Map Editor [Activation Guide]

Menchrese

There is only 1 known problem with the map editor currently as far as I know: Not being able to use most of the map editor tools. @Menchrese might look into fixing that problem. You are still able to load other maps though.

This wasn't a problem but rather a lack of experience with the map editor.

Edited by ladadoos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not your main battleforge folder where you click on the .exe to start the editor.

but the folder that contains persnal data only like configuration of stuffs and all that its in the "My documents" in your start menu and there must be a config with a valid token id that tells the client its activated.

The assertion failed error only happend to us when we didn't have a proper file set up in the "Battleforge" folder in "My Documents"

Edited by Menchrese

Not your main battleforge folder where you click on the .exe to start the editor.

but the folder that contains persnal data only like configuration of stuffs and all that its in the "My documents" in your start menu and there must be a config with a valid token id that tells the client its activated.

The assertion failed error only happend to us when we didn't have a proper file set up in the "Battleforge" folder in "My Documents"

Could you PM me how to do this right then? xd

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 January 2016 at 5:04 PM, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

My personal Error

That is my problem actually

Edit: The Error itself is in german.

That is because you are missing C++ redistributable components. You could try installing vcredist.exe which should come with the client, and then try again. Other than that, also make sure you have jun2010 directx 

Reference: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/error-the-application-has-failed-to-start-because/df019c0d-746e-42d0-ad68-465e18e3f3ef?auth=1

1 hour ago, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

You are kidding me right? I mean...we can't install the client because there is no installer ;)

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 8:25 PM, Sylar said:

Here is the entire Battleforge (with map editor) in one file so you guys don't have to put everything together, all you need is to extract.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8UU4VaqJcjkMml1Q3dfbXU2NU0&export=download

Funny thing, the file is 1.78GB but google says it is over 1.8 and can not be scanned.

the file vcredist.exe should be in that folder, it has nothing to do with installer. There is currently no installer at all anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • MrXLink pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

So Ive downloaded everythind extraced like it was written down in the tutorial, my problem is that when im in the editor and try to place something like a unit or a wall nothing happens, the editor just simply wont place anything, same for Cliffs and placements. When I open the entity list nothing is written down, Ive already tried to install the editor and the game again and I dont know what Im doing wrong, any ideas?

Nervermind, I just found out how it works xd

Edited by Vernichtungsofen

• Zyna unpinned this topic