entering cooldown. The creature is considered extra-large, has 3000 health and deals 4000 ranged damage but recieves a 50% bonus if attacking large units.
D8jAWKD.png

Ic3killer likes this

Below is the recreation of my old guide on cards, drafted and finalised during the official beta phase. I filled in the blanks, rephrased and extended each paragraph.

It contains plenty of basic, useful and important information for both beginners and more experiences players.

factions

The four main factions belong to the following elements:

FIRE is all about offense, with its aggressive and damaging spells. Their units tend to have more damage and less health in general.

FROST is the direct opposite to Fire with its defensive structures and high health, relatively low damage units. Their spells slow down or freeze groups of units.

NATURE focuses on crowd control to dominate the battlefield. Their units excel at laying siege to enemy ranks and bases, supported by healing and neutralising spells.

SHADOW favours corruption and sacrificing their own to gain the upper hand. Their units boast a wide range of powerful but counter-intuitive abilities that swiftly lay waste to enemies in skilled hands.

card attributes

Main attributes shown on each card:

Cost: this is the number at the top right corner. Power Wells built on designated spots on the map provide power, which is then used to pay for the card’s cost. Furthermore, destroyed units and buildings – as well as spells cast – return 90% of their mana cost to the Void which acts a secondary income by essentially recycling power.

Orbs: found at the top right corner and depicted by either filled-in or empty circles. Monuments built on designated spots on the map provide elemental orbs, which are then used to fulfil the orb requirement for each card. Filled-in orbs always refer to the element of their colour, while empty circles (neutral orbs) don’t require a specific element.

Tier: is calculated by counting the number of orbs required for a particular card. Higher tiers become available as more Monuments are built and are generally more powerful.

Charges: the first number below the card’s illustration. You may cast a card this many times, before it becomes dormant and enters a cooldown period. This recharge time is half the power cost of each creature, but otherwise may vary.

Rarity: these are the various shapes at the bottom right corner, representing the likelihood of acquiring a card from booster packs, and their general in-game and trade value. Common cards have dark brown symbols, uncommons are grey, rares are orange and ultra-rares are turquoise.

Edition: the shape of the rarity icon refers to the expansion corresponding cards have first appeared in.attributes

card types

The three main types (or classes) of cards are units, buildings and spells. Each of these are then broken down into subclasses to further help in identifying a card’s role and purpose.

This is a Tier 1 Sunstriders common UNIT Fire card that costs 50 power, requiring 1 fire orb to cast and has 5 charges before entering cooldown. The creature itself spawns in groups of 6, is considered small and has 360 health. It deals 450 ranged damage but receives a 50% bonus if attacking medium units.

KDiOGhs.png

Attack type: melee units have a sword icon, ranged units a bow and creatures using special attacks have a star.

Damage: units that are summoned away from a Power Well or Monument are dazed for 15 seconds and deal 50% less damage.

Bonus damage: depicted by letters corresponding to seizes S, M, L, and XL. Units deal 50% additional damage to other creatures that match the attacking unit’s preference. However, units using special attacks don’t deal bonus damage.

Creature size: small and medium units are sometimes summoned in groups of 4 to 6, shown by the second number below the portrait. If a member of the group dies, he or she can be revived but the squad’s total health and damage is temporarily reduced until then. Small and medium units are affected by knockback effects from large and extra-large units.

Health: damaged units may be healed by some other creatures or spells. Alternatively, injured units can be returned to friendly buildings for healing. Units that are summoned away from a Power Well or Monument are dazed for 15 seconds and have 50% less health.

Abilities: either active (must be triggered manually) or passive. Dazed units can’t use their special abilities for 15 seconds.

This is a Tier 3 Armored Tower uncommon BUILDING Frost card that costs 80 power, requiring 1 frost orb in addition to two of any other colour to cast and has 3 charges before entering cooldown. Once built, it’ll have 2590 health and deal 1420 damage to enemies.
iWP4YSJ.png

Damage: while under construction, buildings take double damage from all sources, are unable to attack or use abilities. Constructing a building takes twice as long when not in the vicinity of a Power Well or Monument.

Health: damaged buildings can be repaired using the hammer tool (found on the main interface to the right and above selected buildings) when out of combat or with spells. Buildings are also capable of healing nearby injured units.

This is a Tier 3 Revenge rare SPELL Nature card that costs 100 power, 1 nature orb in addition to two of any other colour to cast and has 3 charges before entering cooldown.
LZFjN1G.png

This is a Tier 4 Shadow Worm ultra-rare unit card that costs 250 power, requiring 4 shadow orbs to cast and only has 1 charge before entering cooldown. The creature is considered extra-large, has 3000 health and deals 4000 ranged damage but recieves a 50% bonus if attacking large units.
D8jAWKD.png

i added some small addition. its underlined and big in the quote as buildings also can get repaired with spells.

Edited by Treim

You think I could add something about affinities? Just a small note that some cards have 2 versions, that slightly makes them different in terms of special abilities or passive abilities, but it doesnt change their HP or Attack, or the chance of getting that card in a Booster

Thank you for this helpful card guide. As a new fan of this game I had a question about unit/tower damage. You say it is done over 20 secs? so it is not per attack? Somewhat Confusing. Also with certain units/towers such as the armored tower example, there is an attack value but no damage type/bonus. This unit also has a passive ability called ice bolt with a different damage amount. Does that mean that the tower has two attacks?

Thank you for this helpful card guide. As a new fan of this game I had a question about unit/tower damage. You say it is done over 20 secs? so it is not per attack? Somewhat Confusing. Also with certain units/towers such as the armored tower example, there is an attack value but no damage type/bonus. This unit also has a passive ability called ice bolt with a different damage amount. Does that mean that the tower has two attacks?

The attack IS always per 20 seconds (its because different cards have a different attack speed, so it would be more confusing if it was just per 1 attack)

There are also units with no attack value, for example Wrathgazer, who desintegrates enemy units (thus can't target buildings). 

Armored tower has a basic attack - 1420 per 20 seconds, but no primary weapon size, thus it doesnt deal the 50% extra to any type of creature size nor buildings That is to compensate for the weapon type and make the card, like every other, special and unique in any type of fights

However, as you have noticed, it has the toggle ability - Friendly entities in a 25m radius take 50% less damage for 30 seconds or until a total of 5200 damage has been absorbed.

That is to compensate for the weapon type and make the card, like every other, special and unique in any type of fights

Edited by anonyme0273

Thank you for this helpful card guide. As a new fan of this game I had a question about unit/tower damage. (...)

Hey there Javaman, I would recommend you check this video out. It also talks about the card system - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOc9Bn7MPEo Due to some accidental setting changes, the audio from the video is very low. You should still be able to hear him fine if you put every sound at 100%. He said that he will fix it soon.

This unit also has a passive ability called ice bolt with a different damage amount. Does that mean that the tower has two attacks?

The attack IS always per 20 seconds (its because different cards have a different attack speed, so it would be more confusing if it was just per 1 attack)

There are also units with no attack value, for example Wrathgazer, who desintegrates enemy units (thus can't target buildings). 

Armored tower has a basic attack - 1420 per 20 seconds, but no primary weapon size, thus it doesnt deal the 50% extra to any type of creature size nor buildings That is to compensate for the weapon type and make the card, like every other, special and unique in any type of fights

However, as you have noticed, it has the toggle ability - Friendly entities in a 25m radius take 50% less damage for 30 seconds or until a total of 5200 damage has been absorbed.

That is to compensate for the weapon type and make the card, like every other, special and unique in any type of fights

I would like to add that the attack of any unit/ building has an own name and is listed in the card description. Ice bolt is the buildings only offensive ability and the normal attack of this building. The damage/20 seconds is an average as Ice of Bolt has 110-170 damage per shot depending on where the unit gets hit within the 5m radius of the attack.

Thanks guys. That clears it up a bit, since the attack animations and speed vary that makes sense. So most fights would end up being more drawn out/overtime if two of the same units are attacking each other. As a rule I take it if I wanted to estimate the damage per second just to divide by 20? sorta an informal way to figure out which units could for example one shot another unit in a quick fight

So most fights would end up being more drawn out/overtime if two of the same units are attacking each other.

It depends what type of unit he is ( S, M , L or XL ) and what type of unit the card counters ( if he counters any units, since it can have siege instead ).

Thanks guys. That clears it up a bit, since the attack animations and speed vary that makes sense. So most fights would end up being more drawn out/overtime if two of the same units are attacking each other. As a rule I take it if I wanted to estimate the damage per second just to divide by 20? sorta an informal way to figure out which units could for example one shot another unit in a quick fight

No, it's more complicated than that. XL units' damage statistic isn't over 20 seconds either, which makes it even harder to tell. Generally the easiest way to do it (quickly) is to just memorize things. If you want to know if a ranged attack will kill in one shot (more practical), the card will always list in the description how much damage is done per shot, and the frequency of shots. Damage is not done in one second though

If two of the same units are attacking each other, one usually wins unless they are XL or ranged. For instance, in a 1v1 scavenger vs dreacharger (which doesn't happen), the unit that attacks first wins. The unit that attacks first depends one where the animation of each card is in the running cycle and can be manipulated, but it never is because nobody just spawns one dreadcharger or one scavenger to fight. Occassionally, however, the technique is useful when you're trying to rush t2. For instance if I have a scav and my opponent has a dreacharger and I want to go t2, I will attack his dreadcharger and try to micro such that my unit hits first. If it does, he'll need to spawn a forsaken to kill my scavenger (if he doesn't I will be left with about 5 health in the end, which I can heal up and use to harass him later, still provoking a power expenditure). In a real fight I would summon sunstrider or thugs to kill the forsaken (or erupt) but in this scenario all I really wanted was for him to spend an extra 50 power on t1 so that I can go t2 a smidgen earlier.

• 4 weeks later...